Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dar'Mir's Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dar'Mir's Journal

Entry One:
    Today I arrived by ship to a new land. I will admit I was fairly unimpressed by my first moments. But then this was only the docks. As I continues into the port town I was stopped by customs who had plenty of questions for me. I do hate these practices at almost any port I wash up on... I gave him a false name and went on my way. Surprisingly he had no problem accepting it and letting me in.
    I spent an hour or two familiarizing myself with this new place and eventually bumped into a man on the street. After a very short period of conversation, and by that I mean an "excuse me", I realized he was deaf. He handed me a book before I could walk away, managing to comunicate that he wished me to return it. My first thought was to refuse. I then remembered that there was no library here that I had seen. He showed me where the city was that I needed to return the book. I wished to see the other areas of this new land anyway, and so I agreed.
    When I arrived in the city I was happy to see that it was much larger and seemingly more populated. I wasted no time entering and began to explore. It was rather dull actually but it was also getting late, so I will judge the city's liveliness another time. The clothing store was luckily still open though. For a few coin I was able to trade in these rags for something a bit nicer. When I left I remembered the time and hurried to the entertainment district (almost ending up in the sewers in the process, damn commoner). I did reach the library before it closed to return the book though. I was asked to pay a fee but after explaining that the book was not mine it was dropped. I wonder why people are so willing to accept things here, whether true or not.
    I hope to find my way to the forest tomorrow some time.

Entry Two:
    I am more familiar with the city now after another night of familiarizing myself with it. Many people have chores that they would just as soon pass off to a stranger as do themselves. I decided to help with a couple of tasks such as delivering boxes. It was an excuse to visit some new places. After a while I decided that I should head to the forest. On my way I ran into a man who asked that I be his guide through the forest. It would be my first visit but I agreed anyway. I made a visit to the grove first and the man purchased something from the keeper.
    It was then that I was told that he needed me to help him find a gnoll that he was to kill. I don't have a huge problem with killing, but killing without reason, I do. He was payed to dispose of the gnoll and a goblin. I told him I would still guide him through the forest though, as I'd already agreed to do so. I did however refuse to fight the gnoll, it was his business. We were attacked by some dire wolves in the woods and he almost fell to them. After healing him as best I could he gave up the hunt, at least for now, and so we went seperate ways.
    By this time it was getting late and so I headed back to the grove and found a comfortable place nearby to rest.

Comment

Working...
    X