Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Valintine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Valintine

A new fire star had risen, and fallen again, by the time he made his way back down to the gallows to reflect on the events of the previous night. The Tormtar was steadfast in her stances, which made him begin to believe all his paperwork was a little unnecessary. Still deep down, he knew it was better to be chronicled, documented for all the people of Sestra to see Sestran law enforced to a strict code.

During his time with her in her cell, questioning her, he found her quite stubborn, but devout. Her repeated attempts at rebutting his questions ultimately proved futile, but she had a spunk in her that reminded him of some of his love interests in life. If he had a weakness... other than the fire star and a stake to the heart, spunky women would most certainly be it.

The suggestion of turning her into a servant of Bane, or Colibrus, or even given to the Myrkullites appealed to him when it was suggested by his peer. Glancing to the stars, he knew he was tasked to oversee this process with a clear mandate. Uphold the law of Sestra, and show all those who call Sestra home, that there is swift and fair justice within these walls. We differed from the corrupted Emperor and vile Legion thugs in this regard. Here, he thought, people don't simply "disappear". Here, the law stands for something. We don't just throw people into dark cells to let them wither and die, or worse. We feed those whom we protect, and we should give them a clear standard of law.

Thinking back to the trial, a part of him wishes she had presented a better defense. Though it was true that he did not successfully present sufficient evidence for the war crimes charge, he was never quite sure of that charge to begin with. People like Kindra were not far removed from people like Landristin. Fighting for what you believe in, no matter how misguided, doesn't always mean you are slashing throats of the innocent. He will go on later, to review his notes for that charge, but... the others, which she could not.... or would not deny, were more than sufficient for the conviction.

From atop the gallows, he looks to the rope dangling beneath the beam. The image of her manacled hands, and feet, swaying in the sweet sea air brought a smile to his face, his fangs bare. Justice was served that night. He had no doubt. In her shoes, he would not have denied his service to his patron gods either. He admired that part about her. She never wavered.

Maybe her god will reward her for that..... he thinks, as he walks down the gallows stairs and into the night.
    [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
    [/COLOR]
Working...
X