Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement from the Church of Helm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement from the Church of Helm

* Word spreads that a major announcement is going to be made from the Church of Helm in the Trade district. A large group of citizens gather outside the church, and begin to debate over the topic of the announcement. People from many faiths attend. Everwatch Knights, off-duty Exigo Sentinels, bards from the Talent & Balance, Seer Marcus, Jimmy, Rismal, Jurai, Eovina, Red Blades, Triumvirate Clerics and Paladins, and many more are in attendance.

Orlan Proskus, well known Abbot of the Church of Helm in Sundren, takes to a speaking podium. He walks slowly, though with a determined expression, and stands before the great assembly. The age shows on Orlan's face; he has been through much these past months. Orlan gazes into the group to find Balthasar and Caspar side by side; the men look at each other seriously, but respectfully. Orlan gazes into the group and sees the red robes of Lady Tao and her trio of Thayan Knights. He looks immediately to his own right, and frowns at the empty space where Tifton would have stood.

This was not a time to dwell on pain, he reminded himself. This was a time for looking forward. With that thought, Orlan clears his throat and addresses the crowd *

Good afternoon. Thank you all for coming.

I see that we have many representatives from organizations big and small. We have concerned merchants from Exigo, and farms from outside of the city who make their living with plentiful crops. We have inquiring citizens who make this city their home, and visitors who will doubtlessly take our stories to the outside world. First, let me say thank you for your attention, your concern, and your willingness to listen.

For those of you who do not know me, I am Orlan Proskus, Abbot of the Church of Helm in Sundren. I am tasked with leading our temple. I am tasked with upholding His will and defending the city with my last breath. Together, with the many loyal and dependable everwatch knights, Paladins, and Clerics in Helm's service, it is our duty to protect you all, to protect all that you hold dear and love. Together, we defend in times of joy and times of crisis.

Today, I stand before you in a time of crisis.

Several months ago, an artifact of great mystery was uncovered by a trader outside of Sundren. This trader brought the artifact within our nation, and later died. He believed he was being punished for selfish business dealings, and willed the item to the Triumvirate. Since then, the Triumvirate, with the cooperation of the Hands of Mundus, have been examining and experimenting on the artifact.

In our lives, we will be fortunate if we have family, we will be fortunate if we have true friends. * His eyes shift to Balthasar and Caspar * I consider Balthasar to be my close personal friend, as I have mentored him through much these past years. I have a great deal of respect for him, and his faith, as I too admire the work and dedication of the Hands of Mundus.

However, as parents know, children are not exempt from making mistakes. There are times when parents must let their children learn from their own mistakes, and grow as individuals, and others when they must step in to stop them from hurting themselves or others. This is a time when the Church of Helm must step in and defend the people of Sundren.

Despite being implored to take great care with the artifact, I am sad to say it was handled recklessly. Though it was unclear what the device did, where it came from, or how to control it, the Triumvirate and the Hands of Mundus continued to research the device. A number of people have already lost their lives. And, two days ago, the artifact was stolen during transport by an group we believe to worship Talona.

Thanks to Avanthyr Jones, Curator of the Sundren City Musuem, we now know that this artifact is a Netherese device. As masters of History will tell you, the Netherese were a people of superior magical ability, to the point of folly and arrogance. Their work led to floating cities, spells beyond the ninth ring, and this artifact, a device created to ensnare the avatar of a deity. As incredible as this sounds, it is tragically more incredible to know that they succeeded. Within Genum's Cube, an angry deity awaits its release.

We have determined that the confinement device is powered by the absorption of energy. Any and all energy, be it positive, negative, or any other, including life energies, are absorbed by the cube. We have also determined that the energy requirements are significantly increasing, indicating more power will be necessary to maintain the confinement field. We believe the deity inside is beginning to fight harder and harder, and as a result the cube will begin to draw energy at a faster rate and greater radius.

The Church of Helm must step in and protect the people of Sundren from this threat. It is our charge to keep you safe, and that is what we will do.

Effective immediately, I have dispatched over one hundred of our finest Everwatch Knights to search for this artifact. When, not if, we regain possession of this cube it will be removed from Sundren, and if possible destroyed. It will not be experimented on, toyed with, or held in a place where it can be stolen. It will not be sold to interested buyers, or shown to curious parties. Genum's Cube will be destroyed, as it should have been from the very beginning.

To the churches of the Triumvirate, I say this: We do not agree with your handling of the artifact. We believe you have put this great city at risk. We will now set things right, and we expect you to stand aside and let us do so. While we respect your intentions, we cannot in good faith approve of your actions in this matter.

At this time, I will entertain any questions you may have.

Standing behind his Brother Balthasar and Caspar he listened in silence.. Regret raced through his mind through the whole conversation. He knew what was to be spoken, but it still hurt him, and even then he doubted The Abbot and what he was actually capable of. The Abbot had not dealt with this before, nor does he have a way to destroy it without releasing what it contained.

There was no way to be sure of what may come... But the Paladin wanted to hope that they were capable of such a task. He offered his prayers to Torm so that The Everwatch might in fact complete the task... And if not then Torm guide their souls.
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Present also, Tamryn couldn't help but agree with what was being said. She'd expressed her vocal displeasure about leaving the Cube in the hands of the Left for some time.

...but still. Children, yes, sneered the Helmites, as they sat on their padded pews and guarded. Codeword for did nothing. Tyton was the first Helmite she had seen in god-knows-how-long that had actually taken a fight to anything.

And as much as she respected their faith, she had to question ... if they had one hundred Everwatch Knights in reserve, where were they when the Temple of the Triumvirate struggled to carry the load with a handful of paladins and a lonely Favored?

Stand aside then? Very well. We'll stand aside. All theirs. And may the gods have mercy on them if -their- arrogance dooms us too.
      Last edited by Raksha; 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM.
      Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
      Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Also Present, Jamyse listens in silence. Standing he speaks

"This sword of Lathander stands with the church of Helm, I stand ready to do what is necessary to defend Sundren and her People"

He sits back down
        Lately the only thing that keeps me from wishing for a worldwide disaster... is that it would probably interrupt my network connection

Kathryn Blake - In the time between times anything is possible. Kathryn's Theme Song
        (S)
        Sasha Mursadus - Does that hurt? No?... let me try a little harder then... Sasha's Theme Song

Who is the person who will defend the defenseless?

Comment

Representing the Church of Umberlee,Odin Sorceron notices the dirty looks of the folk at the gathering.He shrugs and gives their stares a sarcastic wink,grinning the whole time.Its a wonder why the church is even tolerated,Odin thinks to himself."Oh well this be over with shortly."When the abbot mentioned the artifacts theft by the followers of Talona,it quicky interested the former pirate captain."I hate them damned people,even i am willin ta help with this one.Gots me a personal score ta settle with em."After the assembly's end,Odin put his floppy hat on and made his way back to his church to inform them of the announcement..With images of his urchin flail crushing a Talonian's fore-noggin.
          "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Pom the gnome druid still has in his posession the cypher device that translated the journal which expalined what Genum's cube contains, and says to himself "There was a reason this device was so well protected, and if it relates to the cube even doubly so. For now, best to keep the lock and the key sepperated I think. The Keeper will know what to do when I give this to him."

Comment

Karthus is all like "Haha!"

But Keth is all like "Oh no!"

Luckily they never see each other, as one is never present while the other is to be found. The excessively intelligent and observant people might begin to believe they are one in the same.
              Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Alyrian watches silently, contemplating the bits of information that the abbot had revealed. " If the cube is destroyed ... how will I save you?"

Comment

Isaniel Ny'thin stands mixed in with the crowd listening with dismay.
                  SHe whispers to herself about being more then just an Iniate to the Hands of Mundus.
                  But then realizes she can help either way.....but she grips the staff Rismal gave her tightly intent not to make him regret his decision. She then finds her way out of the crowd to go to the University to find out more about this cube or it's history.

Comment

Working...
                  X