Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Necromancer Journal of Arlock Starwind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necromancer Journal of Arlock Starwind

sundren day 1:
    After arriving in a small port town in sundren I have decided to see it's capital city in hopes of finding honest work. I do not know if my skills or choice of my beliefs is going to be accepted. If not so be it I will still do what I can to make my way into power.
    Arlock sStarwinds - Death is but a door, Life is but a window, I will be back. -Deceased

Gravekeeper - I've seen some strange things but you sir, take the cake.

sundren day2:
    Deacon a thief not bad of a fighter but could use a little less salt. Little sharp around the edges but alright. Traveled through some hill today, goblins were a minor resistance. The real problem is the constant clergy. A palidin of Helm and another Paladin whose Deity I did not know. Also a funny little short guy with a big dinosaur and fair with a blade.

The chief goblin still eludes capture. I have run out of bounties for the lesser goblins. So I am moving on to the Sundren City tomorrow. I hear the storm draining system has an infestation of Lizardmen and other unwanted pests.

Study of research note: Still havent recieved permit to conduct Necromatic Animation of Undeath.

Must avoid confrontation if possible it seems some dieties remain unchecked. Hopefully mine will not need the watchful Helm looking in his direction. I will check the registration weekly for any change.
    Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 03:37 AM.
    Arlock sStarwinds - Death is but a door, Life is but a window, I will be back. -Deceased

Comment

Sundren Day 4:
      After serious deliberation I have decided to study the use of dead goblin flesh.. This will require the death of many goblins. Because I can onle remove their ears to avoid suspicion. On that note I did manage to make my FIRST succselful reanimated corpse. A mere skeleton, although i do feel bad I still havent recieved word of my permit. My studies were so solid though and I was able to avoid detection.(almost)

Only two witnesses, a fellow adventurer who dident relly follow the law either and a fellow researcher. Though I think she was more concerned with (live) specimens. Barly noticed me, she then after fled the area to search out a bodyguard my hopes she never finds one she might have had noticed me. If she did then I might be facing the gallows. Would have killed her myself to be assured but there was still the other I do not think I could had taken both by myself.

I destroyed the evidence of the corpse aside from a feint trace of dark magic. The area is littered with it, would take a true master to identify it with the cavern so close. I was able to find a secret chamber full of some sort of undead I am unfamiar with. Almost a pitty to destroy them but it was unavoidable. (sadly)

I will be trying to continue my studies with my re-animation as soon as I get my permit. If not I will surly have to be more careful in the future. If the need for a servent becomes to great I might not have the willpower to avoid using them again.

(side note) I have found a stash of cold iron ingots apparently the goblins found a vein in their cave. (funny I was only able to find sundrite) perhaps they mined it out or brought it with them when they came either way I now have possesion of it. I think I will turn them into weapons for any chance I run into demons in my travels..
      Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Sundren day 5:
        not much new to report I have begun gaining some talents as a wizard. I have recently begun making cold iron weapons. The first of witch was a longsword. (very crude) but passable, I think I will possible give away to some fool to make them think I am friendly to them. PpossiblY that foolish girl I met today in the hills.

I saw Marsai again, still hasent found her life-partner but she is hopeful as ever. Also traveling with an elderly wizard. Not very well versed in the art but enuf to acompany I think he was trying to have one last (adventure). In any case I have supplied myself with materials for making undead servents but I will not make them (if at all possible) until I get my permit. I do want to stay on the good side of the law. Although I still do have to defend myself at all costs.

Only a single side note today: I have decided to run one more test on reanimation befor fully deciding to doing it. I still require bones from human or humanoid creatures maybe the gnolls can assist me on that.
        Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Sundren day 7:
          I have even more samples than I would have needed ever (goblin, zombie, gnoll, even some stray animals parts) I could just die. Bad choice of words. With all these susicions around latly. I think I have been to aloof when dealing with common people. I may have even gotten the attention to some clergy or knights I was not sure. I relly not about to stay and find out I was so nervous though I think they knew I was not telling the truth.

If I am caught I will go down fighting I have not broken the law blindly. Maybe I might have skimmed around the edges. Maybe bended it. Never down right broke it. Maybe I have, Maybe I have gone to far without A permit. Perhaps I should halt research for a few days. No I won't stop, I can't i'm so close to animating a full skeleton without help from dusty pages of a scroll. I need more time, just a little more time.

I was also able to visit the enclave today. Rather uniqe place of power and learning I felt the very air vibrate with energy with so many mages around I knew it was'nt going to be long before my mind was invaded. i could feel the guards scratching at the door to my mind even as I entered. I'm not sure if they could see what I was thinking maybe they did but knew I meant no harm to them, maybe they did'nt, only tried and gave up knowing I would do anything to protect my research. Possibly hurting someone to get away.

I hope this book never finds it's way into the hands of another. I will always have to keep it close especially now. All the fuss about necromancers being currupt and evil. Evil yes currupt no, maybe some of us. Then again not all of us are talented. It chills me to think of what they would do to me or my precious tombs of my findings, all my research gone in a single roast. No I won't let that happen it will NEVER happen. I will continue my goal to become the unliving, the Lich.
          Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Sundren day 9:
            An attack on the guard posts in the woods west of Sundren City, Viradale. Notes on Attack: snakelike or reptiliac tackers most persumed to be Yaun-Ti either accompanied by or controled by a large Thirty-Fourty reptile/dinosaur that was later killed. Could not find attackers but did find. One Legionair scout. Two soldiers, body was found trapped with an Alarm spell could not be identified in time before setting off.

Two percautions were then suggested. One: The attackers trapped the body knowing that a large force would leave the gaurd house to counter strike. Two: The attackers trapped the body to ensure they would not be caught off gaurd, to either escape or build up fortifications. sense we never found any Yuan-Ti or even so much as a large cobolt I assume they escaped. Odd ruins were also discovered in the search. We tried brute force, magic, and had a lock smith. All were unable to open it, most suspiciuos.

Side note: Met A hooded gentleman who told me about Valsherite lore. Apparently, A man by the name Harik Krows came to Sundren under Valsharoon's name. For changing his beliefs he was condemmed. Gnoll parlay unsucessful. Hunt for Yuan-Ti/Slitherscale will resume when more evidence comes to light. P.S. (demons/devils spotted in Sundren -written in infernal-)
            Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Sundren Day 11:
              I have decided to make another attemp to Parley with the Gnolls of viridian forest. This attemp will take place within the next two days. I know any possiblity of catching those escaped lizerd attacks is probably not going to happen but, i may find out a little on whats been happing around the forest the last decades.

See if the gnolls are going to help us in making new trade routes. Surely they are not so blind to see that not all of us want them dead. they make far better slaves than fertaliser. So i am going in the name of Thay to see if trade can be essablished. I will take a sum of up to ten-thousand gold as tribute to good ties if they agree.

P.S. Should i not return i will destoy my diary upon capture and leve all my other worldly belongings to my remaining family.
              Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Sundren day 12:
                Well alot has happened I guess I whould make a copy of it here. It might be all I have for a whiel. It started when I went to Viridian forest to conduct my atemp to parley. I found a group of people gathered around a young woman, crying and begging for death. I couldent just let this go so I decided to end her suffering.

How much cost is it to do the right things sometimes. Well in any case the end result was I get to go to court for my life. I have no fear I have let out my darkest of secrets. I told someone of my intent to Lichdom, yes I wrote Lichdom. Now all I need to do is get that permit passed and I can conduct my research in peace. maybe the Necropolic?

Well dosent matter if it dosetn get passed i'm as good as dead. For sure those Red Blade basterds will send bounty hunters or guard patrols to hound my every step. Not to mention the endless waves of Zealots coming to "clense,renew,save me" whatever I know who and what I am. Question is are they happy?

I may have intentions of controling alot of Sundren one day but not TODAY and certinly not tommarow. soon, very soon.
                Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-15-2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Sundren day 15:

Still awaiting trial. no news but bad on the permit.. i may have to do the worst thing i can imagin.. go rouge. i do hope it won't come to that. i like this city and it's splendor.. maybe i can set a base in a nearby town and work on projects there.. yes thats what i'll do but only if the permit dosent go though.

An amazing discovery, a gentalman by the name of Harik AKA Azgol is a very uniqe entity. a true wonder by the gods.. peticularly my own. a Vial of blood and a sample of the completly incredible parasite.. i've.. never seen anything like it.. heat cold shock.. it seems not only to resist it but some ho wsurvive from feeding off it..

maybe it sucks the very spiritual power from the elements them selves.. i want to try a minor version of destroy undead on it.. see if it has an effect.. (pause) yes yes. it does but the blood seems to die from the effect as well. is the parasite keeping harik alive? or is harik.. no couldent be..

is harik still alive only because of my god or is my god so vengful as to punish one for all time?.. my what wonders.. this is a true curse indeed. such a creature in exsistence is surly baffling. so many questions when i started now that i am this far there are only more. and more.

Azgol what is your fate.. i fear you may have never exsisted.. maybe you always have? perhaps a little of both? I do truly hope ... condemmed or not this poor creature finds rest one day. until further study is done i recomend for Harik that he have a Daily constitution of holy water and angle food cake three square meals a day.

((OOC for those who want a more in-depth version of this story please read this WALL OF TEXT RAWR---))

Alchmical lab militay distict-

test one - basic elements. i am exposing one-fourt of the vial to multible tests based on various weather and chemical changes to see if it possible to break down the substance of the parasite- IE - fire / cold / eletrical / Sound / acid / poisons/

test results for fire cold and eletrical. it seems the simian substance feeds on most if not all the enegy i toss into it. but it seems to have somewhat of a limit. it is being hurt but still takes it in.. is it not designed to feed of other sould than hariks.

test results sound. vial cracked but other was pre-prepaired in cased of damage. no change whatsoever.

tests result acid poisen. the acid i mixed in with half of the remaining fourth seemed to have serious negative effects on the blood but nothing on the dark substance belived to be the parasite.. odd. poisen however had Barly effect at all. blood seemed to distort but simian seemed only irritated at best.

Test results Destroy undead. Wow major reaction but then again this IS VALSHAROON. is the god himself a small part of this creature. is he working directly though it? odd so very odd. but worse the blood .. i used another fourth of the vial for this experiment. seems odd that the blood from this test is completly.. dead.. no activity at all . nothing no movement no reaction at all after test.. not even when i poured in a curative..

this leaves many questions to rise and develope. is Herik/Azgol undead? is he only still alive Because of the parasite did the parasite kill him completly upon it's death.. is hariks fate tied to it.. final test.. one i do not relly want to try.. a merging of my own sample to it.. Azgol said it was stricktly designed for harik and noone else.. so what would the parasite do to my blood if it had contact. (seperats a single few drops of the black chemical and drops it into a vial of fresh blood.) there. now all i have to is wait i am writing this as i whatch the vial.. there there seems to be a reaction yes yes.. ( the line turns illegable and blood dots the page. ) this .. is impossibe. i'm ending this test now.

Poor azgol.. i relly dident find out anything for you i'm sorry. only one-fourth left.. the rest is nutralized in a seperate bottle marked (PROPER DISPOSAL). the truth may be worse than any lie i could ever give you. maybe it's best if you never find out what this parasite did to you.. maybe you already know.. poor Azgol. poor Harik.. (END TEST)

Comment

Sundren day 21:
                    I had forgoten to make a journal entry for the last few days but there relly hasent been much exsitement aside from a few dishearting conversations a smelly forest camp and a very stupid orc.

There is but one thing I can do now to show my sincerity to the law enforcers. To show them I mean buisness and to do that, I'LL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING THAT WOULD GET ME THE GUILITEEN IN THAY. HUNT DOWN AND KILL NECROMANCERS AT THEIR SOURCE.

Comment

Sundren day 25:

This will be my Final Journal Entry. I have possibly destroyed my good standing with the law I will do all everything possible to claim innocent and avoid banishment.

I'm unsure if it will work, it was dark and my invisability was only down for a few seconds when I wasent even looking at the pursuers. My only chance is to submit evidence to my good will. Surly they have heard of the werewolf incident. That might prove just as destructive as useful.

The Whatch never liked me much and I don't even know why I did it.
                      The law is an enemy for now. Until then I will follow the Laws that are true in my mind as they are in Valsharoons.

I saved the life of two worshipers of bane. Harik and a gentelman Who's name I don't know. They were subdued by Peridan a Legionair with a chip on his sholder.

I was able to elude capture with a inviability spell. Later when a squad of Legion soldiers with an executioner came along I could not leave them to die. Unnoticed I sliped a potion into both of their mouths then casted inviability on them both and we escaped.

I deserve death by law but now I follow a new law. My own! There is nothing holding me back from my studies now as long as they are conducted on thayen soil. The enclave will do as a home for now especially if I am able to convince them of my worth to be A Red Wizard.

My allies in the Church Of Bane hopefuly Spread the word of my Latest actions and see fit to allow me in their ranks aside from me being a worshiper of valsharoon. With any luck we will forge a strong army and crush the fools who dare call me an enemy.

Tommarow may bring much blood and death. There is no escaping the fact that sooner or later my crimes will catch up with me. With time running short my studies on Lichdom will have to be doubled.

The followers of Bane are my only hope now. Soon I might be able to get permission from the Thayens to be a Red Wizard. That might help speed up the process.

*With the final entry being writen down Arlock throws the book into a fire and whatches it burn*

Now no evidence can be found of my crimes. They will have to pull them from my cold dead corpse.
                      Last edited by Arlock Starwind; 02-17-2009, 06:03 AM.

Comment

-Deceased

Comment

A new Sunset.

A dusty book sits aloft on a cluttered shelf lost in the bowels of the watchmen cellar. a diary of madness and dismay. filed forever as the ramblings of a foolish necromancer. The last few pages scattered and torn with unfinished sentences and blasphemis words of the holy gods. never to be seen and soon to be destroyed. there are no roads home for the lawless. there is no hope for for the dis-hearted. and soon there will be no rest for the dead.

-Prayer of Arlock the lost soul. may he never rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                          X