Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Promises

The halls of the Triumvirate were dark and silent as the night itself as Hano slinked through them. Swiftly he made his way to the soft padded floor of the training room to take off his armor. With each piece of plate removed and soon enough the soft pads under them he let out a silent sigh expressing frustration.

"Tamara." The name rolled off his tongue barely disturbing the silence. Leaving his armor in the corner of the training room he silently creeps into the Triumvirate's bedding room. He knew the armor would be safe and dragging it to the room didn't seem like a good idea at this hour, anyway.

He held his breath as he slowly opened the door.. No squeaking. He thanked the kind potato farmer Jalmar silently in his mind for oiling the door hinges so long ago. Taking a single long step through the door way he closes the door then puts his back against it. His eyes immediately fall on Tamryn's bed with her curled up in it. A sigh escapes him as he lowers his head, setting his sheath beside the door.

He begins to talk to Tamryn, but mostly to himself knowing she could not hear him in her sleep. "Phaedriel is no more.." He lets himself slide down against the door only a little bit before continuing. "She is dead, and Alyrian is free like I had promised... Not that you would know or will know, but I made that promise to myself. Not for Alyrian, Tifton, myself, or even Torm..."

Pushing himself off the door he slowly makes his way to the book case. He pauses as he slides a book from the shelf. "This one was for you, Sister. You tell me that I over burden myself and try to help everyone when I am but a single man, but... You are the one who is over burdened." Secures the book with his grasp then turns to her. "Burdened with your past life and now your second life of atonement - This was the least I could give you, Tamryn."

With the book he heads toward the door again, exhausted, but with no intentions of sleeping. He mutters to himself. "To secure the remnants of your past that you still hold dear and love.. That you wish to protect. I wanted to give you at least that much and now I have." He opens the door staring at the book as he leaves.
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Breaking through the Old Armor

~ Days Later ~

"Ignorance..." The Tormite mutters to himself pacing around a well-padded training room decorated with weapon racks all full of various weapons. "Stupidity." He snarls still pacing around. "How could I assume so much? Thinking if that I could bring one's past life and present life together.." He turns his head violently with a bit of distaste. "I was a fool.. I've only brought her pain. It will not help her.. It will not help Tifton." He pauses placing his hands at his waist then turns to a door in the distance. He could imagine her there, as if he could see through the walls them self.

His hand moves up to his neck clutching his prayer beads, fingering a brilliant white pearl and thinking to himself. "You ask me to state your penance? You ask for my forgiveness, to accept your apology?" His face is drained of anger and is slowly overcome with sadness. He lets loose of the beads letting them fall against his armor - Brilliant with a white sheen.

"You do not understand..." The Knight rests his face into his palm letting out a sigh expressing his sorrow. "A list of things that make you happy?" He speaks almost mockingly. "I have none - I have my promises and find pleasure in my memories. You... The people... You do not need Hano - You do not need a Paladin." He starts to grow distant lowering his hand from his face clutching his fists. "You need a leader." He mouths the words mimicking the the vivid memory of when Tifton spoke them. "Romance? The.. The idea brings me comfort, and you have shown me the comfort that can be found in the idea."

He grows even more distant pressing his fingers into his lips. "Even if for only a brief moment - I was able to feel what it was like to shed my mortal coils and embrace life. For that you have my thanks, Tamryn." Finding a little peace of mind with the thought he continues. "Surely.. If Balthasar is my father and Osclow is my brother..." He starts to make his way to the door. "...Then you would be the fine median between them. One who can share my convictions and still remain human." Meeting the door he fingers the handle with his gauntlet staring into the door. Imagining how he should walk through the door.. How he will walk to his bedside and sit down in the same silent ways. How he would dream of his past memories in hopes to calm himself from worry - So that he might slip into slumber.

"Even if all you wanted to be was a Sister in faith, you have been more to me than that. Like Balthasar - Like Osclow, but more, you have taught me what it is to live. Reminding me that I'm not alone.. Reminding me why I must bear these burdens and continue this life of servitude." A warm smile makes its way onto his face. "That to be a Paladin is not about depriving yourself for discipline. It is about understanding and experiencing the most important components in human nature so we can defend it. Protect everyone's right to it. The Human Spirit.. Loyalty.. Love." He imagines the face of Osclow, Balthasar, then Tamryn all accordingly. "To shed this old armor and become a leader, Tifton."

Gathering his confidence he opens the door, but does not slink into the room like he normally would. He strides in letting his boots clash against the floor and to his surprise it disturbed no one - As if they were expecting him to finally come through in this very manner. Even if they were sleeping.

He reaches his bedside and before he could sit himself down to take off his armor he came across another surprise - Tamryn curled up in his bed. She likely fell there in a fit of exhaustion and passed out damn near immediately, but... No matter. Hano smiled to himself as he pulled his covers up and over her shoulder tucking her in neatly. "You may not understand, and I do not ask you to, but... I love you."

(( Edit: Major Kudos to LH for inspiring to delve this far into Hano - Forcing me to work on every aspect of my PC. Inspiring inner conflict and character development. Also to Tamryn and Osclow for your amazing RP and becoming the backbone of these developments - You rock! ))
    Last edited by Lollercide; 06-04-2008, 08:34 AM.
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Working...
    X