Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts

The box was a thing of beauty.The rich, dark wood was carefully cut. And each piece was fitted together so that the flow of the grain made it appear to be cut from a single piece of wood. Chime traced a finger over one polished wooden side, charmed by the complex pattern of silver runes and bloodstones that decorated the dark wood.

No one was sure who has sent the box. It had been addressed to her and left on one of the benches near the doors of the Temple. She had loved it from the moment she had first seen it, the wonderful inlay, the scent of bee’s wax and lemon. Whoever sent it must have known her well. Or perhaps they simply had the same tastes.Either way, she had never been able to resist beautiful things.

The young priestess pressed her finger against the silver catch. It took a few moments, but after a small struggle, the catch clicked open. The contents were simple, a small pouch of crimson wool and a neatly rolled piece of parchment.A smile curved the woman’s lips and she picked up the small bag, rubbing her fingers over the cloth before unrolling the parchment.

Heartwarder,
    I really didn’t mean it when I said I was going to kill everyone you love. I am not some heartless monster after all. I could see how upset you were when last we spoke. And I want to reassure you my dear. Your beloved friends will not die by my hand.But, you must understand that I can’t simply let you get away with disobedience. There is a price my dear and someone must suffer. I am a man of mercy however. So I will leave your friends their lives. The other parts of them will be delivered to you personally. Resign from the Legion publicly and we will not have to continue these unpleasant games. Till then, I give you a small piece of your shape changing companion. May it bring you clarity of purpose.

Distantly she could hear the sharp crack of wood hitting the cobble stone as the box slipped from her hands. Chime sucked in a breath as blackness swam before her eyes. With trembling finger she opened the red woolen bag, spilling out four small cats paws into her hands.
    GMT -9
Working...
X