Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diary of a Blackwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diary of a Blackwell

A young woman sits at a desk, a small leather bound book lay open in front of her. A few candles sit on the side of the desk, giving her enough light to see while also casting the shadow of her figure on the wall beside her. Her platinum blonde hair cascades down her back, and she appears to be dressed in a nightgown. She grabs the quill that lies next to the book, and begins to write.

It is my first night here in Sundren, and my first real night away from home. Sebastian is already in the other room asleep, but I find myself still awake. I am excited to begin my work here, and to help out my family. I have never actually met my cousins, but from what I hear of them they have done amazing work in this land.

She takes a small break in her writing, brushing back a few strands of blonde hair. Then she continues.

I have not seen much of the land just yet, but I am sure I will have plenty of time to do so. The room I am currently in...

As she writes the latest line, she looks up from her writing to take a look at the room she is sitting in. The room is nice enough, a few pictures hanging here and there. But the room is definitely not extremely fancy, which causes the young woman to wrinkle her nose when she goes back to writing in the journal.

...could be better, but I have to live how I must. I have good hopes for this land, and tomorrow I shall set out and start making myself known.

-Olivia Blackwell
    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Everything is pretty much as it was before. The young woman sits in the same chair, at the same desk, with the same journal in front of her. Candles once again light up the room, allow her to write with comfort. The difference now is that a suit of fullplate lies on her bed, spread out and ready to be equipped should the need arise. Once again, she begins to write.

I have almost been in this land for a week times now, and already I have encountered evil. The first time I encountered it, I was walking through the Crossroads. The dawn was almost upon me, and I wished to find a good spot to see the sun rise. I do not recall the specifics of what happened to me. I only recall speaking with.. someone. And a pair of eyes that seemed to hold my attention. The next thing I recall, I was lying in the middle of the road, the sun had already risen, and my head was pounding. It felt like someone had dances on my temples. I checked myself over for any wounds, and thankfully only found a few bruises here and there.

After I was able to get myself up and about, I went to the Triumverate. I met the elf woman that I had seen there previously, and she informed me it was likely an attack by the Black Hand. I was aghast when I heard the news. I did not think they acted like common thugs, assaulted unguarded women in the middle of the road. But at least I still had my few possessions and it was mainly my pride that was harmed.

On the matter of the elven woman, I cannot help but feel sympathy for her plight. She has been locked up within the Temple, and has been able to go out and see the light of day for some time now. I still have not learned her name, but I will seek out my cousin Darius and see what his progress has been on her trial. I hardly know the woman, but I feel that she is innocent.

The woman takes a break for a bit, then eventually returns to write more.

The second attack once more happened at the Crossroads. Emmi was there, along with a group of others. I had recently made my way to the area after a trip in the forest with Sebastian, and I was looking forward to spending some time with Emmi. But sadly I was unable to do so. When I first arrived, I noticed she and a group of others were fighting. After they dispatched of the foe, we learned they fought a powerful undead. A demilich, as it was called. Soon after, a group of undead appeared through a portal, and I fled with Sebastian as I was told to by Emmi.

Everyone survived, and no one appeared to be terribly injured. I have yet to hear what exactly happened, but I did see that they were given some rewards by a Celestial being.

The woman finishes writing on the page, and once again continues to write.

As I stay in this land, my powers begin to grow. Because of my actions, I've recently discovered that I've gained the favor of Lathander. One could now call me a holy knight of Lathander. I am able to channel the divine energy of Him through my weapon, and use it to strike a foe whose soul is tainted. I am still also able to use my innate talent with magic, though I find I have trouble doing so when wearing my heavy armor.

I hope that my powers will continue to grow as I stay here, and I hope that I will be able to right the wrongs of this land, and continue to fight the evils that I encounter.

-Olivia Blackwell
    Diary of Olivia

Comment

I find there are times where I debate with myself whether or not I should return home. I was not quite sure what to expect when I arrived here, but I had hoped that it would be more pleasant than it has been currently.

I will not run away with my tail tucked between my legs. I am a Blackwell, and I will face my problems with my chin held up high.

-Olivia Blackwell

She quickly startles awake, bolting up from her bed. Her skin is slick with sweat, and her linens are damp. The visions remained fresh in her mind, and as she licks her bottom lip she is greeted by the coppery taste of blood. She remains sitting in bed for a while, the visions still running through her mind.

Jungle, a verdant green that illuminates the surrounding brush. It fills your pores, your nostrils, your mouth. It's the husky scent of dirt and life that pours into your very being.

Rivers, freezing and refreshing. Crystalline images and shapes sink into you as deeply as you submerge yourself into the dark and silent depths.

Finally, the sky. You feel your wings beat once, twice, and then you rise higher on a warm current of air. You're not flying on the wind, you're flying with it. You're dancing among the transient clouds in an endless game of hide and seek.

Blood fills your lips and you cry out in exhuberant joy.

What did they mean? She could not even begin to fathom what caused the vivid dreams. Her heart was still racing, and she still felt the joy from feeling the wind beneath her wings. Wings? She frowns, finally slipping out from beneath her covers to change her linens.

She would need to find someone to speak to, in hopes of understanding what happened.
      Diary of Olivia

Comment

A different room this time, a nicer room. But the situation is still the same. It is early morning, and the woman sits by the window at her desk, the quill in her hand as she writes in her journal. The rising sun shines on her skin, illuminating the now golden glow to it. The back of her hand now seems almost patchy in certain areas.

I was told I was going to be given answers to my dreams. But it appears I only have more questions, with no answers at all. I first went to speak to a woman at the Den, courtesy of Marcus. She gave me insight of what my dreams could mean, but then had little else to offer. As we were leaving, she gave a cryptic message that left me yearning with the desire to discover what it meant.

From there, Emiliana and I went to the island Ixis. I was warned of the dangers, but I had to go. If I didn't, I would feel incomplete, like a piece of me was missing. Emiliana knew that even without her blessing, I would have gone on my own. And so she accompanied me. And for that I am grateful. We both risked our lives that night, and her even more so than I. She slipped through my fingers, and would have plummeted to her death if it were not for the man who rescued her. The man who glowed. The one who said he had been watching she and I, and would give me my answers. He placed his lips upon my forehead, and now I feel whole again. Something inside me blossomed, and I still feel the changes inside me.

The ring he gave me I am wearing right now, and I have not removed it since I have placed it on my finger. I will forever cherish it, because it is a reminder of the person who saved us both. If Emiliana had perished that night, I feel that I too would have done so. There were strange creatures in that land, and I know I could not have returned to the ship without Emiliana.

But after all that, I have more questions. Who exactly was our savior, and what did he do to me? What is happening to me? I hope to soon find the answers.

-Olivia Blackwell
        Diary of Olivia

Comment

The diary had been left untouched for some time, but this evening the young woman picked it up. A different setting yet again. She writes from a room within the temple of Lathander.

The City floats. I would never had imagined something like that could happen, but it did. It was done for protection, to save the city from falling to the Black Hand and the Bloodmaim orcs. I did not witness the actual battle, but I have seen the aftermath from it. Countless lives were likely saved, but I do not yet know at what cost. I have a pass to get to and from the City, but I feel I am more needed on the ground. There are people who still suffer.

A ceremony was held today for those who fought valiantly in the war. My cousins were included in this, and as I watched them Imperatu bestow gifts to them I could not help feeling so very proud of them. The Blackwell family is now a noble name within the City! That is quite the honor, alongside with Emiliana being promoted to Myrios. I can only hope to one day do as much as they have.

It seems, though, that being in the air does not mean we are without problems still within the City. A man was killed after the ceremony, but I am not sure of the details as those not of the Legion were ushered out. It was a tragic end to what had been a wonderful day.

I know now what I need to do. I need to make a name for myself, show that I too am a Blackwell who can do good for the people of Sundren. I can only pray to Lathander that I will not fail.

-Olivia Blackwell
          Diary of Olivia

Comment

She lies in a bed of flowers now, enjoying the sunshine. Strands of blonde hair blow in her face, and with an annoyed expression she brushes them away as she writes.

I intend now to go to the Port. I had hoped to have others from the temple accompany me, but it appears I am to go alone. I have only been there a handful of times since coming to Sundren, and each time I have been there has made me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

But it is something I must do. If he feels that we are a danger, then perhaps I should give him tangible reason to think so. Those two days have only strengthened my resolve.

Avanthyr. A new beginning.

-Olivia Blackwell
            Diary of Olivia

Comment

It had been what.. years since the young paladin had picked up her diary? But there it sat still, tucked away with her things that she had brought with her when she had moved to the Port, something she still treasured. She had not given the time to pick it back up and return to writing, but she felt the need now.

The diary was easily retrieved, dusted off, and set on top of the desk in the office of Kimaris. Olivia first gives a look over her previous entries, a quick smiling appearing as she opens it to a new page to write a new entry.

I have fulfilled my dream to go to the Port. A Knight now of the Northern Watch, Knighted by Lord Aurelianus. It was truly a new beginning for me. New duties, and now a husband, as well as further personal changes.

Emiliana is no longer in the Legion, she leaving a while back to return to Waterdeep. I miss her dearly, and hope that she is doing well. It was not long after her departure that I resigned from the Legion myself. There had been too much.. too much that I had learned for me to keep up the facade that I could uphold my duties as a paladin as well as a Legionnaire. Do I regret leaving? At times, but it was a necessity.

As always, new dawns bring new beginnings. And I cherish each and every one.

-Olivia Kimaris
              Diary of Olivia

Comment

Working...
              X