Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Thayan Gladiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thayan Gladiator

The magical torches in the Thayan enclave cast a golden light under the door of the small room which the servants live in. A man, with a messy tangle of hair writes in a small book which seems as dingy as the cloths he is wearing.

Sister,
    I hope this first letter finds you well. I am writing to let you know that your brother is in fact still alive. I made it out through that trade ship, and have found my way into an area known as Sundren. There I was found by the local enclave, and I thought my luck was all but through.

Blessing be to Kossuth, instead of killing me on the spot, the wizards took me back to the enclave and not only allowed me to live, but bought me from house Solom, and allow me to fight on behalf of Thay! Now I know this wasn't my original plan, but the wizards here are so merciful compared to the few we encountered at the arena.

I was given over to one of the knights of the enclave to be put to good use. She seems to use me to collect bounties from the local merchant guild. She is a truly vicious individual, but if I keep my head to the ground, she sees fit not to punish me too severely.

Another thing sister, the wizards have let me keep the spoils I have found from my travels! One of the wizards has even gifted me a suit of armor to wear while I am out. Though it is not what I would hope for, (Really, who puts spikes on the outside, and inside of a suit of armor? It hurts me fierce when I fall or move too much) it is nothing compared to what I faced back home. I believe that the wizards are testing my resolve to see if I am truly worthy of fighting for them.

One last thing sister, the rumors we heard were true, the sub-races seem to be treated almost as equals in other parts of the world! I got quite the shock when a half-breed took offense to my...how did she put it, "Being a complete dick." They get to speak freely to humans and everything; it is a sight to see. I have even learned a few of their names: the half-breed River, two elves: James and Shadeshot, and a short man (I think he was a gnome) by the name of Merin. Some of them were allowed to practice the arcane arts in public!

I will end the letter here sister, and hope that it finds you in good health. Know that your brother still lives, and still cares about his little sister. I will write again when time allows, until then, keep your head down.

Your brother,

-Romar

The globes of light in the rooms reserved for Thayan knights dance along the wall. A man with a mess of hair and tattoos along his neck and face writing a simple letter addressed to house Solomon back in Thay to servant #45

Dear little sister Aisha,

I know it has been some time since my last letter, and for that, I hope you can forgive me. So much has been happening here in the valley that I have had no time to write. I have been defending the enclave here in the valley for some time, but what happened last week defied all of my expectations that I just had to write to you. After preforming well in the arena, High Arcanist Sandro, in all of his generosity, granted upon me the rank of knight!

Little sister, this is more than I could have ever imagined. Never in a million years would I have thought someone like me could have become a knight. With my new title comes new boons, such as my own room! I will begin saving up the coins I have earned here, and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to buy you from your current masters.

I hope that you are doing well, and that your current masters are not too cruel. I promise to write more often, now that I am afforded such luxuries.

I hope to hear from you soon little sister Aisha,

Your big brother,

Romar.

Comment

Romar walked through the cold streets of Aquor on his rounds. So much had happened since he escaped to the valley. Never would he had imagined that a gladiator could rise to the position of knight, let alone be given all the luxuries he had been afforded. Although he was thankful for all he had been given, as he stood before the the ever-burning pyre in the middle of the town which the clerics of Kossuth tended to, he felt a the same pain that had plagued him for some time.

He had almost everything he could ever want in life, yet his only remaining family, his sister Aisha, was still back in Thay, owned by the Solomon family. While he would never think it possible back home, the valley was a place of opportunities to Romar, and so as he walked back towards the enclave, he began thinking over in his head what he would say to the High Arcanist.

Comment

Working...
      X