Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A second chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A second chance

*Ru' sits down next to a tree at the Ranger Outpost and opens a new journal, his old one lost somewhere in the High Forest, and writes*

I am still having difficulty remembering the past several months, and it burdens me. I know Brutus found me in the forest and dragged me back here to Sundren, to the one he knew could help me - Cybil. While captured, I know arcane things were done to me, but nothing permanent that I can feel. Who is to know if something is still wrong with me though am I a ticking time bomb? Why else would I be allowed to live? What was the plot behind my capture and then release? I may never know...

*pauses and sips*

What is worse I feel horrible for causing Cybil so much pain and worry, she does not need more than she has already been given. Well, I have been given a second chance and I cannot be so foolish and let my guard down - Ever. There are evil beings out there. *stops and looks around listening* Yes, very evil beings. I need to find a way I can help. I must speak to Cybil about this, she will know how.

*Ru' closes his journal and gets up to find Cybil*
    Ru'umel Amakiir - Ranger of the Corps de Grace
    Will Smither - Imbuer of some, Master of None...
    Zelom Silverstar - Evangelistic singing elf
    Originally posted by Machiavelli
    "What in hells are you doin' with my chicken?"

*While sipping rum (borrowed from the casks at the Triumvirate) from his flask, Ru' adds more to his journal*

I am very excited about my new role here in the Valley. I have spoken with Melchior and Cirion about joining the Corsairs and I have been granted entrance to the militia. Cirion wants me to concentrate on training in weapon smithing since there is a need for it. I am glad my father did give me some training as a youth, I just wish it had been more. I wonder who I could seek out here in the Valley to train me? I will have to ask around.

*closes his journal and returns it to his pack, he takes one more quick sip and heads to the city*

Comment

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, ...

*Ru' sits against a rock in Sestra and sips lightly from his flask while penning some thoughts*

My duties for the Corsairs has changed and I have turned my talents towards wood cutting. It has been an interesting task, I respect the trees greatly and I have tried to let the woods know they are sacrificing this timber to create weapons to fight the evil in our valley. As a gesture towards the forest I have started to plant 2 seeds for every timber I harvest. Also I only harvest from trees that can survive after I take the timber I need. I still do meet some resistance by the forest creatures, and those I cannot calm, I must defend against.

*pauses, thinks, and sips*

Perhaps there is a way to ward me so that less creatures attack me...

*He tosses his journal in his pack and sets off to find Cybil*

Comment

Working...
      X