Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Tink"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tink"

I spent some time trying to think of the most absurd, yet slightly realistic, bio for a character I want to roleplay. This is what I came up with: "Tinker, Gnomish Bard!"

Tink, Tinky, Tinkle, Tinker: all these names and far more are what the quite short gnomish inventor is called. Standing just under 3 feet tall, scraggly brown hair hanging over his dimly lit green eyes, he is anything but intimidating. Always seen somewhere lost in a trance, with his eyes clouded over, or fiddling with his newest... erm.. "invention". He's been around as long as anyone can remember, and seen most often in the streets of Sundren and Port Avanthyr.
    Nobody knows his real name, probably not even himself. If you ask him where he came from, you wouldn't get a real answer, more the manical ramblings of a mad man.
    Pieced together from some of his notes and ramblings, how he arrived in Sundren (as he claims):
    During a research trip to some long forgotten (or perhaps non-existant) city, Tink was accosted by three large halfling thugs somewhere along the Sword Coast. He was stuffed inside a barrel for what seemed like several weeks. When he was released from his prison, he was surprised to find himself deep within a lair of menacing, sharp-toothed gnomes. These gnomes were obviously practicing some sort of occult ritual (which he claims is "so outdated" and "bested by his technology") which opened some sort of planar rift. Still half in the barrel, the halfling thugs lifted the barrel and tossed it into the rift. On the other side he found himself falling. Looking down, he saw water, and a lot of it. After drifting at sea for a long time, he woke up washed up on a rocky shore. He wandered around a bit, nibbling on some tasty berries he found (and later vomitted). His gnomish sense of direction led him into a port town. Since then, he has been continuing his research, and constantly is trying to fix his "greatest invention yet!"

Although he really isn't a bard by craft, he uses his inventive nature to create magical devices that imitate even the greatest of bards, and their ability to inspire.

Statistics:
    Gnome (unknown subrace) Bard
    Diety: ??
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

This should be interesting.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hahaha nice a Gnome Inventor!!! Red will definatly be watching out for his new inventions =P
      "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool." -Reno FF7

Comment

The obligitory gnomish inventor. This should be interesting... Hope you can pull off the RP'ing correctly.
        Character(s)
        >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
        ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Working...
        X