Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stories of a Paladin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories of a Paladin

The Call

Three weeks has passed after her brother’s death. She was sleeping, she was in peace, she was dreaming, a dream that she would like to stay forever if she could. Where she was? Where is she? Who is this man standing there watching the sun raise? Who is this girl in that red and white armor by his side? It’s like the wind was trying to whisper something to her, something she couldn’t hear but she could feel. “Go after them”.

They moved, they walked around a lake, and then they stopped by a tree. The man signed with his hand as the girl smiled. “Come over”. That was what she understood, so she walked, she was approaching slowly as the image of the man turned clearer. She smiled, it was him. But who is the girl? Light blue eyes, long dark hair, bright smile, shiny and wonderful armor.

“You look great, lady.” The man smiled.

“I look pretty much like you, sir.” She smiled back.

“You grew so much these days; you are not the little girl I have met in my days, not anymore.”

“I miss you…” She cried.

“Fear not, she will not turn her back at you, you must go back and bring her light with you. My task is done, I’ve done all I could, all I had to do, and now you are safe.” He wiped her tears with his hands.

“That’s not fair, it’s all my fault! Please forgive me, if I could I would die in your place!” She hugged him.

“Don’t say that. I am happy here, I am happy of what I did, and I did it for you and in her name, I am happy, I am in peace. Now it’s your turn to fight, fight for the good.” He released her from the hug.

The girl in armor just gave her a nod, without a word.

“Aye, I will do it.”

“Good, go back then, feel her light and show it to the others. Feel her, she wants you to do so, she trusts you, and I trust you as well. Now go little sister, and if you feel alone, remember, I will always be here.” He smiled a warm smile which gave her strength before he faded away.

“I PROMISE!” She screamed, it was a scream full with passion and loyalty.

“Your brother was a great man, Andy.” The girl then spoke, her voice sounded peaceful, so peaceful that Andy could feel it from outside to her bones and then to her soul.

Lane…” Said Andy with a weak and sad voice.

“I know it’s painful for you, but you must let it go, he is safe now, no one can harm him anymore, and now it’s your turn to fight, to fight in her name.”

“I know, I will! For The Glory of The Red Knight! I will!” Andy spoke with passion, her right fist closed.

“Go now, child, that’s your call.” The Red Knight Avatar then smiled once more to slowly fade away.

Andy woke up a little bit troubled, she needed a few seconds to recover herself. She jumped off the bed and ran to her mother’s room.

“Let’s go mother! I must go back and I want you to come with me!”

==================

\\ Hope I'm not breaking the rules with this one, since it is a dream \\
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

The Arrival

They have arrived; mother and daughter stepped out of the ship together. Andy had flashes inside her mind, she knew the place, she felt pain and placed her hand over her head, it was hurting her, not physically of course, but making her head spin.

“Andy. Dear? Is everything alright?” Marees stared at her daughter very much worried.

“Aye, mother, I’m fine, come on, let’s find a place to stay.” Andy gave her mother a pretty smile to show her that there was nothing to worry about.

The rain was falling upon the Port Avanthyr as usual, Andy and Marees made their way through the place asking for directions once Andy couldn’t remember how to travel around the lands of Sundren.

On their way, they have met with people who were in need of help, a good chance for Andy to start what she have promised to her brother in her dream. She did help everybody who asked for help and threw some blessings over the folks in the name of The Red Knight. She smiled and whispered to herself. “In honor of your memories”.

The rain stopped for a while, but it made no difference for Andy, it couldn’t bother her since her brother has gone, so she kept on her way along with her mother like if nothing have really happened, and, finally they were able to get information of how to travel to Sundren and find a place to stay.

Once in Sundren, they were in front of the Four Lanterns Inn, Andy remembered of the place when she spotted it and all around, but her mother was who spoke first.

“Seems we have found an inn, dear, want to check it out?”

“I already know this place, mother, it’s nice, but not the best. We can find some other place to give you more comfort.”

“Don’t be silly, girl, I was a soldier in the past, you know that. Do you think I care of comfort?” Marees smiled kindly

“Aye, you are right. Fine by me, then.” Andy smiled back.

“You’ve changed…”

“Huh?” Andy gave her mother a puzzled look.

“You are acting like your brother lately, which means you are a good person. I’m glad to be here with you, dear. I couldn’t handle this situation without you by my side” Marees gave a hug on her daughter.

“Aye, it’s like part of him lives in my heart, mother.” Andy kissed her mother on her face.

“Now go, I know you have things to care about.” Marees stepped inside the inn as Andy took her way to the Mirakus Post, like if her heart was guiding her.

Once in front of the temple of The Red Knight, Andy looked at the structure up and down. Wearing a red armor, a shield which was hanging on her back with the emblem of her deity painted on it and a bastard sword locked on her leather belt, she stepped inside as she gave a nod to the guard at the entrance.

Inside the temple, many soldiers and paladins of The Red Blades were doing their duties. She took a deep breath and smiled. “It feels like home…”. So she walked through the temple looking for the one who was in charge.

“Greetings and well met, sir. I’m Andy Majer” She kneeled down “Please, allow me to serve the temple, in the name of The Red Knight.”

Comment

The Trial

"Why do you believe that you are worthy to join in the Red Blades?"

Inside the Red Knight temple at the Mirakus Post, a young girl who appeared to be on her 20's was kneeling down before the paladin in charge.

"Because I will do whatever it takes to prove myself worthy all in the name of the Red Knight"

"The trial to become one of us is not easy, are you sure of what you are saying?"

"I would even die for it if was needed, though I must say it is not on my plans to die."

The man stared at her as she was kneeling down, then a chuckle could be heard from him when he stoped his gaze at the blade locked on her leather belt.

"I can see that is not your plan to die. Let me see your blade."

She unseathed her bastard sword and offered him with both of her hands.

"You came and brought a superiour weapon, once you must prove yourself at first with a simply blade then to be allowed to use a better one."

"I had military training, sir, I fight better with this kind of sword. However, if you show me the path I must take, I promise with all my heart and my soul that I shall walk on this way in Her name and prove myself worthy."

The girl stared into the paladin's eyes, but it was not a challange look, it was showing respect istead.

"Very well. You will have to forge three blades, all of them made by cold iron which is our favored material. The blades must be; one of short kind, a longsword and then you may forge a gratesword or a bastard one. You will now be using the short blade to fight until you prove yourself good enough with this kind of weapon. If you succeed you can pass to the longsword and then you may use a superiour weapon." The man then made a pause to stare at her for a few seconds in silence. "You will have to do it on your own. You must find some cold iron and forge the short blade at first, the blade must be enchanted with a minor enchantment. You can find someone to craft the blades though."

"If this is what I need to do, then I shall be on my way."

Those who saw the scene realised how the words that came throught the girl sounded with passion.

"The goblins may have some cold iron of good quality in the cave at the Sharahan Hills. Now raise and return once you have the blade ready, this is your first task to prove yourself worthy of the Red Blades. If you succeed, then we may see if you can join us as an Initiate."

Andy got back on her feet and gave the paladin a nod, she turned around and took her way outside the temple.
      Last edited by Lanemeyer; 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

\\ I was thinking about the last post I made here and I realised that I didn't like so much, so I changed turning it more like a conversation. The NPC has been animated by a DM, I just wrote the short version of how things happened.\\

Comment

First Blade

“Fall before the Red Knight!” The scream echoed through the cave.

“Bow to the Black Hand!” The man wearing a black armor responded to the girl and ran back to his position.

Andy marched through the last corner of the cave to reach the main room with her two companions who were following her since when she left the Red Knight temple. Sytai, the moon elf, had his bow ready all the time. One arrow was fired and another one was ready to be fired. Not to mention Collis, the man who claimed to be another follower of the Red Knight, also proved himself by leaving many dead goblins behind.

The word chaos could describe exactly what was happening in the last room inside the cave at the Sharahan Hills. The Yain-Ti was there, fighting the goblins by the exit cave through the water, two giant snakes. Why they were there?

Andy charged against the man wearing the black armor, who not lasted long. Sytai and Collis engaged some goblins who were not so easy to be defeated and the biggest goblin who appeared to be the goblin chief helped the others from his tribe against the big snakes.

Noise of swords cutting skins, arrows piercing the bodies. Death screams from the goblins could be heard from a long distance until one by one they were silenced. One of those big snakes suddenly had Collis grabbed on its mouth and in the same time, it hit Sytai with its tail making him fly to crash against the wall then to fall unconscious on the ground. Collis stopped breathing after released, his blood still flowing through. The other snake attacked the big goblin while Andy ran to engage the snake that took her companions off the battle just after she defeated a couple of goblins. After a few, the snakes finally fell, and Andy and the big goblin found themselves alone in the cave.

The goblin screamed in anger and ran to hit Andy, but she managed to block the hit with her shield and attacked back. Unfortunately, the goblin was ready to block her attack as well. This battle took much time, and both of them were already panting hard. The young paladin wouldn’t handle too much more inside the cave if wasn’t for a second that the goblin left his guard down, and Andy knocked him down with her shield to cut his head off when he was on the ground, after that she fell on her kneels to catch her breath.

She couldn’t wait too much, by this time, reinforcements were probably on their way already. So, she walked to Sytai and placed her hand near his chest, she invoked the divine power from her Goddess as her hand glowed in blue and the moon elf then woke up coughing a bit of blood. Sytai and Andy looted the corpse of the goblin chief, Andy finally found what she was looking for, she took some cold iron ingots and kept it in her backpack, and then she took Collis over her shoulder to walk outside the cave with the moon elf. One second after leaving the cave they heard the screams from the goblin reinforcements. Thankfully, they escaped and took their way to Sundren City.

“By Helm! What happened?” Inside the temple of Helm at the Trade Tier in Sundren City, the Abbot glanced worried at Collis who was lying lifeless on the ground. He nodded as Andy explained what has happened and he took Collis back to life after Andy paid for his resurrection. She felt responsible for all the happenings.

“Thank you for your aid. Now I must take my way and get my task done.” Andy said goodbye to Sytai and Collis and took her way to the Exigo Trading Post. When she got there, people were chatting by the campfire as usual, caravans and merchants coming and going to all directions, the Exigo guards always vigilant keeping the place safe. Andy spotted the one she was looking for.

“Cirion, I need a favor.” She couldn’t craft a sword on her own, she wasn’t a blacksmith after all, so, she asked Cirion to help and both of them ended inside the Unstoppable Forces back in Sundren City.

Cirion guided her in the crafting of the cold iron short blade only interfering when a critical mistake was about to happen. After the blade got made, Andy held it and made a few hits on the air.

“Thank you, Cirion! Now I must find Cybil.” She took her way back to the Exigo Trading Post with Cirion to meet with Cybil.

“Miss Cybil, I need a minor enchantment on this blade.” She said.

Cybil told Andy to meet her in the Temple of Oghma and left. Andy took her way back to the Trade Tier in Sundren City once more and watched Cybil enchanting the blade as she was speaking words that Andy couldn’t understand. The blade was ready.

“Thank you, Cybil.” Andy paid and said goodbye to Cybil, she took her way to the Four Lanterns Inn to take care of her wounds and tell her mother about the last happenings. She would go back to the Red Knight Temple at the Mirakus Post in the next day.

“Wake up dear, you don’t want to be late.” Marees was sitting on Andy’s bed next to her, she was stroking her hair lightly and gave her daughter a smile when she opened her eyes.

“Good morning, mother.” Andy smiled back and raised from her bed, she dressed her armor and locked her blades on her leather belt. She didn’t have breakfast this morning and took her way straight to the Mirakus Post.

“I brought the first blade as you have told me to do, sir” She was kneeling down before the paladin who gave her the task and offered him the short blade with her both hands.

“It’s a fine blade indeed, well crafted and it’s enchanted as it was supposed to be.” The paladin hit the air a few times, he nodded at the girl and gave her blade back. “Very well, you have done what has been asked. I see your words were true. Go upstairs, your instructor is waiting.”
          Last edited by Lanemeyer; 01-16-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Well Done!

She stared at the man. He was wearing a red light armor with the emblem of the Red Blades on his sleeves. She noticed he wasn’t the strong type, though he had a few scars and seemed rather skilled. She knew he was skilled enough to defeat her in seconds; he was her first instructor after all.

“Andy Majer, reporting for duty, sir!” She said firmly.

“Why ya think ya should join us?” He stared at her like if she was another damn bloody kid trying to be a hero with no future. “Great. Another fool that thinks will be capable.” He thought.

“There is no place for me in the world but to serve the Red Knight and join the Red Blades, sir!”

“Yeah, right…” He looked at her with certain disdain. “How would ya make me fall? And don’t come with that shit about ya would even die if needed. To be alive is the real challenge.”

“Well,” she examined him up and down “I would probably fail, once you are my instructor, perhaps my skills would not be good enough to such task. But if I really would have to, I would fight defensively until you get tired enough to knock you down with my technique.” She looked at him with respect.

“Yeah, yeah right… Guess what? This is exactly what ya have to do.”

“If this is what is needed, I shall do my best, then.” She wasn’t afraid at all.

“Meet me at the Viridale Forest Border, we will need more space.” The man was already leaving as he said his last words.

Andy passed through the Border Camp; the Legionaries were doing their usual duties to keep the forest creatures inside the forest. Her instructor was already there waiting for her. And also, she spotted one of her friends, Mithrilia, a woman who fought a few times side by side with Andy since she has arrived to Sundren, and for some reason, she was standing there, probably about to go on a hunt.

“Hello Mithrilia.”

“Andy.” The woman wearing a blue full plate nodded firmly at the young paladin.

Both of them had their attention on the Red Blade Instructor then.

“The deal is: I’ll go further inside the forest, ya gotta find me before the sunset and knock me down. Count until 500 and go. If the night falls ya failed.” He glanced at Mithrilia for a few seconds to proceed “Ya gotta do it only on your own, she can come along with ya though, and ya gotta do it with your new sword. Yeah, your short blade. Ya won’t be using your big sword so soon. Any questions? Good!” He didn’t even give her the chance to respond and left.

“498,.. 499,.. 500.”

Mithrilia and Andy took their way inside the forest. Andy asked Mithrilia to not interfere once she was supposed to get the task done only on her own. Mithrilia respected her decision indeed.

The forest at first was calm and cold. Andy was expecting resistance, in fact, she was waiting for some trick coming from her instructor, but she saw four giant spiders on the wooden bridge from a certain distance instead of a simply trick. She made good use of her sense of strategy. First, she drank a barskin potion to make her defenses stronger with the nature’s power, and then she called a blessing from her Goddess upon herself and another blessing for her blade.

One of the spiders fell when it got hit by a throwing axe from Andy. It has not died, but it was already out of the battle. The other three went for Andy. She managed to knockdown one of them to engage the other two leaving the first spider behind. A few swings with the short blade and both spiders were already dead. Now was the turn of the spider that Andy left behind. Andy didn’t have enough time to turn herself to block its attack and got hit, but thankfully, just a scratch. With a fast move, Andy raised her blade up and brought it down with all her strength. The last spider fell lifeless. Mithrilia just watched.

They proceeded. The two women crossed the bridge and for their surprise, more four giant spiders were about. Andy used the same strategy and won the battle, but she had a few more scratches, and now she was injured.

Now, the real problem. As both women proceeded in going further inside the forest, they spotted Andy’s instructor stuck in an amount of spider web, and not a giant, but a huge spider was slowly walking to him. Mithrilia realized that the things got out of the man’s control and she got ready to engage. Andy was by her side, as ready as she would be with her injuries. Mithrilia asked Andy what she was planning.

“I must find a way to get him out of there!” Andy approached to the scene fearing for her instructor safety.

“Don’t even think of getting closer! Get distance! NOW!” The man screamed to Andy as she stepped back, and he got his attention back on the huge spider. “Closer! Yeah, come closer ya stinky damn bloody spider!”

The Red Blade Instructor threw a small flask with an orange liquid on the ground when the spider got close enough, and the flask crashed on the ground making the web to burn away in fire as the spider queen, also burning in fire, ran off to where Andy and Mithrilia were standing.

Mithrilia made her move to get the spider’s attention, and Andy realizing that, got position to get the spider flanked. A hard battle started. Andy’s Instructor joined the fight. All of them, including the spider, fought graceful, but in the end, Andy stepped below the spider and with all her strength and will she hit the spider in a vital point making a big cut. The spider’s blood, a green substance, fell all over Andy, the spider still tried to flee but it only could stepped a bit then to die, and unfortunately, its blood was poisoned. Andy didn’t resist, she was too hurt after the battle and the poison was taking her away. She fell.

“Bloody hells!” The instructor ran and opened a flask with a green substance, he threw the liquid through Andy’s mouth. “Get up on your feet, kid.” He wasn’t being rude at the girl anymore.

They finally took their way back to the border camp, nobody said a word on the way though. Didn’t take long, they were already at the camp, near by the tents and the fire.

“Things got a bit out of control, but ya did well in doing what I said, kid.” Andy’s instructor stared at her with respect for the first time.

“You gave me the order, sir, and I took it.” Andy nodded as she was tending to her wounds. “Are we going to fight now?” Her look had determination, even with her injuries, she would go until the end.

“Nah! That won’t be necessary, kid. You already passed in my test. Well done, Initiate.” He smiled at her proudly. “And welcome to the Red Blades.”

“Thank you, sir!” She tried, but couldn’t hold a smile back. “Am I allowed to wear a better weapon now?”

“Nah, kid. Not yet. Ya still have much to prove yet, ya just joined us.”

“Aye, sir!”

“I must go back now, may the Red Lady watch over ya, yeah?”

“Blessed is our Red Lady, go with Her, sir.”

So, Andy finally joined the Red Blades, she said thanks and goodbye to her friend Mithrilia who also left and she stayed alone for a few hours, thinking about how things would be from this day on. She was happy for the first time since her brother has died.

Comment

The Second Trial

“I had a dream with him, like those she has...” The girl with long dark hair and blue eyes said to the woman sitting on a bed. The noise from the drunken people in the Four Lanterns was not reaching the second level this night.

“Tell me about this dream, dear.” The woman gave the girl a warm smile.

“Well… Lane walked with me through the Crossroads, he didn’t say much, only that we should take care of you and that we should stick together most of the time. He was wearing a red imposing armor and a necklace just like Andy’s.” The girl walked through the room to sit on a chair in front of the woman. “Then we saw Andy fighting with a dwarf.” The girl frowned as forcing her memory. “She was Shalalan, the Stout, from the Red Blades. At least it was what Lane said.”

“Anyway, while Andy fought with the dwarf wearing her short blade, she got knocked down about three times, the dwarf showed pretty skilled with the short blade. But then, Andy held a longsword, and the fight turned different. Andy fought graceful, just like the dwarf, but in the end, Andy knocked her down, and after a few, the dwarf went away smiling proudly.”

“Lane said that Andy passed through her second trial, that I should follow her steps. He gave me a hug and faded, I have no chance to say anything. I wanted to say that I miss him.” The girl sighed sadly. “Do you think he meant that I should join the Red Blades?”

“Well, I suppose he meant that you should be persistent and serve your god with all your heart, because that is what Andy has been doing since Lane has gone.” The woman on the bed smiled at the girl.

“She is becoming a great woman.”

“Indeed my dear, indeed. Oh, by the way, this dream you had, this is how it really happened.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Andy has been approved on her second trial after defeating the dwarf. She told me already.”

“Oh, that’s good news then. She is really up to it.”

“Yes dear.”

“Oh, One more thing. Lane said that you may have to fight again.”

“He said that?” The woman on the bed gave the girl a surprised look.

“Yes.”

“I don’t know, dear. I am not young anymore.”

“Oh, come on! I remember when I was young and you were teaching me.”

“Well, those times, I was young.” The woman on the bed chuckled”

“Well, but he said that.” The girl gave the woman a hug. “I have to go now mother. I must follow my sister’s steps like my brother told me to do.”

“Yes, dear.” The woman hugged the girl back.

When the girl was about to go out the room, the woman spoke once more.

“Lucy…”

“Yes?”

“Be safe, dear.”
              Lucy Majer - "Squire of ???????"
              義 - 勇 - 仁 - 礼 - 誠 - 名誉「名譽 - 忠義

"With a heart of steel riding on wings of thunder, we'll raise our sword of resolution high. With fangs of revenge and claws of hatred, we'll return to our golden age."

Comment

Friends again?

Andy was patrolling the city, the city that became her home, the city that she became to love so much, in the country she love so much, where the people she love so much lives. The Red Blade Adept grew in wisdom and earned respect since she came back to Sundren without the curse that one day almost made her lose herself. But she was safe now; she has been given divine protection from her so beloved Red Lady. She became a good soldier like her brother one day was, and so loyal that even being a not so high ranked soldier, her commander gave her missions of big importance. Her sense of strategy wouldn’t allow her to throw herself to die, but her good heart would give up on life to keep a Sundren citizen alive, so, many of the criminals have learned to fear the girl in red armor, and the red knight on her shield turned into a sign of justice and not only a sign of good tactics.

The rain has stopped this day giving a chance for the sun shine, at least for a while, and that gave Andy a chance to recognize the girl in heavy armor coming through, a face that was part of her past, part of her childhood. She saw her best friend walking like if they were kids yet, in the same strong way she always was. Andy smiled.

“Corporal!” Andy saluted the girl smiling.

“I am not in the gray cloaks anymore, you know I left before the Captain arrived here.” The girl with dark hair and blue eyes responded in a hispid way.

“Oh, indeed.” The smile faded from Andy’s face. “I heard you came to Sundren a long time ago, and got back to Neverwinter. What brings you back here?

“Like if you didn’t know my father is a scum!” The girl spoke with a hostile tone of voice.

“Aye. Indeed… your father.” Andy could easily sense that the girl was not angry with her own problems, but at Andy herself. “So, are you staying this time?"

“Perhaps, who knows? Can’t find a bloody room in the inns.” The girl watched the legion soldiers passing by as she was speaking to Andy. “Did Raven give you the Captain’s belongings?”

“Aye. I already gave to my mother.”

“A shame her daughter didn’t follow the mother’s steps.” The girl narrowed her eyes at the last line she spoke like an arrow which could hit the girl in red armor.

“I know you blame me for what has happened, I also blame myself for that and I am truly sorry, but I also have been forgiven by his commanders, by him and by his Lady that now walks within my heart. And I am doing my best now to follow his steps and I had succeeded so far, but one day, I will need that you forgive me as well, or I will never be able to be like him.”

“Why did you put the damn ring, Andy? Now the captain is dead! How could he forgive you?”

“Raven didn’t tell you? Well, he showed up in a dream where I received a call from my Lady’s avatar.”

“A dream?” The girl seemed surprised in front of the paladin.

“Aye. If you don’t believe me, you can talk to my mother, you always trusted her.”

“Of course I trust her! Every single soldier back there trusts her!”

“I know. And about the ring, I would never imagine this was a trap, I didn’t have the wisdom I have today, and I thought it was my mother’s, so I just tried, like any other innocent girl would do.”

“I’m sorry.” The sorrow in the girl’s eyes turned clearer. “You are right. I would have done the same, and perhaps I would not have the same luck you had."

“It wasn’t luck, but a god’s will.” Andy smiled again.

“Aye. Indeed.” The girl smiled at Andy.

“So.” Andy gave her that interrogative look. “Friends again? Like the old times?”

“Of course. But unfortunately, we are not little girls anymore, so I think we will never be like the old times. You don’t need my protection from the boys anymore, look at you now.”

“Aye.” Andy Chuckled. “Well then, Elly, if you want you can stay in my room in the Four Lanterns with my mother, I can sleep in the temple or in the Red Blades Guild Hall."

“Oh yes, I heard the tales that you became a hell of a good and honored Red Blade.”

Then both girls walked down the streets talking about the present and the past. Andy in her red armor and carrying her blades and shield as usual, while Elly in her heavy armor had her big axe locked on her back together with a huge shield. Andy’s best friend returned to her, and that would only give the paladin more strength to fight evil and keep her people safe.
                Last edited by Lanemeyer; 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Who's the blacksmith?

“You are doing the wrong way Andy.” Said the girl with black hair and blue eyes in a heavy armor with a damn big axe hanging on her back.

“I am not used to this…” The Red Blade Defender sighed in frustration.

“Gimme that hammer, let me show you again.”

The hammer sang gracefully when Elly castigated the steel as it was getting form of a nice full plate.

“See? It’s not the same as crafting weapons Andy, you must hit like this, and you keep moving the steel like that. The process is different. Try again.”

Andy held the hammer again, and it began to go up and down many times, but this time seemed that the hammer sang like it was in a show of horror. Andy sighed.

“Why do you need to learn it so much? You can’t get armors with that guy Ino?”

“Aye, but I want to give my soldiers different armors, the ones Ino can sapre at this moment are basic ones.”

“I see.” Elly smiled. “So, how the Blades are going?”

“I am always on duty. Even when I get free time, I go to the Red Knight temple to carry on with the temple’s duty.”

“Woah.” Elly stared at her friend amazed by her dedication. She thought that she couldn’t have done better than pray a few to the deity she always followed. “I heard you have recruited new people to the Blades.”

“Aye, and I want to give them better armors.”

“Do I know them?”

“Maybe, I am not sure. There is Tavalin, he says he is getting old, but he reminds me my mother, getting old but still full of grace and skill. There is also that woman, Mara. She has a great potential and she is just like me when my faith was yet young. There is also Chara…” Andy said not so convicted the last name.

“What about this one?”

“Sometimes I guess I made a mistake by recruiting her, but I guess I will give her more time to prove that she deserves to be within the order. It’s just sometimes she doesn’t seem to deserve the Red Knight teachings. I guess she only wants to fight and not uphold the law of the country she is living, and this is our duty as well. Sometimes she hesitates to take my orders, when not a single soldier in the order does. Sometimes she is reckless.”

“So, what are you gonna do about her?”

“I sent her to be at the Mossdale under the command of the Avenger in charge.”

“My uncle said once, that your mother got a new recruit to her unity back in Neverwinter. The guy got your mom mad when he refused to take her order, saying that didn’t know how she become a captain, that her leadership was poor. She then passed the leadership to him.”

“Oh?” Andy stared with a curious expression. “And what happened?”

“Well, the criminals got away, her sergeant almost got killed, and she kicked his ass badly until a corporal and a couple of privates had to hold her back.” Elly chuckled.

“Oh…” Andy sighed again. “Well, if she does not get on the tracks, I will just write a report to Saint Vaer. We don't need to get this way."

“I surely couldn’t join the Red Blades, I guess I prefer your mother’s way, but… enough of this Andy, you are gonna learn how to carft a proper armor even if I have to spend a week inside that room.” Elly smiled to her friend.

The crafting room was quiet this night, embracing the two girls like a mother would to her children. Both girls kept working on crafting armors all night long, until Andy finally made an “acceptable” iron full plate.
                  Last edited by Lanemeyer; 01-04-2010, 12:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                  X