Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelric Rift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelric Rift

RACE: Drow
    DEITY:Helm
    ALIGNMENT: Lawful Neutral
    BACKROUND FEATS: Devout
    CLASS: Fighter/Divine Champion

BACKROUND:
    Found severely injured by the bodies of two other Drow, who were presumably his parents, Kelric was raised by the priests of helm in Sundren. Kelric took great pride in training himself to be an excellent fighter and also dedicating himself to the teachings of Helm. Though considered young by elven standards, he is quite old when compared to the human lifespan and this has allowed him to train not only his body but his mind. Not always accepted by his peers because of his heritage Kelric has become accustom to prejudice has learned not to let it get to him for the most part. Although this has made him wary of most other people. He is slow to trust others and has few friends.
    Last edited by Revil; 12-02-2006, 05:04 PM. Reason: Modify Backround
    The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Nice choice . My character in the campaign is a Paladin/Divine Champ of Helm.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Under normal circumstances, a drow paladin would be silly. You've chosen a good diety to make it realistic. Helm has a soft side for children, even if they're drow.
      Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

That sounds like an interesting character. Probably some stories from that one.

Comment

All I can say is...

Divine Champion + Tiefling = Trouble

It's funny how no matter how unbelievable this character is... it's also believable. Guess he has a little trouble with Paladins or other Divine Champions though?
          "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool." -Reno FF7

Comment

Doesn't sound like Drow 'abandon' thier children mate. Either sacrificed, discarded, or left for dead during raids on their places etc. These are the same people who kill siblings and parents/children with no second thought.

I'd come up with a different background then that. Perhaps those priests of helm found the child when scouting out the underdark? (It's Helms wish to see the child no harm in return for any killings that may have happened?)

My two copper anyways.
            There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

For the record abandon and discard have very similar meanings. I think I'm going to go with his parents were founds dead in the woods, while he was injured but alive, giving him a scar accross his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Revil View Post
                For the record abandon and discard have very similar meanings. I think I'm going to go with his parents were founds dead in the woods, while he was injured but alive, giving him a scar accross his chest.
                Just a bit of constructive criticism but that scenairo has been done 100 times over.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Well, I'm not a terribly creative person, so I think I'll just leave it. Its only a backround anyway, and how he got there isn't really the most important part.

Comment

On the contrary, I consider a character's background to be the most important part. Without one the rp of said character is very much misguided and random at times and eventually dwindles down to nothing but hack and slash. Furthermore, if a character starts with a weak, or generic background they have few to no goals in their playable lives making them boring for the player towards the higher levels as they have nothing worthwhile to rp proactively. Instead the player ends up waiting for things to happen so that they can react. It is always better to be able to generate rp yourself if there's none to be found, after all.
                    -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

Kelic Rift(New and Improved)

Alright taking comments and criticisms in mind I have created I new backround which I feel is much better overall. So fire away.

RACE: Drow
                      DEITY:Helm
                      ALIGNMENT: Lawful Neutral
                      BACKROUND FEATS: Devout
                      CLASS: Fighter/Divine Champion

BACKROUND:
                      Kelric's parents were part of a small surface dwelling colony of Eilistraee worshiping drow that was decimated by their underdark counterparts. Narrowly escaping execution his parents fled with him to the developing land of Sundren. Deciding that he was slowing them down, his parents left him with the priests of Helm in the city of Sundren. Kelric took great pride in training himself to be an excellent fighter and also dedicating himself to the teachings of Helm. Though considered young by elven standards, he is quite old when compared to the human lifespan and this has allowed him to train not only his body but his mind. Not always accepted by his peers because of his heritage Kelric has become accustom to prejudice has learned not to let it get to him for the most part. Although this has made him wary of most other people and slow to trust others, making him few friends. With only faint memories of his parents and what little the preists of Helm knew, Kelric seeks any information he can about other drow sighted in the area convinced that his parents may still be alive and within the relm of Sundren.

Comment

Working...
                      X