Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Bloodreaver's past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bloodreaver's past

Before his journey to Sundren, Cruven's past was filled with bloody fights, rebellions, and even heroism. This is the tale of the past of the Bloodreaver known as Cruven Schlachten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving Westgate, Cruven and his friend Kevdurk headed east into the Sea of Fallen Stars and ended up on a small rural island containing a small village known as Royaldam. While stopping buy the small tavern known as the White Raven in Royaldam the two Garagosians overheard a conversation going on between a dwarf and an elf.

Dwarf:
    "Ya hear tha'? Sound like Real be try'n ta take over the village..."

Elf:
    "Is that so? Well sounds like it's about time I found myself a ship of this bloody island..."

Dwarf:
    "Aye, Oi would say we should figh' tha' claim o' his.. but him got that personal army tha' we could never beat..."

After listening to the dwarf and elf complain for a good twenty minuets to each other the two Garagosians eventually figured out about a local military captain known as Real and his goal to take over the local government.

When the elf and dwarf left the tavern, Cruven and Kevdurk followed them to a place where few guards were to be seen. At first when the Garagosians approached the two, the elf thought they were thieves and yelled for help, though before he could scream twice Cruven told them he wanted to help... in his own way.

Cruven:
    "Shut your trap pointy ears... we came to offer a suggestion to you and your friend."

Kevdurk:
    *nods in agreement* "Us jus' wan' ta hulp ya make ya own littul revolt, dat all..."

Dwarf:
    *laughs* "Revolt? an how da fook ya expect ta be able ta do tha'?"

Cruven:
    "Not us, our lord will do the war making, we're just the ones to bring his creation to light. You get anyone willing to fight with you, and we'll handle the war part."

Elf:
    "And how do you expect to win this 'war'? we've no weapons or armor, and most importantly the Fist has training that we do not!"

Kevdurk: "Ya worry too much ulf, ya jus' wait... me'll figh' dis 'Real'... unce him dead him men will have no choice bu' ta drop dem weapuns."

After a long discussion between the four, Cruven and Kevdurk went back to their rooms as the White Raven to stay the night. The next morning the two Garagosians went back to the alley where they had talked with the dwarf and elf. On arrival there was a dozen and a half men, waiting on the two so that they can hear the plan of the revolt. When the two told the group that there would be no sneak attacks but instead that the rebels best pray to the Reaver for victory, they were shocked. An argument ensued, but was quickly stopped by the slam of a greatsword into the ground by Kevdurk.

Cruven: "If you fools really wish to win your village back, you better start turning this anger you all contain within you on the Fist... Embrace the anger you have and let it strike down your foe, use it and you shall grasp victory. Turn to the lord Garagos and beg him for him mighty power of bloodlust, for when you unleash your anger upon your foe, you will surely have the ability to win."

((Stay tuned for more episodes of A Bloodreaver's Past))
    My to-be toon:
    Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
    Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
    Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
    Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

After his little motivational speech, the crowd roared and as if like wild animals the men charged with no care at the small makeshift barracks of the Fist. Armed with nothing but farming tools and their rage the villagers went berserk, killing any Fist soldier that got in their way.

But there was one monster that no farmer could kill, no matter how much anger they contained, that monster was Real. The one eye's tyrant and his enchanted blade cut down villager by villager, the fear he invoked made the whole revolt stand still. Well, all but the two Garagosians...

As if the battle was paused in time, Kevdurk charged Real, not being a Bloodreaver himself but just a mere berserker Kevdurk fought with pure brute strength against a foe with magical gear. After noticing the disadvantage Kevdurk was in against Real, Cruven started his prayers, all focused on his savage partner. But only recently have become a Bloodreaver Cruven's prayers were of minimal aid.

Eventually the duel became dependent, not on the condition of the duelist's gear but on the endurance of each fighter. This left Kevdurk with a massive advantage over Real, and eventually Real did not have the strength to block any more of Kevdurk's strikes. Clearly aware of this, Kevdurk raised his blade straight above his head and with the rest of his strength swung straight down on Real. In a last attempt to save himself Real attempted to knock the strike away, but to no avail. The tap of his blade merely sent the strike from instead of going straight on his head to going left, down the side of his neck and chopping off one of his arms.

The crowed roared with excitement, even some of Real's men cheered at the death of their tyrannical leader. The villagers begged the Garagosians to stay, to help train them to fight so they wouldnt need to worry any more. But Cruven refused, in his mind there is no reason to stay in one place, no need to become loyal to one group of people, the only one who deserves his loyalty is his Lord, Garagos. But for Kevdurk it was an opportunity, a chance to have his own army, a chance for him to actually have a home. With their minds made up, the two split ways, Cruven to continue on his travels and Kevdurk to become warlord of a small village of less than a thousand people, and only a few hundred men.

((Stay tuned for the next episode of A Bloodreaver's Past, who knows where his travels have taken him next!

PS: and feel free to send me a PM if you wish to comment on the stories.))
    My to-be toon:
    Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
    Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
    Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
    Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Working...
    X