Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A letter to the Exarch of Port Avanthyr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A letter to the Exarch of Port Avanthyr

Dear Exarch Malifar,

I Kell Thendon, on behalf of the Water Lords Church, request an audience with you concerning the construction of a Temple within your fine Port City. Funds are being gathered as we speak, and support of the common folk as well. I think a Church will bring much good to your City, a positive force to help in these dark times. I hope for a future of positive interaction and support between my Church and your town. Please reach me at the Menacing Mairiner.

Sincerely,
    Kell Thendon, Mystic of the Water Lord

Kell receives a short reply.

"Master Thendon,

The office of the Exarch is unavailable to take your request at this time, despite your obvious determination to dedicate land to who we can only assume is Istishia. Besides the obvious cost of buying land and purchasing the temple (which can run into the hundreds of thousands of stags), Port Avanthyr has been dedicated to Umberlee in order to protect the incoming ships from the harsh storms and reefs that they must cross.

Thank you for your time, but the office of the Exarch is not interested."

- James Fandor, clerk to the Exarch
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Dear office of the Exarch,

I am sorry to hear your current stance on a Church being built within your city, and I will inform you of your error. The Chruch of The Water Lord does not encroach on the boundries of the Umberleean Faith. Having a Temple of the Water Lord in your City would only help your City to prosper. While the Umberleeans will protect your ships, we will keep the waters of your City pure, we will parlay with the aquatic races to foster positive communication, perhaps even trade, and with the aid of these peoples we may greatly improve your fishing industry. I would ask again for an audience to plan a future Temple, and for the time being create a shrine to the Water Lord, that we may help you.

Sincerely,
      Kell Thendon, Mystic of The Water Lord, Istishia.

*Below the signature, there is a drawing of a wave taking up the rest of the paper*
      Last edited by Seheren; 07-26-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

"Master Thendon,

The office has reconsidered your offer. Provided you can supply the money to build a shrine, donate time and energy to fulfilling your responsibilities to the entire port that wishes your god's favor, and convince the temple of Umberlee that you would not be impeding on their followers, we shall duly try to honor your request.

Also, please note that you will have to fill out several forms, documents, and requests in ordinance with the Port Authority and the nation of Sundren. You'll find these documents sent in the cart following this letter. Thank you for your time."

-James Fandor, clerk to the Exarch

Following the courier with the letter is a foul smelling man with a rickety cart of paperwork to hand off.
        "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Working...
        X