Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmutation: Dryad Experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmutation: Dryad Experiments

I am not one for dances: so to get in the spirit of the recent Dryad Dance taking place in the valley, I have begun experiments on an imprisoned dryad. Dryad are known for their grace, beauty, and force of presence -- I will test how to extract these characteristics and simulate them with the arcane. With refinement, I may be able to define an algorithm for crafting splendid potions of beauty, which will be highly marketable to nobles and the Temple of Sune.

Subject 3251
    Sex: Female
    Race: Fey
    Sub-type: Dryad
    Weight: ~130lbs
    Length: ~5'
    Color: Bark-like skin, foliage-esque hair

Experiment 1.0
    Subject 3251 will undergo various stress spells to accurately define the properties of its nature. At first, I will try extracting properties from Subject 3251 in order to use them directly in my tests; however, the ultimate goal will be to refine and simulate its properties without needing to constantly extract resources from Subject 3251 or similar to its kind.
    Ramza Xantheus "...for a meager fee, of course."

"
    Heroes need the weak to feel important. I say, teach the weak the skills they need to live on their own, to protect themselves and break free of the chains of charity and victimization. The Triad needs people to protect. I need people to succeed." -Byrun von Hellstrom

Results: Success
    It was a difficult and tedious task, but I was able to extract the very divine essence of the dryad what gives it such beauty and presence and discover a way to refine it for personal use. The process to do such will be thoroughly documented in order to replicate the process for improvement and refinement.

The product extracted is a very small amount, sap-like in nature; however, it is very potent. The dryad wilted away into a blackened husk of its former self, but I left it alive, albeit it at the brink of death. I suspect the tree it is linked to suffered a similar fate, but this will begin stage two of the experiment:

Experiment 2.0
    I will store the sample and see the effects the sample suffers from being separated from its host. Similarly, the host will be closely examined to see the effects of being separated from this essence. This will be important to determine how often, if at all, this can be 'farmed' from the dryad, if multiple dryad are required, and/or if it must end in the death of the dryad.
    Ramza Xantheus "...for a meager fee, of course."

"
    Heroes need the weak to feel important. I say, teach the weak the skills they need to live on their own, to protect themselves and break free of the chains of charity and victimization. The Triad needs people to protect. I need people to succeed." -Byrun von Hellstrom

Comment

Working...
    X