Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hano's Call for Aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hano's Call for Aid

After rallying those who remain faithful friends and those still willing to aid or listen to Hano's plea, he stands to a podium looking to each one of them. Whatever pain, worry, and regret he might have had is washed away by his determination to remedy the situation. Placing his sword - Bane Slayer's - tip on the ground before him and wrapping his fingers around the hilt he looks to each one of them.

"Brothers, Sisters, allies, and friends. You have no doubt heard of the recent events that have occurred. It was on our - The Triumvirate's - decision and action that lost The Artifact to the Servants of Talona." He pauses looking toward the group gathered speaking amongst themselves.

He speaks up to provoke silence so that he might continue "However - We do not regret attempting what we had planned. We only regret that we had failed in doing so. Considering the situation it was deemed the best course of action we could take." He closes his eyes briefly to collect his thoughts. Opening them he speaks with confidence. "The Temple of Helm will no doubt send a representative to the people and speak of their plans and actions they will take to reclaim The Artifact. There is no doubt where they stand with The Triumvirate - Which, is well deserved considering our failure. I ask that you all attend and listen to their plans and aid in whatever way possible - I too will be there. During this moment, which is indeed dark, we must rally to the side of all those willing to help." Draws in a long breath while observing their reactions.

"This is not a matter of pride or who will have control of The Artifact. The Genum Cube is a matter of The People - Everyone in this valley. Not only The Triumvirate's, The Hands, or The Temple of Helm - It threatens everyone. I now understand this and turn to you. Those of you still loyal enough to stand at my side - Not as a Brother or Sister in faith, but as a Brother and Sister of Sundren. To gather your strength and courage to do what must be done to ensure the safety of this valley and her people. To tear the cube from the clutches of Talona herself if need be and place it into safe care - The Temple of Helm." He speaks the Temple of Helm with a hint of regret, but understanding all too well that is where it would be the safest... "This is what is right", reassuring himself as his eyes burn with passion.

"So gather your friends, allies, and all those willing to help our cause! It will become dark before dawn, but together we will embrace the darkness and claim the light we - As the good people of Sundren - are all entitled to! For Sundren!" With out hesitation, he turns lifting his sword from the ground and swings it over to his shoulder, resting his blade gently across his steel shoulder guard. He steps from the podium with a hint of worry, but is overwhelmed with confidence in what friends he managed to rally.

Moving from the podium and now through the group of people that attended he thinks to himself, "Torm... There is more than a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done. With your strength and the strength of my allies - We will prevail. For there is no other option."
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Alyrian watches from a distance. "Genum's cube ... Tifton is right. Your brethren are unworthy of it, Hano Fetten. All of you."
    Last edited by wangxiuming; 06-05-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

An elderly man in the book, hearing Hano's words, begins to whisper more to himself than any other,

"You do well, old friend. You play your part".
      Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Jos'iah sitting in a corner listens to Hano's call for aid.

"Genum's cube? I do not know what this thing is nor the power it cradles but if the Talonians want it, it can't be good."

Being enlisted as a Semper for Haldamar, the call to arms and duty kindles a fire within him. He understands as well the weight of responsibility and the struggles Hano must feel. A leader does not have the luxury of inaction despite the overwhelming fog of uncertainty. It is easy to judge failures from afar.

Growing ever more attached to Sundren, Jos'iah feels the desire to help protect it. He then thinks to himself...

"I will see what these plans are. I will do what I can to help"
        characters:
        Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
        Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
        Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

You had your chance, it's time for somebody else. Hope I do not find it first.

*Sehrons wanders off*
          Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
          Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
          Well, you've probably missed it
          There was never anything there
          In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

"This man have a point, I hope I can help" says Francisco and continues cleaning his weapons.
            Lucy Majer - "Squire of ???????"
            義 - 勇 - 仁 - 礼 - 誠 - 名誉「名譽 - 忠義

"With a heart of steel riding on wings of thunder, we'll raise our sword of resolution high. With fangs of revenge and claws of hatred, we'll return to our golden age."

Comment

*Imogen snickers to herself, speaking quietly under her breath* Yess, I'll help you, but you'll never know that all along I would betray you and steal it for myself....
              "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Rellik nods undertstanding the importance of this time.. "you will have my help Hano Fetten" He thinks to himself..
                Rellik Nightstalker - Wood elf ranger
                Kennison Harper - Traveller

Comment

Gael was sitting in the tavern drinking his ale when he heard about the call for a rallying of the people of Sundren. He thudded his mug down on the bartop and stood up, a large grin played across his face. "If Er's ever been a time fer tha Skullcleavers Brigade, it be now!" He declared, and snatched a bit of parchment from the barkeep. He was going to be leaving a note for the other kin. Surely they would rally to the aid of Sundren to battle alongside their kin.
                  "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
                  Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Osclow watches Hano from a distance, carrying a small blonde girl looking to be roughly ten of age atop his shoulders. Though normally not the most intuiative individual, the emotions of those dear to him seem to almost reveal themselves unknowingly. In the little girl, he senses awe over the sight of the paladin, but also some concern.
                    "There's no need for you to worry Jenny." the bard says softly but with clear confidence. "So many people are capable of seeing only what's in front of them. They are puppets to the display produced by greater powers."
                    Several recognized individuals within the crowd reflect in the emerald gaze of the bard with his statement before his focus returns to the knight and his announcement.
                    "Hano is different though... He will never lose faith no matter how this wicked play reveals itself little by little. We must do the same."
                    These softly spoken words were as much for the bard himself as they were for Jenny.
                    sigpic
                    Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

Morpheus chuckles and walks away from the silly paladin
                      Characters:
                      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Erik hears Sir Hano's words and nods to himself. "I have pledged my service and so the Triumvite shall have it".

OOC: I've actually been unable to get onto the multiplayer for Sundren lately (I made a topic for it a while back before the problem seemed to fix itself) Hopefully I'll be able to soon.

Comment

*thinks about Lafnae, the young elf maiden he has come to care for when he hears Hanno's call to Muster* "Lathander be with me" he whispers as he straps on armor, and goes to give his aid.
                          Lately the only thing that keeps me from wishing for a worldwide disaster... is that it would probably interrupt my network connection

Kathryn Blake - In the time between times anything is possible. Kathryn's Theme Song
                          (S)
                          Sasha Mursadus - Does that hurt? No?... let me try a little harder then... Sasha's Theme Song

Who is the person who will defend the defenseless?

Comment

Some time, some place, Nulinus smiles for no apparent reason.
                            Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                            "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Working...
                            X