Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sestra Overrun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sestra Overrun!

Reports come in within half-a-day's time--Sestra has been completely overrun by an army of naga, lizardmen, and yuan-ti.

Reports also tell of a giant snake man, neither naga nor yuan-ti, who led the army.

Luckily, the town was largely evacuated prior to the attack. Several militiamen and legionairres lost their lives holding the attackers back while the citizens escaped.

(IN OTHER NEWS)
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Barely making it out alive and leaving a dark-red -nearly black- blood trail behind him, Cirion made it out of the caves near Sestra. Though he was barely able to leave alive even with the aid of several teleportation scrolls and invisibility potions -carrying large amounts as he always tried to travel prepared for the worst. Even then, he didn't expect to be chased out by an army of lizard-men, Yuan-ti, and Naga.

Cirion, Cybil, Elric, and Yashia went into those caves, though only the two men came limping out and the burden of carrying two bodies was on Cirion's shoulders. Under "normal" conditions Cirion wouldn't be able to carry two bodies while this heavily wounded but his own physical "condition" wasn't normal. Body wrack by his curse, having weakened him but then filling him with this new "cold" energy to push on. His body numb to a portion of the pain and allowing him to press further than normal. Kept going even while he watched the militia and legionnaires dying to hold back the threat. Cirion knew he couldn't stay to help them, especially in his condition, and so he kept pressing on.

Pain not felt but damage still being done to his body, regardless he traveled on foot towards the Temple of Helm -of Sundren City- to have the two women checked on. It was a long road to walk but more than paid off in the end as the Abbot had brought the two women back to a healthier state.

Comment

Yashia, one among the select few volunteers assisting in giving the people of Sestra a chance to escape with their lives, is left somewhat in a haze after the events. Confused and unsure what exactly happened, she tries her best to explain a few listening to the rumor mongerers what she remembers.

"It was so strange.. The nice town had suddenly become much warmer. Not the comfortable kind of warm, but unpleasantly hot. At least if you are trying to think clearly and accomplish something. It would have been sort of nice for a steam bath..."

A smile briefly takes a hold of her face, but she soon shakes it off to get back to reality.

"Anyway, it all seemed to come from those caves. The ones the lizardmen have lived in for as long as anyone can remember. The air in there seemed to be filled with water vapor. Those strange crystals might have had something to do with it, I don't know. They had this odd, tingling aura about them that I can't quite describe. I never saw them before in previous times I was there, so they must have been uncovered by the Exigo's mining operations for that valuable 'zinc'-mineral they were digging up."

She sighs a little, though she keeps to herself the thought that the leading trade corporation's greed may well have sped up this foreign enemy's advances.

"We went inside there to look for a few people who had gone missing from the town, but what we found instead were the scaly inhabitants trying to fend us off. They must eventually have been successful at that. I don't quite remember what happened. We busted through a door after following the only human tracks we could find, and then it just all turned black. The ones I was with said something about this gigantic snake-man overwhelming us completely. We never stood a chance, but by the grace of the gods Cirion and another man managed to get us out with our lives."

"I regret to think that those other poor souls were not so blessed. And all that for -"
      Yashia cuts herself off and tilts her head up, gazes to the sky and looks overall mournful for a few moments. "Their children... I pray they will be alright."

Comment

After hearing that Sestra has been overrun by Slitherscale and Yuan-Ti, Corvus makes his way there to scout out the situation. Once he arrives he sees a human woman and a wolf entering the town. He follows them from a distance, while trying to remain unseen. The woman engages a Yuan-Ti, only to discover that another Yuan-Ti was hiding behind a cottage. The wolf falls and then the woman is shrunk to the size of a Hin and somehow Corvus was caught up in the magics and was also shrunk. Seeing that this is no place for a someone to come alone, Corvus heads back outside the Sestran gates and to the Exigo Trading Post. Thus, leaving the woman to her own fate.
        sigpic
        Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

The area both of and around Sestra is now being closely monitored by the legionairres and a selection of the local guards from the town. No names have yet to be given of the injured or dead, but it has been advised to not enter the area until further notice has been given by the Sergeants.
          Originally posted by Lollercide
          Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Working...
          X