Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resserection, A New Land.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resserection, A New Land.

The 'Blue Goblin' glided across glassy waters, the sun was warm and the air crystal and crisp. It was a beautiful day and Umberlee was sleeping well in the depths for now.

Deck hands sat around having spent the morning cleaning up from the storm the night before.

Below deck the captain, a lithe and blue skinned female elf with hair and eyes to match, inspected the cargo. Things had fallen about in the storm and some crates were burst open or turned upside down.

"Gah! Lads, Barro! Markayus! Get ye selves down yonder and sort this mess out."

The sound of feet beat the wooden steps at the two young human shipcrew hurried down. The captain picked up and threw a couple of smaller crates out the way and moved in amongst the mess.

"Oh hells, tha thayan delivery!"
    If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
    Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Earlier, the night before, during the storm:

The boat creaked and rose heavily from the might of the ocean. Umberlees wrath beat down upon the deck above, where the captains screams were hardly to be heard beneath the din of the oceans roar.

The wind hurled wave after wave, nothing was safe and nothing felt like ground.

Down below, in the hull of the ship, a cargo felt the motions of the sea, motions that stirred what was within. Mulhorundi writings upon a crate marked a thayan cargo.

Thick ropes held the cargo in place and all other boxes and crates around it. It was the most still place on the ship, protected from the elements outside. In here there was no wind or rain and motion was robbed of it's power by the ropes that bound all in place.

Inside a crate something stirred. Long it had been regenerating, healing from a past lives injuries. A thayan experiment, lost and found again after it's death. The experiment itself knew nothing of what it was, and what it was, they thayans did not truely know either.

The beast awoke, comfy in a bed of straw he lay. A hand rose and met the roof of the crate. His arm lulled back and he wondered where he was.

The sway of the ocean was something he had not known before. It lifted him high, then the sensation of falling far, sent the strangest of feelings through his chest and stomache.

The beast grabbed out sideways to hold on to something. The walls of the crate were firm and present. He felt steady... for a moment. Again high he was thrown, up up up, but the walls were there still. Plummeting again, he fell, deep and far.

The beast moaned.

Two hands met the roof above him. His Jaw clenched and then pressure built within his arms. Wood cracked and splintered, ropes burst, air rushed in. The weight above him suddenly changed as the ships motion changed. It came back, collapsed onto him and then fell off to the side.

The ship plummeted again. The beast lifted out of his resting place and into the air. His eyes blurred at the dark room around him. Suddenly he came down hard onto the floor and crates and boxes collapsed onto him. he fought and punched as he was thrown around.

The seas showed no mercy and neither did he. All that came his way found it's way back. A tall dark body with long wirey hair clung to a wood beam in the centre of the cargo room. Muscles rippled, covered in terrible scars. An orcan face screamed in pain, drowned out by the oceans fury. He lashed out hurling boxes and crates against every wall as they came flying at him.

He was born again,

...into relentless combat.

Comment

As morning came the storm died down, many onboard fell to their hammocks, many were not so fortunate and were required to get things back in order. One such unfortunate was Rukkaz the ships cook.

Rukkaz was a short but very wide half-orc with grey skin and one eye green, the other blue. His tusks were long and his head balding with grey hair. He wore a dirty white apron and a belt full of knives, cleavers and other implements.

Rukkaz busied about his Kitchen tidying every small jar and bottle that was rolling around the floor, every knife, fork, platter, fruit, vegetable, loaf of bread. It was scattered and much of what was edible was ruined.

Rukkaz came out of the pantry with a large side of beef over one shoulder. He paused and looked at the beast of a half orc standing in his kitchen.

Many would have been phased but Rukkaz simply saw a kin, a young one with plenty of muscle at that but he instantly could tell that Juggra was the dumb and easily led type.

"You whut they sendin me aye? I be buggered, I would ha thought you been more betterer for pulling ropes and stuff up above.

Anyhows, not to mind."

Rukkaz thumped the side of beef down next to juggra on a well scarred wooden work bench.

He took Juggra's right arm in his hand and turned it over slapping the handle of a large meat cleaver into his open palm.

"CHOP!"

Juggra looked blank.

"Whut?"

"Whut CHEF!"

Rukkaz slapped Juggra across the head.

"And if I see you eating anyfink other than da fat I be busting yer knees lad."

Juggra nodded looking very worried, "Okays, Okays! I choppy chop den.... uh... chef!"

"Put on dis here, I can't have ye preparing food in Rukkaz's kitchen wearin only yer loins.... By umberlee, dis ones right off da hills"

Juggra caught a large red butchers tunic, his face lit up.

"HA HA HA HA, is red! Juggra like red! Juggra Yeah!"

Rukkaz banged his head against the wall five times.

"Juggra like red... CHEF!!!"
      Last edited by Azulfae; 05-02-2009, 10:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
      X