Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Hunter's Lucky Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hunter's Lucky Day

A boastful woodsman named Jake was heard recanting a recent hunting trip to some buddies in the Rangers Rest.

"Yeah, you hear 'bout that bounty they put out? Five hundred stags for a pair of naga fangs. Legion boys, they'll just pay good men to do the work for them.

Now I ain't stupid. I ain't goin' out to track those sonsabitches down--I like my skin just fine, thanks! But luck would have it, see, I'm out huntin' hares when I come across one in the woods.

Weird lookin' thing--big snake body, bout eight or ten foot, with a scaley human face! Give me the willies. Damn near didn't see it 'till it moved.

So I says, Jake, be real still now. Get off one good shot and you're eatin' good for the month! I take aim, all quiet-like, and send my shot. Damn good shot, too. Dead on. But that damn snake whirled around quick as a cat and knocked it aside with its tail!

So here I am, starin' face-to-face with this snake thing. It's about thirty feet off in the woods. I says, Jake, you aught knock another arrow or you got trouble! I pull one more from my quiver, and the damn thing takes off. Slithers off into the woods!

I tell you, I thought I was done for. But hells, greed got the better of me. Ran after it a bit till I lost sight. But I look at my feet, you know what I see? Dead ones. More of 'em. Two little ones, good two feet shorter than the one I scared off. Couple of them lizard-dog things I hear about, too.

SoI says, Jake, this is your lucky day! Fuck, Legion don't know better. I pulls me out them fangs, and now I'm a thousand stags richer. In other words, drink up boys!"
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Dalrion, sitting in the back of the Ranger's Rest in the shadows smiles and thinks, "I could use some stags, arrows are very expensive."
    • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
    • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
    • Crom - Priest of Gorm
    Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Working...
    X