Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvin Keller (WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvin Keller (WIP)

This is going to be my final version. It shouldn't change much from this...

Body Build: Tall(ish), thin. Not a lot of muscle. Skin is pale from long hours indoors, and weathered from travels on the roads.
    Hair:
    >Color: Dark Brown
    >Style: Wears it in a long ponytail behind him. Appears only partially kept.

Eye color: Hazel
    Voice: Speaks with a knowing, curious, and sometimes arrogant voice. Can be condescending with people he deems "lesser" in intelligence. (Don't get the wrong idea... He's not that bad of a guy. He can just be judgemental sometimes, especially to those less smart than him. Plus, all that knowledge goes to straight to his head... Not good for his ego.)
    He is shy when talking about matters personal, religous, or otherwise non-scientifical, but comes out of his shell for intellectual discussions.
    Alignment: True Neutral (This is final. I think.)
    Background: Raised in a fairly well-to-do Waterdhavian merchant family, Harvin became obsessed with knowledge early in his childhood. (This is pretty much a constant in my characters. Something that affected them in their childhood- How they lived, intrests, etc.) Not surprisingly, he also showed some talent in magic. He enrolled in a mage's school for a few years, but found that his study of the Weave was, for the most part, impeding his pursuit of other schools of thought. So, he left with only minor training. (I think this is a good excuse for a 26-year-old level 1 wizard ) He set out on the road, pursuing the derring-do life of an adventurer... But, for much different reasons. He soon decided on one place to settle that barely anyone knew anything about: Sundren. (In the fashion of most of my bios, it kind of frazzled toward the end. Ah well. Perhaps, with some suggestions, I'll be able to sharpen it up.)

Inspirations: Well, mainly, the character Twoflower from Terry Pratchett's excellent Diskworld novels. So innocently curious, with absolutely no common sense at all... Also, I like to think of 'Vin as the embodiment of human curiosity: The need to know without any actual purpose for the information. And, of course, as most of my characters do, I drew upon a part of me: The intelligent, arrogant side of my personality.

Last edited by Abyss; 12-09-2006, 02:26 PM. Reason: Finalization.
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Sounds interesting. Do you plan on progressing as a wizard then?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Yes. I suppose I should have made that a bit clearer... But, yes, he will be pure wizard.
      Character(s)
      >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
      ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

True Neutral Wizard? Sounds difficult to play, but if you pull off RPing it correctly, it will be interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X