Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bunar's quest for a smithy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunar's quest for a smithy.

Just having arrived in Port Avanthyr, Bunar listens to the sounds of the bustling port town. Turning to Captain Joseph Hazelwood of the Sea Sword Bunar bellows, which is usually normal for his voice, "Tanks lad fer gitin me an me gear, such dat it is, 'ear in one piece." Turning to leave he adds, "May de wind be at yer back and de bitch queens eye be elsewhere lad."

Navigating his way down the dock and away from the Sea Sword he is immediately confronted by Darge Helmslate, a Sundren Census and Taxes Bureau agent. After a lengthly Question and answer session, Darge points Bunar in the direction of Jeramiah for any necessities he may require. Not having been here before Bunar strides up the cobbled central hub of the town and after some inquiries finds Jeramiahs' Stall where he hawks his trade goods. Being of a keen eye for arms and armor he knows instantly that these goods are of the cheapest construction and made by an unskilled hand, Bunar shakes his head in disgust, "Lad wot ye take me fer? Some beggar ye kin pawn yer toy goods off teh? Bahhh!" Bunar turns and proceeds aimlessly up the street still grumbling at the poor quality when he stops dead in his tracks and listens. "Ping, clang!" "Ping, clang!" "Ping, clang!" His dark earth colored eyes sparkle and his feet start moving again in the direction of sweet music that speaks to his soul and courses through his veins.

The ambient air temperature increases significantly as he steps up on the platform and watches the smith at work. In a rare moment, a smile creeps across Bunar's chiseled stony features of his face as the smith turns to greet him. Bunar sits and talks with Foulbreath for nearly 4 hours discussing everything from tempering metal, to mining the ore proper like. He inquires about setting up his own smithy and asks for names of those he should talk with to see his plans made reality. The aptly named dwarf suggests Bunar go visit his cousin Torran at the Exigo Trading Post and talk with him for more information about the workings of the Trading post, and Bunar's feet are off and running to the new destination on his map of the area.

After having spent some time talking with Torran, Bunar finds his feet planted in front of Prospector Harris, in the Exigo expedition camp located just outside Sharahan Hills. "Lad I be needin ore, an lots of it, kin ye tell me where I be findin some?" "I be new teh des parts an wot appreciate ye 'elp." . . . .Bunar learns that getting to the ore is going to be no easy task for a tribe of goblins has taken over the caves that house some of the closest deposits of quality mineable ore. Not fearing gobs, Bunar unslings a razor sharp dwarven war axe and sais, "I be back in half a day wit ye ore samples an two sacks full o'me own. I'll even be bringin Dat Sargent Greymam a sack full o'ears fer 'is collection jes teh 'elp ye boys out." *Harris sais in a hushed tone* "Uhh . . .Mr. Bunar sir, his name is Greyham, not Greymam." Bunar replies, "Aye lad dat wot I said." Bunar's stone-like countenance being hard to read, Harris sais, "Umm .. well yes then, good day Mr. Bunar."

Armor splattered with blood and small chunks of green flesh, and rock dust caked on all exposed skin and dusting his armor as well, Bunar steps into the light of the day at the entrance to the cavern. As he lets his eyes adjust to the daylight he hears a short but furious battle and then the sounds of approaching feet coming up the hill in his direction. To the group of individuals walking up the hill it would look like a dwarven statue had been placed in the opening to the cave. When they were close enough, he addresses them, " 'ello lads, wot brings ye out dis way? Ifin ye be lookin teh mine dat ore in der I be afraid I done cleaned the easier deposits out already. An ye bes 'ave a strong stomach ifin ye go in der on accounta i done left a tone o'gob bodies splattered an cleaved in two, thruout de place."

The next day ringing can be heard coming out of the Unstoppable Forces weapons shop in the Trade Tier district of Sundren City.
Working...
X