Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journal of Barrigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal of Barrigan

It is a difficult path to walk, the one I have chosen. I seek the best in my fellow man, be he drow, duergar, elf, dwarf, aasimar, gnome, halfling, human.....or tiefling.
    I cannot help but wonder if I am wrong to defend those who seem unjustly persecuted...perhaps the others see something that I miss.
    Perhaps the stories the elves tell of the drow are not only true of those who live beneath the earth, but also those who walk the surface.
    Perhaps the tales the priests tell of demon-powered and demon serving warlocks are also true for all of them.

But perhaps they are not always right. I cannot resign myself to distrusting these thinking and feeling beings merely for stories about their heritage or the color of their skin.......no matter how the stories may come true in all too personal ways...

I cannot tell which of the faces the tiefling Yashe wears is her true one.
    The face of a girl hurt and betrayed by a world that refuses to accept her for the horns on her head or the runes on her skin. Or the madwoman cackling and crying as she blasts her allies to oblivion with bolts of eldritch might.

For now I cannot do else but hope the first is true, while I act as if the second is. I cannot allow her to hurt or kill more people. If she truly is mad, then she must be contained and cared for until she is in control of herself again. If she cannot be contained or cured......then she must be put down like a maddened dog. No other course of action is prudent, for her safety or the safety of others......

Gods help me if she kills another innocent......I will end her myself.

Lord Arvoreen grant me strength, Lady Cyrrollalee grant me wisdom and patience, these scars cry for answers.
    Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.
Working...
X