Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celand Amolinei - Deceit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celand Amolinei - Deceit

Celand Amolinei had arrived to Sundren understanding the area to still be in turmoil. Many events had passed that was sure to give opportunity, turmoil births many things, nothing more then power and reputation. He knew, Mask, would surely guide him to find riches along with the reputation he wished to obtain. He look around the streets of Sundren as it were with a slight smile on his face. Arriving with nothing more then the clothes on his back and a small pouch of coin, after all, to hide in plain sight is almost always the best option. He needed allies and knowing the issues in the area the guard could use assistance. He spoke with the Centurion and found there to be a problem with thugs. Sure, perhaps they could be allies, but greatness would not be born from the lowly slums so he put no heart in the idea of thugs. Sundrens military would be a good face to assist, "To be known as a helper," he thought. He went to the local shops for supplies - bow, quiver, armor - nothing to fancy. To draw attention wasn't the game, just a little credibility to his name was all he wished.

Celand, after a little investigating and... diplomacy... arrived to the aquaducts where he sneered, his bow drawn to enter, "What kind of allies could possibly come from the sewers of rat shit. They don't deserve to live," he thought to himself. A mans voice struck him suddenly "Why are you walking about with your bow drawn?" Celand turned, instantaneously faking a smile, to an armored man with sword on side and shield on his weak arm. "These streets are deadly this time of night, here in the slums, it's best to be ready I only thought." The man raised a brow as if judging Celand. He saw immediately through the charade and saw the coldness deep in his eyes. "I am, Maxwell. Perhaps you could use assistance?" Celand faked a smile happily towards the man though, Maxwell, was still suspicious. "I have nothing to offer for helping me, but experience in journey," said Celand to the armored Maxwell. Maxwell looked to the aquaducts and then to Celand. "We'll see what happens." Celand didn't expect company but wouldn't turn down a meatshield.

The job was quick as the two dispatched of the pathetic whelps that littered the aquaducts, just that, thugs. They eliminated the primary problem, some woman. Celand made no note of her name, she was nobody important, not if she died so easily. Maxwell and Celand spoke a little in the sewers, moreso after the elimination. Maxwell was a good man and as such a perfect opportunity to gain ground towards his future goals.

Returning to the Centurion, gold and thanks were given, Celand now known as an helpful elf to the good of the city.

Perfect...

The Grind

Given advise by the Centurion to venture into the lands of Sundren for further coin and job, Celand gave his fake thanks and moved on. Opportunity towards reputation and coin couldn't be passed. First, and foremost, more equipment for his journey with the coin earned as he received papers need to traverse districts and eventually return to the city if need be. A true name only given on the papers as everything else was rabble and false. As he readied himself to leave on the road heading deeper into the lands unknown, a voice was heard. "We meet again." Maxwell stood, adorned in Legion attire, with a somewhat smile. Celand couldn't help but grin... "This couldn't be any better," he thought. Celand showed a smile again that he's faked so many times. "Hello, Maxwell." They talked as they were on the road - Celand assisting Maxwell with some deserters. They arrived to the Sundren Inn where the rested a few moments, continued conversation, learning more of each other.

Well... Learning more of Maxwell.

They decided to move north where a problem of goblins had been. Apparently a chieftain of some sorts arose through the creatures and a bounty was put on his head. Celand could only contain himself, an contract, it had been so long. They were easy creatures however to deal with for the two as what more could you expect from a Guardian of Sundren, and an Elf with a bow. They maneuvered through the caves, Celand helping guide them with his easier ability to navigate the dark. He thought back of hunting drow in his younger days. Foul things he could only think as the goblins were nothing more then fodder. It was only a couple hours before the arose from a hidden path, Goblin head in the hand of Maxwell. Celand thought, "What title could be gained from a lousy goblin. Let this be Maxwell's prize, and my opportunity at a stronger bond." The head was given to the appropriate individual, a few thanks exchanged, and points on to Viridale.

Maxwell made the statement that he must return to the city and Celand thanked him for his assistance... This time however, for real, it was not fake nor the smile. Celand had slowly grow somewhat fond of his meatsh--- of his... Ally. After all, he was, they helped one another in battle and the man was no current enemy. Maxwell offered a split of the coin but Celand turned it down. "Donate it to some others, who may need, let them know my gift to your army." Maxwell nodded with appreciation. Celand nodded, a thought in the back of his mind,

"Plain sight."

Comment

To be known.

Celand had arrived to Viridale, perhaps a little work and coin, that'd be nice for some better equipment as the bow became worn and the armor as well. It had been a few days and as such there was still much to be done. Celand spoke with some individuals at a camp - some loggers. They stated they had work, but more importantly, they wanted the heads. Heads of those leading an initiative through the tribes of Viridale. Celand was pleased, stronger targets, those that may allow eyes to be placed on him - the kind he wanted to see him.

He rested at a camp deeper in the forest. If he could get this done it would be advantageous to his cause, not the coin, he didn't know who ran this area, but he knew the clientale he was hoping would make contact in the future as he just needed to prove himself.

He readied his equipment, prepared for his first target, when again the voice of Maxwell was heard. Celand grinned, "I'm starting to think you're following me, Maxwell. That makes me worry a little." Maxwell moved forward with a bow as a gift, "You just happen to be where the work is," said Maxwell. The bow was nice, well rounded, a nice gift especially considering his coming target. Celand bowed his head with appreciation, "Thank you, Friend." Maxwell nodded, "Shall we get to work?"

They moved together, Celand navigating the forest with ease, whereas the armored Maxwell moved a bit slower. It was fine, let the enemy heard this plated man, they won't hear the elf moving through the grass and trees. Which was very true, the Gnolls did their best against, Maxwell, but well placed arrows in your back really doesn't help. The arrows landed in vital spots of the Gnolls, you know, lungs, hearts, those types of things. To say that, it wasn't much more difficult to land them into the leaders neck, hard to breathe with blood gurgling in your throat. With the body laid, his allies the same, it left Celand to claim the head. Maxwell nodded, it was Celands turn, as they found way to leave the area and find a place to rest. As the Gnolls eye glistened at the fire, laying on the ground, Celand remain eyes fixed on the head. The image of the other leaders laying next to it soon. "So what brings you to Sundren, Celand?" asked in Elven. Celand turned with a inquisitive look towards Maxwell. Responding in elven, "You know Elven? I'm surprised." Maxwell nodded, "Suppose I can't have only secrets." Celand grinned, "True. I'm here for work." They finished their conversation soon after, speaking elven the entire time, before the rested. Celand looked to the stars.

"A friend huh?" He thought to himself, as he looked over to Maxwell now resting, lightly armored. He saw how easy it would be - to slip a knife into his neck while he was sleeping, to leave his head resting on the road, for those he wished to notice to see so clearly. A coy smile on his face as he looked back to the stars, "No, not now, only when needed." He grinned as he turned over looking into the woods, his eyes closing.

"It's the least I can do for a friend."

Comment

Searching

Celand and Maxwell had spent a week out in the wilds of Viridale, watching each others back, as they hunted the chieftains of each tribe. The Gnolls, the Orcs, the Goblins, their leaders were no match for the duo. They had one target left, the chieftain of the Stonegarb. This would prove somewhat troublesome, but, it was of no issue. Three of four chieftains eliminated left Celand with hope he could probably find who he's looking for.

"We should head back into the cities." Said suddenly to Maxwell.
        Maxwell looked about in pause and nodded, "I suppose. It'd be nice to resupply before we take on the largest of the beast."
        Celand nodded in agreement, "Well, yes, that and I need arrows plus a comfy bed for once. A life of non luxury is taking it's toll."
        They found their way back to the camp as Celand carried the bag of three heads. Tossing it to the feet of those that hired them, with joy, they were paid and thanked. Celand and Maxwell would split ways, surely Maxwell had duties back at the city to attend. Celand thought a moment of where to go next, "Now where should I wait?" He spoke to a few people at passing campfires as he travelled the lands heading back to the Secondwind Inn. "Perhaps.. I'm thinking to much." He stepped into the Secondwind, talking to the barkeep, he purchased a room. Thinking back to his conversation, "A comfy bed." He chuckled to himself thinking of how a bed on the ground was no different to one of luxury for him. He moved to his room, sitting down onto the bed as he placed his bow and satchel to the side. Dressing into some finer clothes he returned to the bar where he purchased an ale. He moved to a corner, dark and secluded, perfect for the night as there wasn't many guest. He raised the ale to his lips, taking a deep drink, as he sat it back to the table and clasped his hands together on the table. Head lowered as he smiled.

"I hope they find me."

Comment

A little more!

Celand waited around the tavern only a few nights. He heard rumors here and there, if one thing is useful it's definitely an elves ears. it seems he could find clientale in Sestra, but it's not who he was seeking. He knew the Sundren Legion could use assassins, but he wasn't looking to die for shit pay. He was looking for someone else, and he didn't want to delve too deep into making enemies yet, to make sure he didn't make the wrong ones. A bit did catch his ear, a ruffian speaking of work in Sundren that more seemed Celand's forte - what he'd been hoping to find was so close in the very beginning.

Celand packed his things and left - carefully making sure to remove anything that could identify himself by any means other then being an elf. He left on the road, time enough has passed, he would solidify information that he had slain the tribes leaders first to ensure best chance. Moving across the landscape over a day he found himself back at the group point where he would await, Maxwell. It was late into the night before he arrived, not hard to know he was coming, that full plate scratching against itself as Celand's ears would flick. He poked the fire with his dagger as he spoke, "It's good to have you back." Maxwell took stance afront the fire, the usually military posture, as he held his tower-shield on arm and sword in hand. Celand looked over with a true smile, "We'll take his head in the morn." Maxwell nodded back, "A little training I acquired should surely help our future goal." They made their resting spots and found sleep that night, it was cold, but the fire held well until they found themselves warmly entrenched.

The next day they made their way through the woods, again, Celand leading. Most of the other tribes had scattered and didn't take action against them it seemed. They arrived to the cave of the Ogre's and readied themselves appropriately before entering. Celand raised a finger to his lips indicating some silence as the cyan ring glowed faintly enough from Maxwell, enough for him to not trip. Celand pointed forward to a group of ogres, lingering in the dark, obviously guarding the entrance. Celand raised his fist to indicate to hold, he'd been around enough, he knew the basics of military lingo. Maxwell nodded in wait as Celand crept forward, his feet as light as feathers, moving towards an advantageous position. Maxwell lost track quickly, the lack of sound, and in the dark. Celand knocked an arrow and took aim. All that the Sundren Soldier heard was a swoosh of two arrows, two bodies falling, as it echoed through the caves. A grumble was heard, then feet moving - Celand spoke aloud "They're coming, they will not find me, but they will you. Prepare." Maxwell took stance to fight with a grin on his face, things were different now, he'd picked up a few tricks.

Ogre's came running to defend their cave as they roared, Maxwell couldn't see, but he knew there were many. As he readied his shield he could only pick up feint swooshes in the dark as he heard bodies hitting the floor. He knew his friend had his back but they were coming. He grinned even wider as their eyes finally glowed from the ring, he launched forward, his shield smacking against the club and pushing it back! Celand blinked from the darkness as he paused only a moment, admirable, this man could hold off the power of an ogre. He smiled again, but this time with coldness and murderous intent, "They don't stand a chance now." As he knocked arrows aimed for the shamans and wizards reinforcing from the rear, Maxwell held his own in the front lines. Celand had not seen a style of fighting from those other then elves as old as himself. Maxwell's reactions weren't just quick, they were precise, his blade made contact quite frequently striking vital points in the enemies defense, as his off-hand continued to hold back blow after blow from the massive ogres. Celand continued firing, second nature, as he watched Maxwell from the corner of his eye. He moved to aim his bow at the last few striking at Maxwell but then held as he watched. Maxwell was sweating but he was yet tired as blood seeped down his armor almost blending with the original tent of the red Sundren Legion. Maxwell let out a roar as he dropped his guard completely, smacking away the advancing club with this shield as he then brought a slash in what looked like a massive cleave into the three reaming. Their entrails dropped from their bodies as they roared falling to the ground, fatal blows dealt, bleeding out profusely. Celand smiled at the sight of the death from the darkness, however quickly dismissed, as Maxwell was quick to end their lives with stabs to their throats.

Celand could see now, it was a little more clear, that was not a technique of strength but one of dexterity. Impressive, this man would be a match of the field, but he was not worried should it ever occur. Maxwell looked around and could hear no more, Celand only hearing movement deeper into the cave, as he stepped forward revealing himself from the shadows. "Impressive, Maxwell, glad you're on my side." Maxwell nodded looking deeper into the darkness of the cave, "So let's find that Chieftain."

Celand smiled; and with clear insidious intent -

"Gladly!"

Comment

Working...
          X