Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shaper of Truths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shaper of Truths

Falrenn lay in a corner of the Temple. The gnome had been scanning through his growing collection of books, when he drifted asleep. His back pack began to move, as a ferret forced her head through the top fold. The little creature easily squeezed out of her cloth confinement and hopped down on the gnome’s rising and falling chest. The little creature touched her nose to the gnome’s. Falrenn began to slowly open his eyes.

“Renny!” The ferret chattered a bit, and only a very few could make sense of her noise, one of which was the half awake gnome.

The gnome jumped. “Gods in the Golden Hills Elina! Don’t do that!” Falrenn readjusted his glasses.

“Sleep!” Elina began to hop about.

“Yes. Sorry about that. I must have dozed off. Either the clerics didn’t see me or they are used to crafters napping after longs hours of study.” Falrenn stood and dusted himself off.

“Make stuff?” The ferret gave Falrenn a questioning look.

“Actually, yes. I’ve found this recipe for some yellow dye, I’d figure I give it a try” The gnome produced a small burlap sack and pulled out four lemons.

“Food! Food!” Elina began hopping about again. “Food!”

“No, Elina, this isn’t food. The peels can be used to color fabrics. It’s like when you peel an orange and your hand are orange afterwards. Not to mention they are very acidic.”

The ferret gave Falrenn another questioning look.

Falrenn nods at Elina. “Right, guess you haven’t peeled many oranges. You need thumbs for that I suppose.”

“Thumbs!”

“Yea, those things you bite when you get in one of your moods.”

The ferret bares her teeth. “Thumbs!”

“Right. Well. I’m going to use these peels for color and a mixture of sulfur powder and water to make it stick to cloth.” Falrenn pulls out a small leather pouch and two vials of fresh water.

The ferret sniffs at the pouch and suddenly backs off. “Ewww!”

The gmone chuckles. “I guess I should’ve warned you about that.”

Elina bares her teeth again. “Thumbs!”

“Come on, Elina, there's work to be done.”

The gnome and the ferret head further into the Temple, in hopes they can find a lab set that is not in use and clean.
    Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
    Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
    Well, you've probably missed it
    There was never anything there
    In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic
Working...
X