Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The End of a Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End of a Blade

Ariel sits at the small desk in the corner of her room at the Four Lanterns, a quill in her hand and a clean sheet of parchment before her. The light from the candle flickers making shadows dance around the room like flitting butterflies. Looking over her shoulder, she smiles as Evananda sleeps peacefully snoring. Curled up in a ball she is very cute and Ariel returns her attention to the parchment, a grim look of determination on her face.

She puts the quill to the top and sighs, how to begin she wonders. Leaning forward in the chair, she striaghtens up , determined to do what she must. The quill starts to move in slow deliberate strokes.

~letter~

Dear Andy,

It is with great honor and pride I write to you concerning my time in the Red Blades sister. I have come to think of all of you, especially you Andy as close family. You have comforted, supported, and befriended me in a way I didn't think possible in an organization devoted to more militaristic manners. My thanks and my best wishes go to each and every member of the Red Blades.

In all things there is a beginning and an end. I find this to be my end Andy and am writing you this letter to inform you of my decision to end my career in the service of the Blades. Know that this is not an easy decision, not one made in haste or without carefull thought. Many events have transpired to cause this move and one most recently that forces me to take this action in a more immediate way.

Henceforth, as of now, *dated* I formally resign my position in the Red Blades and turn over my armor to Andy Majer my immeditae commander. I have already given my Initates short sword to the new recruit Mick Mevria and have introduced him to our ways and given him a brief tour of the facilities. I have also spent some amount of time teaching him of Red Blade history and bringing him up to speed on current events. I feel it is now up to him to do what he will in his tenure as a Blade.

Andy, do know that you nor any of the Blades are responsible for this decision. I do not make it lightly and have no regrets for the time spent in such an honorable venture as serving the Red Blades. Feel free to call upon me or Evananda in our room, number eight in the Four Lanterns, or leave a messesge with Mordin should you wish to talk, have some tea, or just be with close friends. Goodbye and goodluck sister.

Signed Ariel Diams.

~letter~

Ariel sits back in the chair, her eyes tearing as she finishes the letter. She knows it had to be done as she once more glance back over her shoulder. Nothing will harm her greatest passion, she will do what it takes to protect and provide a safe and secure life for the future. If nothing else. She is at ease knowing this move will and must be done and having written the letter she can turn her attention to more pressing concerns.

Folding the letter in two, and then again, she drips a small droplet of candle wax onto the folded seam, then reaching into her purse, she pulls forth an odd button, pressing it onto the wax drop, it leaves a small imprint of lips there. Turning the letter over, she wrties in as neat a script as possible one word "Andy" then gets up and walks to room number two and slips the letter under the door. Her day begins anew.
    /Kim

Ariel - Cirion: "Glasses, when did you start needing glasses?"
    Sergei - Arawen: "Nice to see you too Blue Eyes"
    Anynduil - Elrylyn: "An ..."

Marees was reading a book on her bed when she heard something slipping through under the door of the room number two in Four Lanterns. Even being a retired soldier, her skills were still fresh on her, and listening the impossible was one of them.

After the page of the book was marked and the book was placed aside on the bed, Marees got off from the bed and walked to the letter on the ground by the door.

Lucy, from the other side of the room saw her mother grabbing something from the ground. "What is it, mother?"

"It's a letter to Andy, from one of her soldiers." And following the instructions from Andy, to open any letter in her name, once there was not a single secret between Andy and her family, Marees began to read, frowning eventually and shaking her head hopeless when finished.

"What does it says, mother?" Lucy asked after realizing her mother's reaction.

"It seems one of her soldiers is jumping off from the boat..." Marees spoke it reather disappointed.

"Should I bring Andy, mother?"

"Better, take the letter to her. I guess she is not on the field today, she may be at the Red Blades guild hall or at the city watch post."

"Yes, mother." Lucy nodded at her mother and took her way to bring the letter to her young sister.

\\ Kim can continue if he wants, I'm at work and can't keep it up right now \\
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Working...
    X