Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everlasting Rime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everlasting Rime

North of the Spine of the World and east of the towering Great Glacier is a frigid expanse few dare to explore, let alone inhabit. It's been over two years since the great, shimmering, green aura first appeared in the midnight sky over this windswept tundra. The days have grown increasingly short here - with the mid-morning sun barely peeking over the horizon. Temperatures have reached new, even deadlier lows and the prolonged winter threatens to doom not just the flickering lights of the Ten-Towns but also the indigenous flora and fauna that need sunlight and the change of seasons to survive.

TenTowns.jpg

The people of Icewind Dale know Auril's wrath when they feel it. No one understands why the Frostmaiden has imposed her Everlasting Rime in this way nor why the other gods refuse to challenge her.

New threats grow and prosper in the bleak darkness while hope and strength begins to wane.
    Attached Files

-------------------- OOC --------------------------------------

Welcome to the kick off of a new series of adventures set within Icewind Dale.

I am looking for a party of PCs to join along for the duration of the arc. We will begin at Level 3 within the town of Bryn Shander. Characters are welcome to originate from Icewind Dale or from Sundren. This adventure will play out in a hybrid fashion, in forum and in client, as my in-client time is limited to ever other Friday (afternoon, Central US). As in-game sessions will be limited, we will be targeting at least one level of progression for first few sessions.

I am hoping to kick off this series this coming Friday (10/22) at around 1PM CST (UTC - 5). If you are interested in participating, please put together a character bio and DM it to me via these forums or on discord (@kuscotopia). I will update this thread as archetypes are filled so we can have as balanced of a party as we can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

"You suffer for his hubris." The uthgardt woman's fingers were securely wrapped around Izobai's neck. A trail of frozen blood ran down its face from where its nose broke, kicked in mercilessly not long before. The goblin squirmed in her grip, pleading with her; begging. "P-please, j-just mistake, we go separate ways easy please?" The whimpering only seemed to make Aesa angrier, her brows furrowed as her steps took her further into the woods away from prying eyes and the howling winds to repay the debt that had so arrogantly been set against the Frost Witch.

"The gods make the laws in the north, and all must observe their step when dealing with its queen."

Her words were carefully chosen, perhaps more so than they had ever been, but they also seemed to spring from her lips so naturally, like she was possessed. Was this the right thing to do? It had to be, they had been shown incredible mercy... a rare thing in the Icewind Dales. The debt had to be repaid, or her fury would be tenfold the next time.

"Please- please, you... you have good heart yes? Left the tribes..?"

She paused as she came to a rock, a slab covered in snow, only visible by its edges sheered away into something resembling an altar. How did she know to come here? It didn't matter, she had to see this through to the end now. The goblin started to realize what was happening, it knew that there wasn't going to be mercy. It kicked, screamed, and bit at the barbarian woman, her eyes as steely cold as the stone it was now being pressed against.

The wind howled around the scene, delighted, urging, demanding.

She cracked the butt of her battle axe against the goblin's skull, sending it into another daze as she stripped away what protection from the elements Izobai had, bundling them up under her arm. "Go." She said to the goblin woman, though there was no mercy in her tone; for there was none here. Injured, beaten, and exposed she had no chance, and both Aesa and Izobai knew it. The goblin's eyes pleaded back to Aesa, who looked back at it with rage and contempt in her own.

"Survive by Auril's blessing, live and thrive by her will, or die and take the dwarf's place. Either way, she will have her fill, the only mercy I can offer is that my hand will not end you." Aesa turned and walked away from the altar, her conscience weighed so much, was this right? But there was something else, exhalation, a new strength in her step... the wind's howl became a pleased whisper. Full of regret, or satisfaction, Aesa made her way back to the settlement for her share of the spoils.
      Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
      Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
      Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
      Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
      Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
      Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

A scruffy man solemnly approaches a shrine near the entrance to Bryn Shander. He hesitates with his eyes closed briefly before the shine, either lost in prayer, thought, conflict, or fear. He suddenly shifts his stance cat-like into a squat. Stooping closer, he lights a small candle from others nearby and places it among them.

He looks unsure for a moment, a bit fearful and a bit naive. The northern ways are clearly not his. But after this pause, he leaves his final offering: a small loaf of bread.

The shrine gives nothing in return save the flickering candlelight dancing in the eyes of the great wolf's head adorning it. Perhaps that bit of life is an acknowledgement: the man will be spared, this time.

Oh, now this is smart. Ain'tcha riskin the good graces of the Grain Goddess by givin her goods to the Winter Witch?
        ... that's far too many Gs. Tongue twister, really that.
        It's done, anyway. Best we can hope fer is the gods ignore ya just as the people do.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

Northlook2.jpeg

Flames leapt and roared with each surge of air from Garn's bellows. Just beyond the forge, stacked neatly against the far wall, the forge's orange and red light flickered off a stack of neatly stack bars of iron. Each ingot prominently stamped with the great foaming mug of Clan Battlehammer. Through his thick black, disheveled beard the dwarf grinned eagerly. It had been what felt like an age since his forge fired last - since customers crossed the threshold of Blackiron Blades in from the biting cold. Garn labored into the early hours of the morning - until his muscles ached and his arms protested each swing of his hammer. Bolts, arrows, and tools still warm from the shaping were added to his inventory. He would sleep well for the remainder the night, the forge fire glowing softly while standing vigil against the cold sitting heavily outside.

Meanwhile, up the street in The Northlook, a small celebration ensued.

Hruna, Korux, and Storn showered the patrons that night with Clan Battlehammer's gratitude. Spirits flowed freely purchased with proceeds from their windfall. Despite losing their comrade, the trio were joyous that Oomar would soon be returned to the holdfast to rest, in stone, with his ancestors. Our heroes were treated as if they themselves were the founders of the feast. Allowed to eat and drink their fill all the while engaging in conversations with other patrons eager to meet the champions of the day. The proprietor, Scramsax, stood rugged, time tested, and stoic behind the bar. His eyes flared with pride at the gathering. Scramsax makes good on his word and offers the group free lodgings within The Northlook for the duration of their time in Bryn Shander.

The following morning as our travelers made their way down to the common areas of the tavern they were met with a scroll bound in a tin clasp bearing the image of a strand of wheat crowned with stag antlers. It read:

Hail esteemed travelers.

Word has reached me of your good deeds and I would like to welcome you all to an audience so that we may become acquainted. Having demonstrated your mettle, I am certain there is continued prosperity which may yet be shared between us.

During the day, please present this missive to the Council Hall staff near the Southwest Gate. From there you will be shown to my chamber where we can speak freely.

May Amauntor's light illuminate this darkness.

Councilman Danneth Waylen

================ OOC ==================================
          The next adventure in this series will be starting 11/5 @ 13:00 UTC-5 (CST). Characters are expected to be around level 4.

If you are a new character joining us, please send me (@Quillpig on discord) your character's bio and a short backstory on how you came to be in Bryn Shander.

Hope to see you then!
          Last edited by QuillPig; 11-02-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

The next adventure in the Everlasting Rime series this coming Friday 1PM - 4PM Central US (UTC-6). Players are expected to be levels 4 or 5.

If you are joining us for the first time, please send me a quick bio about your character and enough backstory to explain how they came to be in Bryn Shander.

Comment

Working...
            X