Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Letter to the Home Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Letter to the Home Temple

Brother archivist.

It has been many months since I again set sail for this land. It appears no one remembers me from my previous visit. At least no has connected me to the physically frailer and red headed girl I was. No matter.

I have accumulated a fair number of scrolls for your perusal, trusting my memory at be accurate, few should be duplicates. Perhaps if I had been blessed with the the art, I would be better at identifying new spells. As it stands.

A warning spell.
    A spell to help appraising.
    One to move a friend from danger.
    Armor against the bodiless undead.
    A Spell from the lower planes, as dangerous to the caster as his foes.
    Two spells that grant dragon like abilities.

And 6 others of varying effects.

I have previously sent two spells on to Waterdeep as I had another matter to discuss, with the brothers there and a swift reply seemed to be in order. However the lich that would terrorize the valley seems not to have materialized as any credible threat.

There is one object rumored to be evil in nature, an enchanted gem of unknown type. Its possessor was both belligerent and evasive when I tried to ask for details. I will see if I can learn more, perhaps he took it to a practitioner of the art to divine its enchantments, but I fear he is well versed in praising such information from artifacts himself. As such it is the only item that may be unique I have learned about that is also of arcane origin.

I see a problem in borrowing it, as the only temple capable of reproducing it is in Waterdeep, quite some distance and time away. Its absence would surely be noted and misconstrued. It may be of more use to merely identify the owner and wait until the number of faithful in this region warrants the presence of a temple with enchanters or a travel circle. While I have participated in more than a few borrowings in the past, I feel it unsafe to do so at this time. Apparently, if the talk is true, being released accidentally from prison can earn you a death sentence in this land. Who knows how they would treat some one merely borrowing an item of value.

There are several rumors about divine artifacts. So many it seems that such objects would litter the countryside if even half were true. Fortunately they are of little consequence to the order and I can dismiss them.

Wishing I was less wind deafened.
    Yours in service Anna.

Brother Archivist,

Enclosed find three more scrolls I think are missing from the archives. It has been a shorter time since my last letter. I have decided to send smaller batches in case a letter is lost, it is a long way home.

I have learned more of the events that have been happening around me. A lich, protected by a divine phylactery was assaulted and may have been killed. It seems the phylactery was well warded against the forces of good, and several members turned on the representatives of Bane and Myrkl that where recruited to preform some ritual to destroy it. If the device still exists, I fear such a tactic as using evil against it will not work quite so well as it may have this time. The creature has been warned.

It also turns out that there may be a demilich in the area too, though no sign of it has materialized as yet, maybe it has moved on.

I heard a man, a friend, swearing in Celestial a few days ago and I was over come by that chill again. The same one I woke from so often after I was restored to life. I had cloudy visions this time as well, though no details could be discerned, just an intense cold and misty shapes moving about me and a feeling of threat. It is a fear I have never felt at any other time. I recovered after a short time.

The next day a cold wind blew out a camp fire and sent another lady off into a screaming fit of visions. I have not learned more about her or what happened but it also briefly returned me to my state of fear from the night before as well.

I have tried to induce the visions and fear though exposure and meditation on a mountain top, but the chill of nature seems to roll off me. Even the breath and bite of the local winter wolves is insufficient, a rather fortunate thing as I would hate to succumb to a vision in the middle of deffending my self.

My researches have yet to give me any idea where I might have been, that fits hostility, cold, and the speaking of Celestial, if indeed the these events I recall happened after my death and not before.

Yours in service, Anna

Comment

Brother Archivist,

Please find three more scrolls, enclosed. Skin of a Steal dragon is oddly named, you would think it an armouring spell like Stone Skin from the name. The other two are more powerful versions of one that is in the archive and one that I sent earlier.

I am finding it harder and harder to find new magic's, it maybe time for me to think of departing this land. Until a full temple can be set up in this land, or the either the Hands of Mundas or the Red Wizards have a member of the church join them, I can not see much hope for acquiring many more spells for the archives.

My personal quest for answers to what happened last time I was here has also come to an end, I am certain that nothing that happened here was responsible, and that retracing my return journey home might be more profitable.
      Last edited by grant; 12-02-2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X