Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cries at Temple Helm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cries at Temple Helm

Late in the evening, Cade ran as hard as he could to the doors of the Temple of Helm in the city. Not glancing once at the onlookers, he ran, in a cold sweat to what he hoped would be a new life.

Flinging open the doors, Cade burst into the temple and stopped. Frantacially he looked around. There, standing by a large statue in the center of the complex was the Abbot. Cade ran, slipping on the smooth stone floor. He fell prostrate in front of the Abbot, tears streaming down his face. Sobbing, he tries to speak:

"Abbo-" he he chokes a bit. "Abbot. Please, I have seen the error of my ways! I want to repent! I want to follow Helm!" Crying hard Cade beggs, "Why. Why does this temple call to me?" The tears splash hard onto the stone floor. The Abbots robes stir a bit but Cade hears nothing.

Now a bit stronger, Cade collects his thoughts. "Please Abbot, teach me the ways of faith. I shall pledge all I have. I come seeking meaning and guidance in my life!"

Cade pauses for a responce.

For several days after that night Cade had returned to the temple awaiting any word from the Abbot, and every day, the Abbot remained silent.

Once again, Cade entered the Temple of Helm as he had done so many times before. Kneeling infront of the Abbot, he made the same request he had made for many nights now; The Abbot didn't move. Cade noticed the cold of the stone floor. He sniffed sharply. The sound echoed through the empty temple.

The Chancel Choir started the vespers, there song made the very air tingle with an almost magical quality. Deus, in adiutorium meum intende...

Hearing the choir Cade knew it was late. He gatherd himself up and looked the Abbot square in the eye. The great Orlan simply smiled. "Thats fine..." thought Cade, "Ill just do it myself". "After all" he said aloud, "Why can't someone find divine favor by themselves?" and he turned to join the choir.

Picking up a hymnbook Cade started to sing, the other members looking strangly at him. Cade pronounced every word as if he had always known them...

Domine, ad aduvandum me festina. Amplus
    Helm, servatoris, excubare, magnus custodire; praesideo nobis, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Amen. Alleluia.

Night fell, the temple emptied and Cade slept.
    Last edited by Cade; 05-16-2008, 10:45 AM. Reason: itialics

Comment

Working...
    X