Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ceremony

She looked down at her dress. “I know a few people that would probably object to me wearing this colour, on a day like this.” The one in front of her told her nonsense, this was still a special day and she was doing the right thing. Cybil smiled and nodded. “It’s been a year or so since I saw him again, you’re right. He’s been a rock through all the ups and downs. This is just as much a day for him as it is for me.” She straightened out some wrinkles. She didn’t know where that little girl was that sold her the flowers, now pressed and preserved, except the Lily of the Valley, pinned to her chest. She took a deep breath and walked into the chapel of the Triumvirate.

She saw him, standing in front of the three statues. Tyr, Torm and Ilmater, looking down on him, almost making sure he was good enough to marry her; fatherly in their demeanour. She walked slowly toward him, no music played, except in her own head, he looked at her, and she blushed. The Broken One, in more formal attire, stood between him and the statues, waiting for the ceremony, simple and concise, to begin. She walked up and stood beside him, and took his hand, looking slightly down, into his eyes as he looked at her. She didn’t know what he was thinking, but she knew she was happy, taking steps in the right direction again. She probably still was an unwed mother, and even in the beginning, he didn’t care about whose child it was, he would have raised it as his own. If the boy was hers, then it was in the hands of someone that was purely evil. One way or another, they would find a way to liberate him, and save his soul.

She took a deep breath and held his left hand. She had told him the usual human customs, about rings and such. He had given her a ring a long time ago, and she had given it to him again for this day, and she had one for him as well. They knelt, and received the blessings of the triad, before they said their vows.
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

vow from a woman to a man

“Before the Triad, I pledge to you, Ru’umel Amkiir, that I will respect and listen to your council; I will love you, until the day that the gods see fit to take me from this world; I will cherish you, and hold you close when you are near, and when you are away; you have been my guiding light these last few months, by my side, putting up with all that I have been through, and suffered in quiet and solemn caring along with me. You are my anchor, and I am thankful for all that you have given me, and I promise that I will not turn my back on you from now until the day that the world takes me from you. Together we will face the strife, and together we will come through stronger as a team. I love you, and this I do vow.”

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

A Ceremony...

He stood in the chapel of the Triumvirate, in front of the statues, not really nervous, but anxious and excitied. He was simply dressed in his finest elven woodland tunic and leather breaches with a new cloak that Ru's uncle, Fae'joun, sent for this occasion. He wished he had something more elaborate to wear, but alas, his possesions were few and simple. So, a simple ceremony suited him just fine, in fact it was better. He held the ring he had given to her as a promise, some time ago as was the custom, and he awaited the moment he could place it on her finger again.

As she entered the room she stole all wandering thoughts from Ru', he could only see how beautiful she was, how stunningly beautiful she was. Time seemed to slow when she took his hand and looked into his eyes, he managed a hearty smile, and a wink, and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. All he could think about was how much he cared for her and he wanted her to be happy. Their future lay ahead of them, and Ru' was ready to face it, together.

He knelt next to her in front of the the Broken One and listened...
      Ru'umel Amakiir - Ranger of the Corps de Grace
      Will Smither - Imbuer of some, Master of None...
      Zelom Silverstar - Evangelistic singing elf
      Originally posted by Machiavelli
      "What in hells are you doin' with my chicken?"

Comment

A vow from a Tel' Quessir to a woman

After hearing Cybil's vow, Ru' smiles and in a gentle tone reponds to her,

And I pledge to you, my dear Cybil Gelley, all that I am, all that I can give, from this day forward, until death parts us. I will guide you, and be guided by you; love you and be loved by you; honor you and be honored by you; and be steadfast by your side to whatever ends we face. When we are apart I will long for you, and when we are together I will cherish each moment fully. You are my light in this ever darkening world. Together we will be stronger, together we shall face...” He pauses looking for the right words. “Life.”

I love you, and this I do vow.”
        Ru'umel Amakiir - Ranger of the Corps de Grace
        Will Smither - Imbuer of some, Master of None...
        Zelom Silverstar - Evangelistic singing elf
        Originally posted by Machiavelli
        "What in hells are you doin' with my chicken?"

Comment

The Ring

She held his hand, and slipped her ring onto his slender, but strong, elven finger, and she looked up at him, and smiled. Wedded now; She had once told Melchior that she would not wed, just for the sake of the children; she had been rash in her words. She was married now, and happy for it. This was a man she loved deeply, whom she cared for and whom she would fight for, and along side. Now she was ready to begin anew with the Triumvirate. She expected the tests that would follow to be difficult; she needed to know how far her abilities and knowledge would protect those around her – protect the people of the valley, comfort them, ease their suffering and pain.

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Working...
          X