Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sestra Refuge Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sestra Refuge Camp

With the help of the Corsairs, Legion, and noble-intended adventurers, most of the citizens of Sestra were safely evacuated.

A camp has been set-up in Mirakus Post for those left without home. Military tents with bunk beds are set up wherever there is room, as the outpost takes on several hundred new citizens.

The Red Blades have doubled their patrols in Mirakus for security.
    (( Players of this faction can be part of this ))

The camp provides ample opportunity for do-gooders to provide food and help to the newly-homeless, but equal opportunity to thieves looking to nab a few unguarded treasures.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Constantine seeks out Cybil so that they and the temple of Ilmater can make a concerted effort to help the needy.

He also debates whether he should gather his friends and possibly conduct a reconnaissance in force into Sestra to find out the source of the trouble - what caused the lizards to expand out of their caves so rapidly.
    • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
    • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
    • Crom - Priest of Gorm
    Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Cybil looks at Constantine with wide eyes, still a bit wobbly from the fight with that... thing in the cave... Gods know how Cirion managed to drag two bodies out.

"No!. If anyone goes into Sestra, they do it with force. No mere reconnaissance mission. Leave the sleuthing to those who can hide when they need it, this is an enemy that will require a lot of planning to defeat. We should of course, help with the refugees as much as possible. We can seek out the High Adjudicators for more advice, but we can start by collecting necessities of life for those displaced from Sestra."
      Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
      Cybil Gelley (Retired)
      Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Constantine agrees with Cybil and turns to proceed to the temple where his gold is stored. "I think I may need a few stags in order to purchase some much needed supplies for the refugees. At least I can help in that direction."
        • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
        • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
        • Crom - Priest of Gorm
        Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Sarah can be seen walking patrols in the vicinity of the refuge camp, looking for troublemakers and Samantha is also roaming around, but inside the camp. Working hard to cheer the people up and help them where needed.
          Last edited by CorneliusVonRichten; 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM.
          sigpic
          Samantha Blake: *Sings a song about hope and sacrifice.*
          Funeral singer and armored Bard of Kelemvor.

Comment

The Corsairs, Sestra's local militia, are oft-seen and -heard throughout Mirakus. They have a proclensity for boasting and storytelling, willing to share the horrors and disappointments they endured in the loss of their beloved city. They gather in groups, and many of the delocated townsfolk gather nearby to revel in their stories.

There is talk the Corsairs are organizing an assault on Sestra. The Legion has stated they cannot carry out an assault until the grounds around Sundren City are firmly secure from any threat. So, the Corsairs are heard to be gathering volunteers.
            "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
            -Bill Maher

Comment

Kilinar, Steward of the Skullcleavers sends out a word to the cleavers about Sestra's dire condition, and seeks to rally enough kinsman to strike out with the legion/corsairs. The steward has also offered on behalf of the clan to provide armor of dwarven make for the most able of the corsairs.
              "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
              Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Orlin, still in shock from what he can only describe as a celestial shift in the perception of the natural web, tries to get a handle on this so as to aid his kin at this hour of need.

/// i will be out of town this w/e so i fear i will be mia ///

Comment

*shiv continues his dart throwing, and drinking at the half pint,until he hears some folks grumbling*

" 'ello chaps ya up for a round?...ya from were?..hmm.. a round of ale for these gents."

*takes a seat tossing a few coins to the bairmaid with a wink. She gets paid a few coins more then its worth and puts a selected mug infront of him.* (its been watered down, while the other gents get real ale).

"So...ya were say'n?"

(goal, learn what he can about the town, folk, invaders, etc. I figure would mean he atleast knows about sestra and that folks are displaced after an attack.).
                  blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                  Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                  I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Corvus walks through the refuge camp to get a feel of how the refugees are dealing with things. He also looks for Shifty to see if the Hin made it out of town. He listens to the Corsairs stories and even volunteers information on what he has seen in Sestra, since the Yuan-Ti and Slitherscale took over the town.
                    sigpic
                    Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Harik can be seen wandering around, listening to what some of the refugees have to say about the attack, then leaves going in Sestra's direction
                      LINK <-- This song scares me, make sure you have sound...

Comment

During the night a shadowy elven figure sneaks into the refuge camp and leaves several loaves of bread wrapped in parchment.

***Anyone unwrapping the bread will see the following on the parchment***
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

"Stop! Someone help me! Thief! Thief!," cried the middle-aged woman.

Surprised, a patrol of Corsairs turn around to respond. The squad leader speaks up. "What? Where's the cutpurse? Which way'd he go?"

"He's right next to you," exclaimed the exasperated woman. She pointed an accusatory finger at one of the militia men.

The man was tall and gallant-looking, but there was something about his eyes that unnerved his squad mates. He had a thick leather belt around his waste, holdling his scabbard at arm's length. Attached to the belt was a large leather sachel, the kind messengers use on horseback. And in this sachel, half-poking its head from the opening as though gasping for air, was a jewelry box.

"That's my grandmother's! I recognize it anywhere. Give it over, thief!," accused the woman.

The leader turned to his squadmate. "This true, Cuddy?"

"Beats me, Cap. Found this in Sestra after our last raid. The place looked abandoned," sneered Cuddy in response.

The squad leader frowned. "You have proof it's yours, ma'am?"

The lady scoffed. "Of course it's mine. Open it up, you'll find a silver ring with six yellow quartz. Should be a couple beaded necklaces in there... one of them is obsidian, I remember that much."

Cuddy gave a short, gruff snort. He pulled the box from the sachel and opened it slowly for all to see. "Looks empty to me, Cap. But hey, what do I care? It ain't mine. Here you go." Cuddy tossed the empty jewelry box to the woman.

The woman caught it and whimpered. Helpless to object, she decided to insult the man. "You thug. How dare you, after all we've been thr..."

"Now that's enough!," interupted the leader. "After all you been through? You? How many times you gone back into that city to fight for it? How many men you have to watch at your side fall to those snakes, huh? Your sacrifice is material. We lost six good men on the last raid. All for what? So you can get your jewels back? Lady, you got your box. Nothing more I can do. Now shut up and move along."

The woman was still angry, but there was little she could do to object. She knew he was right--they had risked their lives over and over in the name of their little town. She wrinkled her face, but scurried off with her jewelry box in tow.

The leader turned a scowl to Cuddy. "Ass," is all he said before they renewed their patrol.
                          -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                          X