Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itache's ~ The Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itache's ~ The Chronicles

~ Entry I ~

It has been quite sometime since I last found some sleep. Even reverie was something difficult to me in those days. It seems since I left my homeland that those voices stopped torturing me. It is somehow a relief. I can now rest, even if I am in the middle of nowhere.
    My destination is unknown. I embarked the ship that my grandparents indicated me and here I am. A few sailors told me that we are off to Sundrite lands. Whatever that place is, must be the place I am to look for “them”.
    I don’t know what to expect there. They will be unknown lands to me. I have a few gold and food left.

Though I am not alone, Niren is with me. He is all the company I need. I will be fine, whenever the ship hits harbor.

It has been months since we left land, not to worry; I am used to the seas by now. Somehow the whales and other aquatic creatures I spot every now and then keep me from going completely insane…

Page 1

~ Entry II ~

We arrived at port Avanthyr and I was greeted by the odor of sewers and sweat. Many people walk this place. Stone everywhere; I sometimes wonder how I breathe around this place.
    My purse ran thin in the few days I spent there. I helped a few innocent that were ready to pay a no one for some tasks. I made quite some money here and there.
    I bought myself some native clothes and made a few acquaintances here and there. None important to the date and those I seek are no where; though I don’t give up that easily.
    The people in these docks seem distant enough. They go about their business and as far as I know don’t care much about travelers. A few odd gazes crossed my eyes as I wandered. Some do not like strangers. I pay little attention to them.

I also noticed some dark sides. I don’t travel much during the night nor do I go to places way too crowded. I cannot afford myself risking to be robed or worse, killed.

I talked with a few people. They have caravans that head to the Sundren city. I will be leaving with them in two nights. Hopefully my path leads me somewhere of importance.

Page 2
    Last edited by xeneize; 06-28-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

~ Entry III ~

The trip to the capitol takes a few nights. The people I travel with are merchants and adventurers.
      I talked to one black skinned man earlier that is travelling with us. He says that the capitol city is a complete maze; that he is right or wrong it doesn’t matter.

I wonder what I am going to do in such a big city. Maybe I will seek for other jobs since my purse is running thin again. These merchants don’t take people with them for free and for the record, attempted to have me buy many of their wares. They made special offers but nothing of what they had was useful to me. I need the coin if I want to travel around. Caravans are not free and I am sure I will be travelling with adventurers that sell their services on the road.

Page 3

Comment

~ Entry IV ~

A few days passed since the merchant’s caravan arrived to Sundren.
        It is a huge city, with many underground tunnels and towering buildings. The black skinned man was not wrong in a few things. I lost myself during the first hours; though I managed to find my way into places of interest.

I stayed on a few places I could afford for a while. That gambling inn was probably the worst place I could be. Those rats are most annoying. I didn’t last long there until I found my way into other places. Luckily enough, there were other inns suitable for me.

Though recently, those voices started cursing my mind again. Grandparents told me this would happen one day; though it is too soon. I still need to seek any trace of “them”. Yet I am not about to trust anyone with my personal issues. If I find what I am looking for, then I need to first make sure to know the “subject” well.
        I was told to be very careful about it. Even I don’t know what this is all about completely. I am to look for the connection but I have to resolve my problem all by my own.
        For now, I will thank the gods that I can find sleep.

That temple in the military district is colossal. It seems it has some important influence over these sundarians. I think someone told me it was dedicated to Lathander; though I am not sure.

Page 4

Comment

~ Entry V ~

A few weeks passed since I am in these lands. I grew used to the city of sundren; though there is always much to learn.

I now find myself at Erigo’s trading post. I came to this place since I was told many travellers stopped by for a break from their adventures or even spend a few days in encampment.
          I learn a lot about this place as I spend more and more time. I spend most of my time here and watch the many people converse. I cannot understand everything of what is said, though staying here will aid me in my goal.

Demons, devils; many kind of extra-planar creatures that I had only heard of in books or bard tales, can be found in this place. I quite don’t know how to react at them. Some have even approached me for a talk. Even if they were nice enough, I cannot let them fool me. I simply can’t trust anyone here.

There are also those small creatures, Halflings. I met a few before at home. They were most pleasant company; especially in taverns.
          Dwarves as well. It is said they are masters of arms and avatars of endurance. I haven’t quite seen many of them in battle, though I heard the tales. For now I keep my thoughts neutral upon these mountain diggers.

They all seem to gather around the campfire of this place and share words and trade with each other. I have seen many interesting items while they exchanged, though nothing I could afford. Apparently, They are all adventurers that will jump as soon as there is some opportunity to go ‘kill something’ as some of them call it.

It also seems to be a place of hostilities. Either verbally or physically; ethics being a huge part of the disputes I witnessed.

I do not know what to expect; though for now this is the place I will be.

Page 5

Comment

~ Entry VI ~

That woman.

Upon one of those disputes with another crazed elf, she mentioned being a sorceress of sorts. I heard of such people to exist; though she seems to be on drugs and a total drunkard.
            Yet she may have answers to my questions. I will keep an eye on her now and then. I cannot just talk to her about my things and afford to be stabbed later, it is too dangerous.

There was also a gnome called Pom that took me to the sacred grove. A druid glade deep into woodlands I can’t remember the name of right now. Somehow I feel a bit relieved. It is the first time I get someone to take me somewhere and it doesn’t actually cost me money.
            It seems that place has many hints to what’s happening to me and may prove useful. “They” must be quite difficult to find, though the druids will be a good help. For now I just watch and learn.

Finally there are those red wizards. I don’t know much about them and the shaved man that claimed to be of thayan lands didn’t have much time to talk with me.

I might find more about these people on the library in Sundren city; though I will indeed seek to talk to that man again.

That, if the walking mountain of steel ever lets me…

Page 6

Comment

Working...
            X