Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety Proclamation from the State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Proclamation from the State

The Legion tacks up posters throughout the city and sends word to their posts and outlying towns. Merchants organize protests in the Trade Tier in response to the proclamation.

Emergency Proclamation #0148
    Banning the Sale of Crystal Goods through Unguilded Merchants

Until further notice, all crystal goods (including pendants, rings, armors, blades, lenses, gemstones and crystalized alchemical powders) is forbidden without authenticated credentials.

Only merchants with tax certificates from the state or guild membership papers from recognized merchant guilds (including Exigo Syndicate and the Thayan Enclave) may sell any crystal goods until this proclamation is lifted.

Be on alert for unlicensed salesmen or gifts from unexpected sources. Please report any unlicensed crystal goods sales activity or yuan-ti sightings to the city guard.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

*pel scratches his head* I havnt ever 'seen' a crystal let alone seen them sold. I cant see this affecting many merchants
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

shiv looks the notice over and laughs walking out of town he finally says something.

"first em want in ya purse for a lisence now em shake'n folks down more...heh good thing I only sell things I find...*chuckles*"
      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Yashia frowns when she walks by one of the posters and reads it.

"Hmm. Understandable that they try to be careful, but forbidding the sale of jewelry's most meaningful part? One can only buy wedding rings set with diamond now from one of those greed-inspired organisations and not from a passionate artisan who operates on his own? That's just wrong. What with the rumors of the Reds welcoming those snake-folk with open arms? That's far more suspicious... I'd sooner see them take any opportunity to make profit."

"I wonder if there is anything that can be done for the honest small businessman..."

She moves on, thinking hard of something to do. It's unfortunate that thinking hard causes headaches, and that effectively makes thinking even harder to do.

Comment

Cybil nods as she reads the posting.

"Good, I'm glad they haven't wasted any time with this. The crystals in question are not a good thing to have bantering about. It's not a simple task to get a license, true, but it is worth it; the populace needs to be protected. Perhaps the merchant leagues and guilds can organize their own once they understand the danger that these new crystals can cause."

She then walks away back to the Triumvirate to see if there has been any progress on neutralizing or even countering the effect of these smaller crystals.
          Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
          Cybil Gelley (Retired)
          Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Juggra points at the number 4 in the number #0148 and laughs

"Ha Ha Ha Ha... 4.... yeah! 4. Ha Ha Ha Ha...."

He tares a poster from the wall and shakes it infront of his own face erratically.

"FOUR!!! YEAH!!!"

To some it might be obvious he has finally learned the number 4.

What has this to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing.

But perhaps for some it's a sign that the 'simple things' are more important to those on the street then the bizzare machinations of those in power or sitting in their high towers far above worrying about petty crystals and licenses.
            If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
            Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Working...
            X