Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Bard's Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bard's Tale

"There we were, surrounded by a horde of vile disease crazed Orcs, in the darkest depths of the Viridale Forest, in the middle of an urgent and vital mission for the Keeper."

Takes a sip of his drink

"My three stout companions and my self, outnumbered hundreds to one. A Hin of the healing arts, a war priest of a powerful god, a mage able to summon fire from the air itself and myself merely a humble bard."

Takes another sip and drains the tankard.

"Valiantly we fought, felling the poor sick orcs one after another. Back to back we were invincible, until the press of battle forced us apart."

"Three of us fell, two badly wounded, I recovered in time to be struck witless again in passing by one of the few Orcs left as he charged the valiant Hin who still fought the remaining score or so. I regathered my wits again as the Hin slew the last of the mad Orcs. Summoning up my healing song, she and I gathered up our unconscious and badly wounded companions and began to treat their wounds with bandages and spells."

Looks woefully into his empty tankard.

"I suppose the rest of the tail will have to wait ladies and gentlemen."

Delanae jumps up and runs to grab another tankard for the bard. She hurries back handing the the now foamy topped tankard to Blake.

"tell me the part about the hin again! What was his name?"

Clearly she is unable to comprehend being cast as the "valiant hin" fighting off scores of orcs.

Comment

"Oh I would that I could Dela, but I could not possibly name them with out permission first, but she is not a he, nor was the wizard. If that helps at all. I after all am used to fighting off hordes of admirers, I could not possibly inflict that on them with out warning."

"Now, where was I?"

He pauses.

"Oh, yes."

"After the grisly battle, and our comrades back on their somewhat unsteady feet, the Orc tribes Shaman crawled to us on his knees, begging us to help him cure the remainder of his people...."

Comment

Working...
      X