Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyrants - Everyone wants to rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrants - Everyone wants to rule

Everybody wants to rule the world, but there's not enough castles to go around.

- Tao

The fiendish woman stepped carefully upon her decent along the winding stairs within the Citadel. Only a day upon her return from her crusade in the Tyrant's name and this newly shaped valley weighed upon her mind.

Yes my lord...

Right away my lord...

Forgive my transgressions my lord...

Endlessly repeated in a waltz within these walls the words would flow. This was the nature of the world the half-born devil came to know. The slave and the master, the ruler and the subjected, the father and child. There was no part of the world where the tyrant did not enter the lives of the people. It was no wonder at all to her why their god was so much greater than the others.

The fiendish blood within her reveled in all the acts of the Black Hand. Eagerly rushing out to action, even volunteering for the journey laid before her. There was no question in her mind the role of the world, the strong would subdue the weak. Yet this day she witnessed something entirely different than expected...

They stood before her, armed for combat with the Veritas insurrection. They would climb the mounted and soak the soil in the lives of Sundren's foes. Yet they stood united to protect the one against her blade. Would they really protect any victim at any cost? Would they even defend the enemy they pledged to bury?

When the madness came, the follower of lies and insanity, the one called Delirium, she was certain they would take up arms to end his treachery, but they did not. No, they spoke of balance, and freedom...

"Better to be free and wicked than to be good and enslaved."

They spoke these things to her, the blessed of Bane, so that she would carry upon her back the banner of the Dark Sun. They willingly pushed and prodded her into an alliance with her pledged foe. They saw her as a victim, the enslaved, and they know only to protect the victim no matter who they may be.

"Come and be free. Take hold of the same power that was granted me in the blink of an eye, child of the Nine Hells."

The words struck her with such great ferocity and surprise, she almost fell upon her back numb with confusion. Perhaps if she had been mortal it would have been so easy for them, but the Baator blood only renewed her conviction to what she knew to be the way of things.

"No one is free. We're all slaves to something and it cannot be escaped. Freedom is an illusion."

The madness of the man before her, the way the others blindly rushed to assist any who perhaps could not assist themselves, even the state of the world she returned to, they all screamed out loudly in favor of her viewpoint. It was clear to her why the Black Lord worked solely through his followers where every other god troubled themselves endlessly taking personal interest in every affair. It was a testament to the truth of the world. There will always be a master, and the perfect master can accomplish all things through that which he controls.

For her, life has only a single question. Will you be the master or the slave? As she walked the Citadel, listening to her "Brothers" and "Sisters" she could not help but see slaves. They bowed so willingly to those above them, never daring to take for themselves the seat that sat above them. They trusted each other impeccably as the faithful, not at all like the world she had come to know under the eye of Bane nor the heart of the devil.

"Lady Striker..." another spoke as he fell to the floor before her.

"Fetch me an Ale, I tire of walking."

"Yes my lady!"

The fool ran off unquestioningly. Certainly he feels his actions will be rewarded to bring him closer to his conquest of the valley. Certainly everyone who treads the Black Lord's halls wants to rule the world, placing in every corner a statue in their own image, but for the devil, they know well there's not enough castles to go around. Eventually you will have to dethrone your brother...
Working...
X