Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paladin's Crusade: The Necromancer in the Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paladin's Crusade: The Necromancer in the Mountain

Word of the kidnapped child spread quickly to the ears of our knight of the Triumvirate, Hano. Taking his just recently reaquired blade across his back he sets off to the distant town of Aquor. In the town he found little word of the kidnapped child. Common-folk and Guards alike could only mention that he was seen playing with a cat shortly before his disappearance. Further investigation revealed trails that indicated that he likely set off to the mountains. Where in particular and more importantly why puzzled most.. However, the Knight, had suspecions of his own.

He was sure of it. Sure of the person behind this as he was sure of his own oaths and faith in Torm. He dared not to dwell on the thought, but maybe he was hoping as well. Hoping that the vile Necromancer was behind this all. That she would be hiding in those mountains unexpecting his arrival. No - Not only his arrival, but the arrival of him and his two allies at his side.

Vu - The Spirit Shaman. Her ways with the spirits have taught her much wisdom and given her equal amounts of strength. Though her heart swayed with fear when confronted with powerful foes, she would not falter beside the Paladin or Cleric. She was iindeed far capable of turning any tide of battle with her manipulation of the elements and blessings of the spirits about them.

The Cleric - Krinda.. Well known wife of Neradnal and servant of Ilmater. Her martyrdom for Sundren and birth of her new child weighed heavily in her heart.. Perhaps this is what fueled her to stand against the dangerous threats in Sundren. The blessings of one favored of Ilmater would be more than welcome on this endeavor.

Hano pressed on, confident in the Cleric of Ilmater and the Spirit Shaman that have both aided him many times in the past.

The Knight's crusade against this Necromancer has brought him into many battles against her on many of different fields. He's learned from this - He knows what she's capable of and her limitations. He knew that she would fall to his fellowship. The scars he wore under his armor that he's received from her reminded him of this. Each in its own a reminder of every battle, every attack, every motion.

Yes, on that day with the sun so brilliant in the sky she would surely fall to their strength should they encounter her. Hano knew this as truth in his heart as they pressed on into the mountains.

The climb was silent. The winds nor wildlife dare disturb the calm that stood before the tremendous storm. The bandits that frequent those part of the mountains were no where to be seen.. Not even a trace of their where abouts or past activities. They had been cleared out, thoroughly at that. "Typical.." Hano thought as they approached a lone weathered tree. Exposed to past winds with no mercy or protection from the mountain, standing before them motionless.

"Damn!", Hano screamed silently in his mind - He was too naive. There, in the shadows, Samantha stood with two allies of her own, all far more prepared for battle than they. The blood raced through the Paladin as he quickly reconsidered his plan. It had been compromised and his advantage of both surprise and numbers withered away in the stale air. There was no escaping now.. Not from the narrow passageway of the mountains.
    "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
    Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

The Hin approached slowly, the lingering shadows parting to reveal his form. He looked up at the hag, no fear displayed in his callous eyes.

"They come for the child." was all he spoke, but it was enough of a warning to alert Braghuru to the approaching danger.
    Looking up the hill her eyes followed the path of the witch. Settled in next to the fire studying her flesh covered tome Samantha was oblivious to the imminent threat that neared. Braghuru walked up the rise, coming to rest at her side.
    "Others approach child." "We must not be here when they arrive." the hag growled.

Samantha looked up, preoccupied with her studies. "It would appear we have already been spotted."
    The sounds of rattling armor and heavy footsteps broke the silence of the mountain pass. The paladin Hano Fetten strode defiantly up the hill, a young girl in priestly robes flanked his side, while another female took up the rear.

Smiling, Braghuru laughed at the sight. "It appears your young suitor comes calling again child." The witch rose, tucking her tome into her rucksack, she walked sofly down the hill, her steps sure and at ease.

"You.....?" The paladin gasped. "Is not the life of one child enough to soothe your dark heart?" "Where is the boy?" "What have you done to him?" "Tell me NOW witch"

Samantha cooed. "Mmmmm,...Always questioning,.... always so angry."

The woman, adorned in the robes of a priest stepped forward, her voice calm and unwaivering. "Be at ease Hano." Her voice was soft, but filled with the strength of faith.
    "Why have you done this Samantha?" "Did you not endure enough suffering when you were but a child yourself?" If her biting words stung the pale skinned witch, she did not seem to show it.
    The woman in the rear cowered behind the Knight, her fear obvious and enticing.

Hano stepped forward, brandishing his legacy, his most treasured sword. "Answer me witch, where is the child?" "I will run you through with my blade, you shall die by my sword."

"Yes, he is most enraged is he not." Braghuru taunted. "Such anger from one so holy, so pure." "Perhaps his faith is not as strong as he would believe." The hag looked down upon the gathered party, her axe grasped firmly in hand. "Perhaps I shall rip your succulent heart out boy, and feast upon its corruption?"

"KRAH, KRAH, KRAH" The sound echoed through the hills. "Perhaps we shall leave it for the crows hag." The large barbarian mused, his claymore planted in the ground by his feet.

Hano looked stunned, the odds suddenly stacked against him. "What treachery is this?" "My fight is not with you Ise." The barbarian growled, the sound deep and gutteral. "Say the word hag, and I shay flay the flesh from his bones."

Braghuru laughed, along with Samantha. Hano stood defiantly, though he realized his end was fast approaching. "Enough talk, it bores me." Samantha said.

"Yes" howled the hag, as the murderous barbarian leapt to his feet, charging at the priest.

Magics erupted across the hillside, deep scorches of flame and ice marred the landscape as steel rung against steel in an intircate dance. The ferocity of the Snow Crow quickly cut down the priest, but the skill of the Paladin's blade evened the score, inflicting greivous wounds upon the barbarian, leaving him bleeding upon the ground.

Braghuru leapt at the knight, her vicious axe swinging at his exposed head. Hano shifted, parrying the blow with the flat of his blade and whiping around to deliver a cut to her midsection. The two fought savagely, the servant of Auril and the paladin of Torm, but in the end Hano proved the stronger, leaving the hag to writhe in pain upon the bloodied ground.

He was weak, his body tired and ravaged with many wounds. The sound of coy laughter came from behind him, as Samantha stepped out from the shadows droving her dagger into his breast.

She stood over his body as he clung to life by a thread. "You shall live my sweet one, but I believe you still have something that belongs to me." Jerking the sword from his grasp she held it in her hands. "Return my shield and you shall have your precious sword, until then I shall use it to fashion me a new one."

Gathering up her fallen companions, samantha retreated to the hills. Her newest prize held firmly in her grasp.
    Last edited by The Ice Hag; 05-17-2008, 08:44 PM.
    Tis now the very witching time of night,
    When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
    Contagion to this world.

Comment

The Paladin laid against the dry mountain soil beside his two fallen allies, covered in the blood of many, including his own. The hour grew late and the sun was now shrouded in darkness. A light rain pours to the ground waking him from his unconscious state. He remembers what happened well.. He reaches for the soil in front of him in attempt to drag him closer to his allies.

Failing at his attempt to bring himself closer, he collapses into the dirt engaging in a painful rest for the next hour. After recollecting himself he pushes himself as far as he can from the ground, staring down at his hands and under his chest. Focusing as well as he could he was not able to determine how much blood he had lost on the ground.. His vision was far too blurry for it to be a reliable source for determining such. He knelled there in that position for a while... Searching through his memories for a prayer. Trying to forget what had just happened so he could remember. "Remember... Remember..."

Muttering what he had hoped was the proper prayer he placed his hand on his chest. The feint blue light emitted squeezed through his finger tips. It pulsed through his body and more particularly his wounds, mending them at incredible speeds. He sighs with satisfaction - The bleeding had stopped and most of the wounds were entirely sealed... Now what?

Standing to his feet he glances to the cold bodies of his allies. Motionless, but they still hung to their life by a thread. Hano could feel them. Tempus had not forsaken them completely with this battle. Hano walks over to the two, throwing one over each shoulder... They were heavy. He briefly recalls the weight of the Artifact frowning. "This will not stop me."

He continues down the mountain talking to himself. "No... This is not enough to stop me, witch. I.. I have swallowed the poison you're feeding me." He stumbles down the mountain in a slow pace, paying no mind to his surroundings or what would come at him in his vulnerable state continuing, "But I survived on the poison you're feeding me. I may not have claimed you today, but you have not claimed me."

Lightening whips across the sky crashing into the weathered tree now far behind him. Whispering to himself, "Weakness keeps me alive..", Hano looks to the rain beating down on him and the allies he carried, now crying aloud to Torm. "I will not falter! The True... Show me the way! I beg of you! I beg of you!"
      "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
      Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Working...
      X