Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myrrdin Lythar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrrdin Lythar

((So, this is pretty much my first attempt at a...non traditional druid. Most of them in the past have been the typical "balance is everything, blah blah blah" Elanee type...Myrrdin is pretty much the renegade druid, prefering to do things his own way. And sorry for the long read...i got a little carried away with my rough draft background. Tried to incorporate him into this new wonderful world.))

Myrrdin Lythar is not your typical druid. Rash and impulsive, his personality often clashes with the other druids of his order. But giving his upbringing, who could blame him?

Myrrdin was the lovechild of one Paladin of Helm, Marcus Daller, and a fair elven ranger, Silaqui. They met in a campaign against the Bloodmaim Orcs, fell in love, soon married, and were living a quiet life after the crusade. Unknown to them, Myrrdin’s birth would not be the joyful experience they were expecting; rather, Silaqui died in childbirth, and Marcus blamed his child for her death.

He was never the same after that day. Marcus fell into a deep depression. He gave up his sword, claiming that he had nothing to fight for, and went to work as the blacksmith for the monastery and Helmites. He looked at his half-elf son with disgust and distain, saying he was an “unclean child” and often accused him of murdering his own mother. Myrrdin was reared as a blacksmith’s apprentice, and quickly took to the trade of armor crafting, while his father took to the art of drinking.

As he grew older, Myrrdin realized the world was not as black and white as the priests of Helm and his father had previously made him think. He suffered greatly from his father’s frequent drunken beatings, and quickly learned that even the holiest of men can be cruel and unforgiving. The priests from the nearby monastery were no better; they often taunted him, picking fun at his ears, and calling him a half-breed. This torment went on for years. One night, on the eve of his 20th birthday, his father was especially drunk. Perhaps it was his human survival instinct, perhaps it was his elven desire for freedom, but this night, Myrrdin fought back. In a struggle, he shoved his father into the forge of the armory. As Marcus writhed around the scorching flames and blistering coals, he cursed the distraught half-elf, saying he would never find peace. The inhabitants of Sundren still to this day talk about the fire in the armory that nearly burned down the Chapel of Helm.

Lost and confused, Myrrdin retreated to the wilderness. He decided being ripped asunder by wild animals and Gnolls would be better than face the angry Helmites. Exhausted, hungry, and on the run, Myrrdin collapsed, only to awaken in a tranquil grove. An elven druid by the name of Kuraybin stood over him, tending to his wounds. With nowhere left to go, Myrrdin stayed with the druid, becoming his prot?g?, learning the ways of the forest and its inhabitants.

Myrrdin quickly learned to harness the fury of nature, and was a potent spellcaster. For 7 years he learned under Kuraybin, until he deemed the young half-elf ready to set out upon his own, much to the scorn of other druids in his order. Myrrdin constantly seeks the approval of his foster father, Kuraybin, and often does things in an unconventional manner to prove his resourcefulness. His impulsive nature tends to get him into scrapes far more often than a druid should. Some call him “over-zealous”, while others call him a “loose cannon.” Nevertheless, he is surprisingly good at defending the forests he now calls home—often adopting a shoot-first and ask questions later mentality, fiercely confronting those who would traverse into “his” woods. He considers himself one of nature’s furies, preferring scale armors, scimitars, and furious elemental spells over the traditional hides and shape shifting of traditional druid society.

Myrrdin does not feel alienated in cities and outposts, and actually enjoys the company of other druids, bards, and rangers. However, he is extremely distrustful of clerics and paladins, claiming that their “blind devotion to an unseen god only blinds them to the true atrocities of this world.” This attitude comes from the harsh treatment he received at the hands of the Helmites.

Myrrdin’s main goal is to protect the forests, no matter the cost. The trees are his home, the wolves his brothers. Anything that threatens this, be it an encroaching city or invading army, must be dealt with.

edit: ((I just realized that this character's name is Lythar, and my screenie--which is another character from Guildwars--is Kathar. Kathar means "dragon friend" and Lythar means "wolf friend" in one form of elvish))
    "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
    Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
    "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
    Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

I like your use of Sundren's backstory. This should be a very interesting character, and I sympathize you as a roleplayer ever playing Guild Wars.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Interesting. A "nontraditional" druid will be incredibly hard to roleplay, and I was skeptical at first... But, after reading your background, I think you may have it. Then again, I might just be estatic at your character not being another rouge...

Good luck... And, one more thing: What alignment are you planning on going on? True neutral? He sounds chaotic, but, of course, he can't be chaotic...
      Character(s)
      >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
      ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Working...
      X