Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Damn Faerun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Damn Faerun

Hano stumbled away from the Temple falling into the streets of Sundren. His hands trembled and eyes couldn't focus. "I-Impossible... No.. A.. A.. G.." He slams his gauntlet on the cobble road. He knew thanks to that Gnome.. Thanks to his efforts - He wasn't sure if he should kiss him or kick him. He might have very well saved the valley, but.. Possibly have damned it as well. No.. If anyone had damned the valley it would have been Hano.

Genum's Cube. What it contained. It all made sense now - The pieces rushed into place as Hano came to understand what would befall Sundren. What exactly would happen to them. "Shit!" He cursed to himself pushing himself off the road. He knew what he had to do. Now.. Now he knew what he faced and that he must prevent it. He slipped into a vision of Sundren's destruction once more.. Recalling his encounter with his future self. "Shit!" he exclaims once more now walking at a fast pace.

"What is this.. Fear? No... No... I've lost the feeling of fear long ago, but... What is this feeling? It couldn't be.. Could it? Was it dragging me this far? To this point? Was I unable to escape this impending doom? Even after the insight... Even after the warnings. Was it all so neatly knitted together, orchestrated, so that I would be here in this point in time? Is.. Is there no way to prevent it? Is this the feeling... Of fate wrapping its cold fingers around me?"

He stops himself looking to the skies and thinking to himself, "I don't.. I don't want to be alone... Not right now. Tamryn... I need you." The thought of her comforted him, easing his mind as a sigh escapes his lips. He reaches for his blade knowing deep inside what he was supposed to do. "No... If this was supposed to happen. If this is all orchestrated, then... Then." He whips out his blade, clutching it with both hands, holding it to the stars above him, peeking through the dark clouds.

He roars, "Torm!" The echoes spread through the city but quickly fall to dead silence. Empty... Even in the large city Hano stood alone with only the stars and Torm to witness his conviction. He cries out again. "You are my witness, my eyes, my evidence!" The runes on his blade hum ever so lightly as he continues. "Grant me the wisdom! Grant me..." He loses himself in despair as his roar falls into a whisper. "Please forgive this selfish question... But how are we going to save ourselves now? To challen..." He trails off letting passion best him - Crying into the streets again, "What are they going to do other than tremble incessantly!?" His echoes once more fall on bitter silence.

Without response he tries to strengthen his stance, but his blade trembles in his hands, hilt rattling against his gauntlets. A bolt of lightening dances across the skies followed by the roar of thunder. Without hesitation rain started to crash down on Sundren, bouncing off the Paladin's armor with almost deafening rings. His stance does not sway, even as the stars are consumed by dark clouds and disappear in the mist of rain, even as his sword trembles. He refuses to give in. Not now... Not ever.

Lightning crashes from the skies again, however, if only for a brief moment Hano catches a quick glimpse of a dwarf with a wide smile... "Those scars." Escapes his mouth in awe. As quick as the lightning - The vision was gone. Hano lowers his head and brings his sword down, resting its tip against the cobblestone road. He draws in a long breath recalling Nulinus. "You're right. We rarely saw eye-to-eye, but.. You were right. You were always there to light the way. Even in your death... Even after" Swallowing hard his eyes begin to burn. "Even after death you wish to show me the way. To protect Sundren." The Tormite clutches the hilt of his blade tightly, trembling once more... No longer because of the cold grasp of fate, but... "Now..." He thought. "Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance... I can finally admit that you were the one that was right." His tears are masked away from the rain rolling down his face. The runes on his blade hum once more, the sound penetrating through the beating of the rain, burning brightly through the darkness of night. Illuminating the Paladin with its golden aura.

Lifting his blade for closure, for his final testimate. With only one hand he raises it upward, despite its weight, he holds it firm within his grasp as he points the blade to the skies. He roars to the heavens above him - A battle cry. Not against Syran, The Servants of Talona, or even The Black Hand... But against fate itself. "I - We will not stand for this! If fate dare deny us... If this was all meant to happen - Then by Torm's might I will crush the very fabric of time and free us of its grasp! The people will not fall to this! Not while I draw breath! Not while I carry this blade! If I am to meet your face tonight, Torm, then it will only be after I claim one more name for your blade - To place it beside Bane's!"
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Nulinus traveled for days on the path to the gate of the sunderer, he wondered if Hano and Sehron had shared a better fate than his.

The time spent on the road gave him time to think. To think about how hid friends had been endangered by his gullible attitude.

The thought pained him, he knew it was not his fault entirely, but he felt as if he were to blame. It had been at least a month since his departure from the cell... and maybe another until he reaches Sundren.

There were always small villages to stop at and resuply, but he could not get there quick enough.

"Damnit, this road gets longer and longer." He prayed to Gorm, hoping he had made the right decisions in his clan's mines... as well as their tomb, it seems.

He now carried the armor of his mother with him, the only thing, besides his holy symbol, that linked back to his past.

The day would drag on, eventualy he reached a small hamlet that he spent the night in thanks to a kind farmer.

They fed him well, and let them sleep in their bed, he was truly gratefull, though did not get any sleep that night.

He thought about all the people that might have been looking for him, or had given up and assumed he was dead. Or if they even cared.

He tossed and turned. Was Sundren a big cest hole of evil by now? Or were they still battling the evil that lurks there.

The night dragged on, and in the morning he left without a good bye, but left several staggs on their kitchen table.

He readied his pack, his equipment, and his trusty shovel which he used as a weapon for now.

He would make it back, and show them all he had not truly perished.
    Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Working...
    X