Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stone Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Dragon

A deep rumble of vibrations deep within the young dwarf's chest sent his meditating mind tunneling back in time.

Before him stood his Daimyo. For him, Madragonahan would do anything. He was, after all his reason for existance. If Dansuro Sama had not seen fit to rescure him he would be long dead in a salt mine, his bones used for pickhandles.

It wasn't this fact alone however. Madragonahan had found through study and training, the most complete sense of loyalty he had ever known. More even than the bond he felt between his kinsmen. I his life he had met very few of his kind, and his original family was but a shodow of a memory. Even so, with the few he had met, he had felt immediate bonds with each and every one of them. Bonds that easily spanned the vast ocean over which he had voyaged.

I his thoughts he was trying to reconcile these two emotions. Devotion to once lord and master and a call to kinship. Individually the two emotions were so incredibly strong. What would it be like when the two were one?

It was a question that would soon be answered.

Dansuro's words from that time long ago seemed to give the warrior comfort.

"I have a favor to ask of you, Madragonahan." In fifty years, the now grey Dansuro had NEVER ask a favor of any of his men.

The young dwarf stared for a moment utterly uncomprehending. Then responded with trepidation. "My life, as always is your's to command my Lord."

The old man smiled. "That is what I intend on asking of you." the young dwarf furrowed his brows, clearly his confusion growing.

"I have a considerable debt that remains tied to me even as I prepare to journey onward." He continued. "I have found in the calm, that you are the only one who can settle this matter."

"My lord, I will do what ever is neccesary." Madragonahan said firmly.

"Please hear me out, for what I ask of you, should never been ask of any samurai. Your loyalty, to me, has been steadfast and true. Will you now be released from your oaths to me and swear to another? In doing so you will free my of my life's debt and help me to pass from this life in peace."

A long silence followed. Madragonahan unable to answer, barely able to comprehend.

"The man I am asking you to serve is unlike any other, the true measure of his quality is beyond mortal knowing. His name is Kilinar Klenk. He was the one responsible for saving my wife and son during the Tenshu raids, back when you were still very young."

The old man had to stop for a fit of coughing. Then continued.

"He is a lord of sorts among his own clan... a clan of dwarves."

Madragonahan had never seen an entire clan of dwarves before. Well he knew they existed but there were none that he new of. What would it be like among so many dwarves.

The curiousity was plain in his eyes, at least to the old daimyo.

"Will you, Madragonahan, carry out this, my final request?" He asked.

"Yes Lord, it would be my honor to serve you this one last time." Madragonahan finally answered.

His breath began to return to normal along with his thoughts. The last remnants of the vibration in his chest would soon fade from corporeal form. He knew now that everyting would be right. That this new daimyo would be an honor to serve and that his greatest friend would soon rest easy.

"This land is so unlike my home, Klenk Lord." explained Madragonahan.

The ever patient Kilinar Klenk sat before the young samurai's latest report.

"The haste with which matters of great import are dealt with astounds me." He continued. "They jump about as if the Stygian were on there heals eternally."

He was opinionated sure but he was thorough to be certain, Kilinar mused. He carried out every order, and that is the way Madrag interpreted every request, with unwavering precision.

Kilinar snapped out of his musing as he caught something of interest.

"...sairs have a surplus of ores and the like and would be interested in negotiating contract with the Skullcleavers. I bade Maser Cirion that I would speak with you on this matter." His brows draw down as he finished.

"We also touch on the matter of ill rumors circulating about the valley. Rumors that paint the Skullcleavers as mere brigands." Hurt and confusion apparent in his manner.

"This rumor says that we disregard the safety of citizens and..." struggles with the word. "..rape and plunder the land for our own ends." He finishes in a rush.

"What does Klenk Lord advise, my services are ever at your disposal, Klenk Lord."

Madragonahan stands awaiting his masters orders.

Comment

The well kept dwarf, his braids tight, and nails manicured thought deeply for a time before responding.

"You have done well Madragonahan" Klenk said calmly with a minor nod to accentuate and give recognition as often those in Madragonahan's realm of Faerune did. "Regarding Cirion and the ore." He began evenly "A surplus of ore is of interest, and I would see more details of this before I am to offer any sort of a dealing." He said calmly and connected the tips of his fingers to form an A. "If I am able to meet with Cirion on the matter I will sort out the details. However if you are to meet with him again before I am able, please communicate to him that we would be glad to do business for ores that we are lacking, but until the amount and quality of the ore has been discussed or documented that we are unable to give any promise of dealings."

He brought his pale blue eyes from focusing on the pitch of his fingers tips to the dwarf sitting before him. "In regard to those who besmirch our name I would appreciate any information you are able to gather on this. It's not the first I had heard of it, tho I was hoping the matter may resolve itself. He cleared his throat and then continued. "I would not like for our brethrens hard work and dedication to be rendered mute by the wails of a few misguided people." He lowers his hands to the table and looks intently into Madragonahan's eyes. "Whoever passes these rumors may well be connected to those who think less of our dealings with the Exigo or they may also be connected to the other evils of Sundren.

Be vigilant and take care when following leads as well, not only for your safety, but we wish not to give any reason for the people to further believe any word against us. If you are to question anyone do it with the utmost of respect and caution as I trust you always conduct yourself while bearing my seal." He finished with the flourish of a smile and a reassuring hand placed on Madragonahan's forearm. "We'll get this all sorted soon enough."
      "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
      Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Working...
      X