Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Good Thief.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Thief.

Sehron walks through the Viridale, moving quietly, slipping between shadows, avoiding the giant beast that roam the wood. The elf walks until he comes upon a ledge over looking three creeks merging into one. He watches the moon in the sky with a smile on his face.

Elric is dead, and rightfully so. That son of a bitch has brought pain on so many and yet they let him walk free. I saw him fall to Tamryn's sword and helped carry his rotten corpse to the Helmites but he'll be back. People who take such pleasure in causing pain usually do not let a simple thing like death stop them.

Sehron chuckles and sits down with his feet over the ledge. A bolt of lightning strikes in the distance and a light rain begins to fall. The elf looks up and allows the droplets to wash over his face.

Only I can screw things up this bad. Just last week I slept in the nicest inn in Sundren City with quite possibly the kindest soul I'll ever have the pleasure of knowing. What now? Cold, wet earth and the constant threat dire beasts finding me in reverie. Great work.

He slowly closes his eyes. The voice that was once his seems distant. The voice was now speaking to him. It was his, yet different.

You deny what you are. You can help every paladin in Faerun, and it will never make up for the things you've done. How many have you hurt in the name of greed? You can fight it all you want, your a thief Sehron. Even now you suffer. Your attempts to feel useful, something more than what you are have now cost you. The thing you hold dearest in your life is slipping through your fingers like sand, and for what?

Do not fight what you are, just change your reasons for doing it. You know what good is, reguardless of what any human has penned to paper. Good cannot be coded in simple words, it is a feeling. You may help those that uphold the law, Sehron, but do no forget your goal is the greater good, not to protect some code.

Sehron opens his eyes and watches as the moon fades into the distant mountains. He can hear the gutteral shouts behind him. The mossclaw had sent out a patrol. The elf smiles slighty, pulls his hood over his head, and slips into the shadows.
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Again you are my companion Sehanine.

Sehron looks to the moon, resting on his perch in the Viridale.

Another night graced with nothing but your light to warm my soul. One of your children has faultered. Alyrian has betrayed us, I heard it from his own tongue. He has turned to the Monster for guidance. He is tired and in great pain, though I do not know why. He has been wounded, but it cut far deeper than any blade. His soul itself has suffered, and not by the demonic clutches that held him captive, something else caused this pain.

The voice echoes through his mind and trails off. A soft whisper takes its place.

The source of his pain is unimportant. He must must come back to us, Sehron, and if he doesn't, he must be destroyed. Could you do that? Could you work with the Tormites to slay him? This is a rough road, Sehron. You must choose between those who seek to harm others and those who seek to bind others to their beliefs. Try to save him if you can, but do not forget what must be done should he continue to seek comfort in the hands of Bane.

The elf slowly opens his eyes. He gazes to the creeks below, watching a piece of wood slowly float down stream.

I would take away everything I've caused you, Yashia, in exchange for your comforting gaze. I would rest easier if I knew you had found at least some peace in my absence. I could use you now. Your strength, your compassion... your companionship.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

The elf smirks to himself as he heads to his tent.

He never did say "when" to give it to them. I best keep this for right now, until I find the exact relationship between the Helmites and the Thayans. I have a lot to go through and a lot to figure out anyway.

He sets the wheel down and looks in the book, trying to find words and phrases that might make since in draconic. Twisting and turning in various directions.

Well father, it seems you gave me something useful after all. To think, a rotten son of a bitch like you could have something to do with saving people, ironic. Here's to the years learning the language of dragons.

The elf looks at the wheel and frowns slighty, thinking back to earlier that day.

I'm sorry Yashia, I had to take it. Knowledge is power, and knowledge in the wrong hands could be fatal. Pom and I can handle this..... I hope.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

You know they will catch you. You cannot hide that thing from them forever. Perhaps the you could plead your case to the Museum, they might understand.

Sehron crosses the bridge and heads to his ledge. There were no gnolls in the area for once, a peaceful walk for once.

Maybe things are looking up for you. Yashia seemed very happy to to talk with you. Pom seems to take your side on the disk issue. You even made a little peace with Tamyrn. You remember what it's like. Do not do to your friends what was done to you. You are better than your father. You are better than those who kept you and your brother capitive. You are better that those who imprisoned your mother.

You have something they need. You know the shadows well. You have an understanding that they would only dream of. You do not just walk that path, you carve new ones. Yashia is right, you are indeed a good person, Sehron. Do not reject it, embrace it.

A smile forms on the elf's face as the rain hits him. He closes his eyes as he feels the warmth pass through his body.

Stop excepting your place and start making it.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Your getting better at this hero stuff, but don't forget your role. You can help as many people as you want, but you are still a creature of the shadow. You strike them from where they seek comfort.

You have done well. You managed to set things right with Yashia, and you are no longer sleeping on the wet ground. You helped some girl today whom you didn't really know, a companion of Cirion no less. Hano seems thrilled to have you helping the church again. You even offered to teach the orphan girl elven, which seemed to have pleased Osclow.

Still, there seems to be much to do. You watched the forest melt before your eyes. You could have almost felt the pain from it. The smell, Gods, the smell was... it was...

Sehron starts to go a bit pale looking at the fire. He quickly shakes the thought from the head.

The tablet that Pom found. There is information in that thing. It could lend a great deal of knowledge to our cause, something that has been in short supply as of late.

Do not forget the young woman who claims to be your sister. She is still locked up. This problem is best solved alone.

Sehron looks over his shoulder to the bed and smiles a bit.

No, you have fought hard and over came a great deal. Even you no longer need to handle anything alone.

The elf gets up from the couch and makes his way to the bed. Making no noise and lifting the sheets up with the least amount of movement possible, he crawls into bed.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Sehron lay awake. Yashia was fast asleep and Quea was curled up at the foot of the bed. The fire began to slowly die down and the sound of rain hitting the roof could be heard.

Another peaceful night. The calm before the storm, as the humans like to say. War is such an unpleasant business. Refugees have flooded the City. People are homeless, hungry, and scared... a truly dangerous combination. I know the Temple is busy. I hope Jenny is alright. She is a smart kid, she will be fine.

Pom is still angery with me and I can see why. He is too loud and way to blunt, I wish I could tell him more. Knowledge is power, and I cannot allow this knowledge to fall into the wrong hands... The Red Wizards, the very people who took Lauan. She was so happy and full of wonder, now she is little more than a tool.

Sehron closes his eyes for a moment. He tries to supress the thoughts of his former friend. There were other things to worry about.

It won't matter soon. Hopefully my friends will come through for me. We can find out what that tablet says, if anything at all. We still have a week to prepare for this battle. I wish something could be done about the slaughter on the Border Towns, though. It seems all we can do is wait and hope we can do better.

The elf looks to his side and smiles.

A child's question. "Why are there wars?" Greed, Power, Duty, Passion, Faith, and Love. These are what come to mind. These seem to be the motivating circumstances of why people fight. In a week, most of the people of Sundren shall find out drives them.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

As he stares into the hearth, he is taken back to that dark cave in the Viridale...

"I think you should take a piece of that root to the Triumvirate. I'm sure they could find a good use for it in our battle against the shadows."

Sehron remarks without even looking up at Yashia, "Why, so they could lose this also?"

When he looked up, he saw her glare. It would seem she had her fill. The look said "Cut the shit, Sehron." Though she was far to kind to say the words, the elf knew what the look meant.

"You're right, I appologize. I will see to it they get a sample."

Your battle is not with them. You look for reasons to go against those in power, it seems you do it with out thinking, out of reflex. There is a greater threat on the horizon, that is your primary concern. You must protect those you love, so much is at stake. You know your reason. Passion. It is what drives you. It is in your words, your actions, in everything you do.

What is your role in all of this? You have stuck to the shadows well, and have learned what you need to know. You know deep down, they will never fully trust you. That does not matter, though. It isn't trust you're after, it is the safety of those you care about. Trust and acceptance be damned. You already have what you desire and she is all you need. She will be your strength...

Sehron opens his eyes and sighs. "We have both given up so much to get to where we are at. I hope life has more to offer than just sacrifice."

He didn't realize his thoughts were out loud until the bed stirred. He looked over his shoulder and saw her looking at him, with a tired smile and just a hint of blue coming from her half closed eyes.

"I am sorry, love." Sehron smiles back and heads to bed.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

He had drunk far too much wine. She had told him everything and it was all too much, everything was too much.

I cannot do this.

Sehron stumbled up the steps to his room. He fumbled for the key and finally got to safety.

I cannot... Not any longer.
                Last edited by cmosier; 07-06-2008, 09:39 AM.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Sehron awoke. It had been a long time since he had that much to drink. The conversation with Lauan was a long one.

What in the Nine made you think you could have helped her? Your own father tried to sacrifice you to a devil, and your mother was often trying to plan your next mode of escape. What made you think you could be a guardian to anybody? She chose slavery and a cruel master over your guidance. You failed her. You loved her like a daughter and she slipped through your fingers.

Love. The one thing the binds all intelligent creatures it seems. At least she has found somebody. Such a powerful emotion. It is something that everybody seems to seek out in one form or another, yet it can bring us pain and suffering to the point that we would welcome death with open arms. You once said all things bow to time, but all people bow to passion as well.

Several tasks are set upon you. Your burden is great, and you have few that know of it, and only one to help you carry it. You have walked the path of the coin, now you are a slave to your passion, your desire for redemption and acceptance.

Sehron rubs his head. Yashia had already left for the day. The elf goes down stairs and orders a coffee, another drink he hadn't had in a long time.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Soon. The battle everybody has been talking about and planning for is at our door steps. The start of a war. How unfortunate it is that I have fallen in love with a soldier. One who is happy with her place. She will follow her orders, without reguard to her own well being. They are the ones who risk the most, and are noticed the least. I can only hope Corellon smiles on us.

What hurts the most, I will not be able to watch over this time. She is so much stronger and far more skilled at the blade than I could ever be. Still, I could watch her back, and quickly finish off an opponent on her flank... but that is not my task this time.

Hells, this whole thing is a mess. Karthus has his wish, tomorrow Sundren will unite in the name of self preservation. We will stand as one people, fight as one people, and die as one people.

I have come a long way. I remember when I met Yashia, that is when it first began to change. She was new to the City and for some reason you aided her. She was so full of courage. Not long after, you met Hano. The stories you could tell about his bull headness and how often he nearly got himself killed at the hands of gnolls...and orcs... and ogres.. Hells, I carried his carcass more than once. Lauan as well. She was being held by that damned fool Kang. I remeber how he would make her walk through traps to set them off. Karthus... when he was a friend... before his betrayal, before he took me.

Will we pass on to the winds of history as so many others before us? What will our fates be?

Sehron looks to Yashia. She had him in her grasp as she slept. He felt his eyes moisten.

We will soon risk all. I hope all the Powers that truly believe in the goodness of mortals are watching. Know that we go into this of our own will. We risk everything for our higher purpose.

Sehron slowly strokes Yashia's blonde hair.

"For those that walked before us and those who will come after. For you, love. For Sundren."

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

There she was, asleep on the bench. Hopefully she will take the time to get aquainted with our new room when she wakes. Far too weak to carry her, he drinks the black liquid he purchased from the Keeper. Sehron gently picks up Yashia and slowly carries her to their new room.

Never thought my light touch would be used for something like this. I have lifted purses, pouches, weapons... Hells, just about anything one could imagine. Now my talents are be used to lift and carry a human without rousing her awake.

Yashia makes a soft sound as she wraps her arms around Sehron, nearly blinding him. He stops and regains his balance on the steps and continues the perilous journey to their home.

There are many elves here in Sundren. This could be to our benefit. If I could perhaps meet more of them, we could some how band together. Our enemies do so for strength, we should do the same. Leckith and Elusa might help me with this. Both doubt their abilities, but have such potential. We should start relying on each other for support and protection.

Sehron reaches the door and looks at the key hole then to the sleeping woman he is carrying. After a great deal of fumbling and manuevring, he gets the key and unlocks the door. He uses his foot to open it, retrieves the key with two of his fingers, then closes the door tight behind him. He sets Yashia down on the bed.

Ofcourse we have our non elven allies. I hope she can understand my want for this. She is very understanding and I doubt would take this personally. My sun elf cousins will be the hardest to convince. They will not take kindly to me when they find out I share a bed with a human. I have not seen many about as of late, so I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

We would have to work with the Druids in the Viridale and the Exigo in the Hills. Secure the wild areas from those who would cause us harm. Patrol them and keep those who would cause harm to others from practicing their trade. This can be done with a bit patience and practice, I am sure of it.

Sehron carefully unstraps Yashia's armor, pulling the pieces off that he can. She awakes for a moment when he pulls the body piece off. She looks at him with her tired blue eyes and smiles softy, before settling back into the bed. He smiles back at her and places her armor in a pile at the foot of the bed.

We all have our places. Perhaps the elves of Sundren need to find ours. Sehanine, grant me insight tonight. I...no we, need your guidance.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Again I find myself alone in the Viridale, my only companions the dark sky and the constant rain. At least the chill reminds me that I still live. This all is wearing thin on me. I am tired of the self righteous reminding me of all they sacrifice. I would challenge any of them to have walked my path. To have no other choice but to steal your next meal. To be forced into the shadows and remain hidden from the eyes of the guard so you can keep the ones you love safe.

Sehron closes his eyes and allows the rain to wash over his face.

I cannot keep this going. Each time she chooses duty over me, I suffer, if only a little. I have giving up so much of myself and what I believe, and in return I feel I have recieved little. I am not sure what else to do. I have nobody to speak to about this and I am unskilled in such areas.

Caelryth was right, our's is a path better walked alone.

The elf bundles up with an extra set of clothes. The weather has gotten cooler that past few weeks, and he always carried something to keep himself warm. It would not be long before the rain made that obsolete.

I would normally ask for guidance, but I am started to believe that my cries to the Seldarine are falling of deaf ears as well. I am losing faith in my love, my cause, and my very beliefs.

The cold, numbing feeling started to sink in. Sehron welcomed it. Soon the feeling of the rain faded as well. The elf smiled.

This is not as bad as one would think. It is similiar to the feeling I had when the Banites captured me or when the bear almost had me finished off. It will return in time. The sun will rise and bring feeling back to my bones.

For now... I cannot feel the pain.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

The landscape looked the same but the land itself had some how changed. Sehron set at his familiar perch in the Viridale, awaiting the moon to rise over head as he listened to the babble of the creek below.

I have been away for too long, but that was Fate’s choice, not my own. So many new faces I have a hard to remembering who I know and who is a stranger. That does not matter. My role is clear. The enemies of Sundren have for too long lurked in their last refuge, the dark of the shadows. They will soon learn that even the shadows are against them. I am not here to give mercy or seek justice; I am here to act on vengeance.

Serhron opens his eyes and watches the moon creep over the mountains. The elf smiles and says a silent prayer to Sehanine.

Fate guide my path.

The elf then takes an arrow and breaks it in two pieces, throwing it into the creek below.

Wrath guide my blade.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
                          X