Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To answer that question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To answer that question...

Caelryth sat at the Rangers' Rest across from the couple. "The both of you have been very kind, and I thank you. The story isn't an easy one to tell. We had just finished our business in Silverymoon and were trying to get back to Waterdeep, and then make plans from there. The witch hunters picked up our trail in Everlund I think...."

The two elves sat in their camp, watching the sun rise by the SurbinRiver. "What are you planning to do now Caelryth?"

"Not sure, to be honest. Other than Silverymoon, Sundren is the only other place I've known as home. Maybe I'll just head back. Besides, the Hunters usually don't go that far North to look for me. What about you, little brother?"

"Maybe I will head back with you. I had a lot of friends back there. Maybe try to make an honest living." Sehron looks and smirks at Caelryth.

"Yea, that'll happen." Caelryth shakes his head.

The two chuckled at one another and begin gathering up there camp. Sehron suddenly stops. "Horses! Somebody approaches, and quickly!"

"Alright, find a place to hide; I'll take care of this."

"Be careful, Caelryth... Diplomacy is not you strong point."

"Will you just hide you little thief!"

Sehron quickly hid in some tall grasses. Caelryth went back to breaking camp, trying to act as casually as possible. The men stopped a distance away from the camp. Caelryth could count six, plus one left behind to watch the horses. They soon surrounded the camp.

Caelryth looked up, "You fellas will be disappointed, I don't have enough to feed the lot of you."

"You know why we're here demon! You have two options. Why not just take the easy one."

The white haired elf smirked, "Alright, I accept your surrender. You may lay your weapons down and leave as you wish."

"You test my patience, demon. You are out numbered six to one, why not just come and face justice. You don't have to die."

Caelryth shakes his head, "I don't see that as an option I'm afraid. Now I'm asking, just go and let me be."

"You are an abomination to the Gods! Your death will be a great victory for Faerun!"

Caelryth sighs as a purple flame surrounds his arm. He draws a longsword with his other. He looked up in time to see the man near the rear of the pack. A gloved hand was over his mouth, and his blood ran down the front of his armor. Sehron had already started the attack.

Caelryth quickly launched a flaming blast at the leader, which struck its target in the torso. The flame seemed to dance to two others standing behind the speaker. The leader seemed to shrug off some of the damage and approached the warlock. His two henchmen did not fare as well. They began to dance around in a vain attempt to put the flames out.

Sehron, mean while moved on to his two targets, now approaching to help their leader. He made a quick stab at one, causing serious damage. The man yelled, and dropped his shield to the ground. His partner turned to engage the second elf. The two began to fight, Sehron dodging and parrying his attacks while looking for a clean hit. The elf wasn’t having a difficult time with this soldier, but with his attention diverted, he didn’t the other man he crippled earlier find his sword and approach the engaged elf. Sehron saw an opening in his opponent’s defenses and quick slid his rapier through the underarm and into the heart. He smiled as the man fell. The smile was short lived as he felt cold steel pass through his body. He looked down to see end of the sword protruding from his torso.

Caelryth, though a bit battered, had just finished with the leader, who now lay in a pile of burnt flesh at his feet. “See little brother, that wasn’t so har…” He stopped, and his jaw dropped. “No….” The remaining henchman kicked the blue elf’s body off the end of his sword and it fell lifeless into the river.

“You son of a bitch!” Caelryth could feel the rage take over. He unleashed his arcane energies at the solider, who side stepped the blast and moved into melee with the elf. Caelryth blocked attack after attack, he wasn’t sure his worn sword was going to take much more of a beating. The soldier thrust his blade into the warlock’s arm, causing him to drop his weapon. Caelryth reach up and grabbed his attacker, and placed his other hand inches away from his chest unleashing a blast of heat and fire. The heat singed the brim of and blackened the elf’s armor, but his opponent fell to the ground a mix of ash, blood, and bone.

Caelryth quickly ran to the river. “Sehron! Sehron Gods damn it all, answer me!” The river simply flowed and no reply was given. Caelryth picked up his weapon and quickly gathered the rest of his things. He walked down the river, shouting his brother’s name until the sun began to set. He spotted something reflecting the sun’s light near the bank ahead. He kneeled down. A small brass flute, he knew it was his brother’s. On the side was written “To protect my beloved scout.” He took the flute and placed it in his pack.

That night he went through his brother’s pack. Caelryth wasn’t the strongest elf, and he had to make the difficult decision on what to keep and what had to be left behind. He came across a letter addressed to “Que’alla, The Triumvirate Temple, SundrenCity.” He opened it and looked in.

“Que’alla,
    If you are reading this I fear that I have been unable to make it home….”

He folded the letter and put it in his pack. He closed his eyes, as tears rolled down his cheek. “Why now, Sehanine… why now…”
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Hanali's Revenge

"You chase?" the inquisitive little hin asked.

Caelryth smiled at his newly found friend, “You’re Gods damned right I chased. I haven’t had many chances at a normal life, and Dani’ka was an unlikely chance. She was a drow, a follower of Eilistraee.”

“Drow? What is drow?” Fullgrin looked up and asked Caelryth.

“I’ll have to explain that later, my friend. I heard humans say, it’s better to have had loved and lost than to have never loved at all, I’m not so sure about that…”

Quaevarr was always lovely in the fall. The leaves had started to change in the quaint little town. Caelryth was up first, seeing how Dani’ka was up praying under the moon as usual.

Dani’ka was unique to say the least. Although the Marches had one of the few known Temples to Elistraee and surface drow were not uncommon, Caelryth was sure he had caught the eye of a truly unique creature. She fought fiercely, showing those who wronged the innocent little mercy, but her voice was something else as well. She would softly sing to Caelryth by the waterfall, causing all the mixed emotions to fade away.

“Fullgrin not wish to hear elfa mating rituals! Elfa too soft! You show you strong and chase woman, then woman want!”

“Sorry… I started to get a little too “soft”. The elf smiles at the savage little halfling, “I’ll try not to let it happen again”

Dani’ka had heard that an adventuring party had captured a drow on the surface, and rumors were the group was less than open minded.

“I have to help, Caelryth. You know I cannot turn my back on those who might have a chance of redemption.”

“I know, love, I just worry, that’s all. If they have one drow, they might be looking to add another to their collection. I'll stay back and let you do all that talking as usually. Never was any good at it anyway.”

Dani’ka smiled and looked at him with her crystal blue eyes, “Do not worry, you have other uses.”

“Tribeless One! You gave word!”

“Sorry, sorry. I’ll get on with it.”

Caelryth set back as Dani’ka approached the figure at by the fire. The silence of the night was broken by Dani’ka’s yell.

“Caelryth! He’s dead!”

The elf mutters under his breath “Gods be damned, it’s a trap.”

The area was immediately immersed in darkness, and soon after bolts began to fly. Caelryth and Dani’ka tried to seek cover, but to no avail. He could vaguely make out her figure falling in the cloud. The bolts were only steel, and Caelryth was able to hold out a bit longer, but soon. he too fell.

Caelryth awoke, bound in a cage. He was unable to see much from his prison, the sound told him everything he needed to know. Dani’ka was screaming. She was trying her best to be strong, but nobody could under those conditions.

“Look here. The little surface whore’s man awakes. Don’t worry, you will only be tortured for a little bit because our wizards really want you alive… they have plans.”

Caelryth said nothing. He just looked at his captors and tried anything to tune out the screams of the woman he loved. The screams were awful. He seemed to had suffered for hours when the room finally fell silent.

The captor grinned and looked into the cage. “Well, she lasted longer than expected. Oooh… Is the little demon caster going to get all misty eyed on us because we harmed his little surface whore? You’ll have your turn.”

The guards left, save one who he heard in the room where Dani’ka’s screams came from. The defeated elf was worn, both emotionally and physically. He had heard rumors of drow torture. They would soon learn that his will is not easily broken.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

"Magnificent. I don’t know who carved these symbols into your chest, but they did a splendid job.” The drow cleric slowly traced her finger down Caelryth’s torso. He wasn’t the same. The days of torture and magical experimentation had taken its toll on the warlock. His finger nails had become talon like claws. His green eyes had long faded, and only a red glow remained. His canines were more like fangs. “You are almost complete. Our rivals will be no match for you.”

“Are you sure this will work? He is not powerful enough yet to conjure his acid. That is what need of him.”

“Trust me. These spells will speed up his progress, but at the cost of his will. Hopefully, he will little more than a mindless weapon when we are finished.”

The wizard smiled, “Then I can have his surface dwelling companion?”

“Calm yourself! As long as there is a spark of sentience left, he can be dangerous. I would suggest you leave her alone. Now, there is more work to be done.”

The drow women picked up an odd shaped object. It was cast in cold iron and covered in Abyssal runes. She chanted sever words while holding it near Caelryth. The runes on his chest began to burn a dull red, and the creature bound began to howl in pain. In a near by cage, a young drow sat and watched helpless, as the man she once knew slipped away.

“That should do it for now. He is very resilient; I must say I am impressed. I thought most moon elves were soft. They make piss poor slaves, and I thought they would be good for nothing except target practice. This one might prove me wrong.” The cleric looked over her work again. “Get some work done, I’m going to report this to our superiors.”

The wizard nodded. “As you wish.” He waited patiently for the drow woman to disappear, and then approached Dani’ka’s cage. “Come now little one. You know, I am on my way through the ranks. Being my concubine could come with several rewards. You would never have to worry about these nasty bars ever again.”

Dani’ka said nothing, just looked at the floor, sobbing softly.

“Your warlock… he is as good as gone, I assure you. Nothing left in him but rage and the will to serve the mistress. He is of no use to you anymore.”

Still, Dani’ka gave no response.

“Well, one way or another, I am going to hear you scream.” The drow picked up a near by sword. He muttered a few words and the tip started glowing red hot. He stuck the blade in the cage, stabbing his prisoner in the upper thigh.

Dani’ka let out a blood curdling scream. It was not just a scream of pain, but of hopelessness and surrender. It was as if her body was releasing the last bit of pain it had left in it.

Suddenly Caelryth’s eyes opened. He let out a roar, the sound of which was not natural to any elf. His hands began to glow green, and his cold iron shackles began to melt away, leaving a band shaped scar on both of his wrists.

The wizard turned and saw what was happening. He quickly picked up his staff and called for the guards. “Somebody cage this dog, and quickly, before the mistress gets back. You should have little problem shrugging of his hell fire.”

Caelryth looked to the wizard and unleashed a blast of green energy. The blast hit the wizard, and threw him against the wall. The acid worked quickly, and when the blast stopped, he fell to the floor, breaking into pieces with a sickening thud.

The first guard moved in, and the beast ended his life with a quick jab of his clawed hand to the throat. The other two were hit with acid, and fell to the floor screaming. Caelryth quickly went to Dani’ka’s cage and grabbed the lock, melting it. He picked up the drow and began to make his way out of the room.

He dispatched two more guards outside the room. He took a few jabs, but the wounds weren’t deep, and he seemed to shrug off the damage from their steel weapons. As he ran, he felt several bolts sink into his back, but the warlock kept running.

He used as much of his power that he could to keep his speed up. He had know idea how many pursuers there were, or even how far they were behind, but he kept up the pace until his body could not push itself any longer, and he collapsed. He remembered hearing a familiar voice. “Mahl, I think I see them up ahead! Hurry they’re both down!”

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

End Story

Caelryth and Dani'ka were in their room at the Whistling Stag. The two were arguing, a rare thing for the couple to do.

“It’s best if I simply go. I almost cost you your life! This isn’t the first time I’ve been sought and it won’t be the last!”

The young drow pleaded. “I am not a fool, Caelryth. I knew what it meant to get involved with you, but you cannot run from your feelings.”

“I’ve made up my mind, Dani’ka. It’s for the best. If you think I came by this decision lightly, you’re wrong! Damn it all, I care for you too much to see you get hurt like that again. If I have to choose between my love for you and your safety, then I will simply have to suffer.”

“You don’t have to suffer, damn it! Gods, why the Hells are you being so stubborn about this!” Dani’ka’s face wasn’t the same when she was angry, it was almost unnatural.

“Look, my brother is coming in from the North. We have a lot of family business to take care of in Silverymoon. I… I could stop by after and see how you’re doing.”

“You are a piss poor liar Caelryth. Go! Go do whatever the Hells you want! That is what you do best anyway! You know something, the only reason you are alone, is you! It’s not your powers or your past, it’s you Gods damn it!” The drow was in tears by this point.

Caelryth approached his companion, and kissed her on the forehead. “I’m sorry…”

“Just… go…”

“You said you chase. That not chase, Tribeless One. That surrender.”

“Well, at that time, I thought it was for the best.” Caelryth looked at the hin.

“Sounds to Fullgrin, at time, you not think at all. Was Tribless One good mate for Ani?”

“Well, I’d like to think so, yes.”

“Was Ani good mate for Tribeless One?”

“Oh, absolutely.” Caelryth smiled a bit.

“Then no see problem.”

“Well, Fullgrin, it’s a bit more complicated tha…” Caelryth was cut off.

“No! No! Tribeless One complicate! You had strong mate and you stop chase! You lose!”

Caelryth nodded. He wasn’t sure if he did the right thing or not, and may never know, but Fullgrin was right… He did indeed lose.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
        X