Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abiding the Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abiding the Law

Thrust after thrust came at the rather collected looking man. His hands waved and his lips moved in arcane phrases, doing his best to ignore the minor blows that his defenses were absorbing. With a confident smirk he finished his phrase and opened his balled fist, its palm facing skyward. In an instant a blaze of fire cast out from the smug man who stood at the conflagrations center. The duo of goblins managed a combined shriek as the blaze consumed them. A moment later, the flames died as quickly as they had been evoked and the man curled his fingers back into a fist as the two husks that were once goblins fell charred and ruined to the singed grass below. Samaz was a rather common looking man, but that had never quelled his ambition. He had spent much of his twenty eight years in Thay, studying under the faithful of Kossuth, many of which were red wizards. He was quite proud of his Mulan heritage and kept his scalp clean shaven and many tattoos adorned his flesh. It would take more than a few pitiful goblins to best me. He thought confidently

Almost in response to his inner thoughts he saw a pair approaching, a dead goblin at their feet. Both had concealed their faces, likely in an effort to stay secretive in whatever banditry they were likely to attempt on him. He quickly sized up his opponents and thought his remaining spells may well prove enough to best them, but he would try speaking to the brutes first. He narrowed his finely trimmed rust colored eyebrows, making a small wrinkle form on his forehead. “If you intend to sully me bandits then I do warn, you are more than likely to end up as these beasts.” He said confidently nudging one of the charred goblins at his feet. The pair halted some twenty five or so paces away. “Bandits?” The smaller of the two spoke out, his iron mask concealing all but his blue eyes. “We are not bandits, and you should fear not for you are in the presence of the gifted of both Umberlee and Talos.” The man puffed his chest and attempted to make himself more than his limited frame would allow.

Samaz smirked inwardly at the man’s attempts and spoke again. “Ah, followers of the lesser God’s I see.” He said smugly, his symbol of Kossuth hanging proudly on his neck. The pair visibly tensed. It seems I may have struck a chord.. Samaz thought to him self briefly before the larger of the pair began to speak. Its voice was husky, yet feminine but the grey hood it wore concealed its features. "Perhaps you would like to witness the power of our Lesser Gods.” She said dangerously with a few steps forward, her hand gripping tightly to her weapon and shield. Samaz could sense that they were looking for a fight, and took equal steps calmly away. “A rather fool hearty notion you have to strike against me.” Samaz replied quickly to the woman things taunt. “I am a loyal follower of Kossuth, Thayan, and member to the enclave.” He said in all confidence. The woman stalked forward and the man moved wide as if to better flank. The man was first to speak, removing his mask to better regard Samaz “Thayans, it’s you who are the fool and will be deemed unworthy of living in the coming storm.” He spoke in an ominous tone.

“Well I believe the adventurers who are on their way around that ridge might look with disfavor upon murder.” Samaz said, thinking it prudent now to lay his last card down, since his heritage did little to shake the pair. The woman stepped closer. “Dead men speak no lies.” She said brandishing her weapon. Samaz continued to back away, trying to keep her from any range for melee as she continued to taunt him, even offering to fight him without her blade. Samaz was far too smart for anything like that, especially when he learned that the woman was a “Full blooded Orc” and “Quite vicious” as her unmasked partner taunted as they continued to advance. By no measure was he a man who would lower himself to that sort of brutish game, nor was he a man capable of fighting a fully armored beast of a she-orc. He was a man of learning, and had spent years sharpening his intellect and wit, not building muscle. Thankfully as he continued to back away a pair of adventurers came into view. Apparently the ominous pair had also seen them since the man replaced his mask and the she-orc hurled a few more insults before they glowered at him and stalked beyond ultimately away from the hills.

He let out a minor sigh in relief, tho he had the utmost of confidence in his spells, he was uncertain that they would be able to best both of the combatants since he knew his wards had began to fade. He would get back at them for this… both of them. A sly smirk crept onto his features as he came to a conclusion. He had been in Sundren for a while now, and as any good citizen he had studied the areas customs before and during his stay here at the enclave. “Full blooded orc is she?” He asked the open air. “Let us see how the Legion takes to news of Talos and Umberlee’s faithful threatening death to one of Sundren’s citizens..” he said smugly and started off to the city watch. At the very least they should have papers on the she-beast so as to better get even..
    "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
    Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Long Arm of the Law

Samaz was quick to arrive in Sundren's military ward. Its many statues and architecture did little to soothe his mind as he walked in a determined pace. He reached the place that he had been informed of as the city watch and entered, taking a seat on the bench, waiting as patiently as he could possibly muster. Oh, those two will even pay for the indignity of my waiting... he silently seethed. "NEXT!" The clerk called out from behind his well guarded positon. Samaz calmed himself and brought on his normal wit and guile.

"Oh, my thanks good sir" he said with a polite manner to him as he approached the window. "I came as quickly as I could" he relayed as urgently. "I would like to file a potential threat to Sundren as well as myself." Samaz noted the clerks reaction to his words. Apparently the threat to Sundren would be more pointed a topic since the man had easily pegged him as a Thayan which the man seemed to disfavor. "There is a pair of masked heathens, followers and favored of most unsavory gods." he paused a moment for effect. "Talos and Umberlee." he finished and then began quickly before the clerk could say anything.

"The most unsavory of the pair was a Full Blooded She-orc!" His voice dripped with venom as he described the orc. He was unable to describe her face since she, unlike her fool hearty companion had not revealed her face, but he did describe her cloak of umberlee, grey hooded mask, fullplate, heavy shield, and weapon. The clerks face screwed up in disgust. "Terrible monsters is what they are! I'm sorry to you sir that such a beast threatened you." Samaz smiled. "Oh yes, most certainly disgusting beasts, and the one she was with may have had blood as you or I, but he threw in his lot with that.. thing." Samaz continued, genuinely speaking, his disfavor for orcs as equals quite evident.

He went on to describe the man who had proven the chattier of the two, including what he could recall about him, his blue eyes and all. "I trust that the creature will be found to ensure she is not a threat to any others of your fine city?" Samaz said with a inward smile, leaning closer. "Oh, yes sir don't worry." The clerk leaned in and began to whisper. "I know of a few lads returning from the Mossdale who have the perfect disposition for handling such a thing" Samaz was pleased, he quickly procured one of his coin pouches with about one hundred coins in it and slid it across the counter while leaning in whispering. "Oh, and please see to it that those lads of yours receive this... They work oh so hard" With a wink Samaz pushed off from the counter and turned to leave, his smug appearance was quick to return, and without turning back he offered thanks over his shoulder. "My thanks again good sir!"

Revenge always seemed sweeter when within the constraints of the long arm of the law.
    "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
    Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Working...
    X