Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spirituality of Sestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirituality of Sestra

Cybil talks to a crowd of Ilmatari faithful and others that come to hear.

"Some have said that the Triumvirate is tucked away in a comfortable city Temple somewhere. You know this isn't the case. We know the matter is much more subtle than that. There are Ilmatari here in Sestra, and many of us are here, out everyday, getting our hands just as dirty as you. We are helping you rebuild your lives. Do we have the right, or do we expect to have the right to tell you what to do?" She pauses, looking at those around. "Of course we don't. As with any religion, we are her to advise, and guide. Can we keep people from signing up to hazardous and potentially deadly situations? No. We understand you need money to survive in the future."

"Instead of offering you token handouts, we have been by your side since soon after your initial exile from your own town. The Red Blades took you into Mirakus Post, and defended you. You're own Corsairs helped them. We came to you in peace, and offered you help in your time of need, and you've picked yourselves up; we didn't do that for you, we offered a hand, and helped you find the inner strength you needed to survive. Hold onto that strength still and remember who it was the helped reclaim your town."

"The Legion," again she waits for the grumblings to die down. "You felt abandoned, alone and cut off from the rest of Sundren, but they came to your aid in force. The Red Blades, they helped you flee the Wort and protected you from the army that came. Many Adventurers risked their lives to exterminate the army; druids and rangers came out of the Virdale on hearing the call. And they gracious Thayans sent two able wizards." From the sound of her voice it is difficult to tell wether the last sentence is meant as a compliment or a critisim.

"We will survive with our own solutions if need be; I have made this town my home now, you are my family, and I will continue to help and aid you as any good daughter would." She quietly gets down and offers the attendees a small meal and gathering.
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

The rag-tag gathering exudes a cautious hope and gratitude toward the Ilmatari for her efforts. The crowd nods along with her words. Their trust and respect toward Cybil reinforced through her continuous efforts on their behalf. At the mention of Thayans, many sideways glances are exchanged throughout the crowd. The people note the ambivalence and tension in her voice. As Cybil requests, the people join her for a meal, avoiding the topic as they break bread together. The conversations turn to more neutral subjects as the meal is shared.
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

During recent events, Cybil speaks again to the people of Sestra, and any travellers on the road.

“A long time ago a man went to see a sage about his fishing pond. As he approached, the old man, not turning told him to stay still while he asked some questions. The man did as he was told.”

“Tell me about yourself young man, what is your character like?”

“My neighbours say that I’m a man of impeccable character, that when I say something, everyone listens. I’m respected and revered, more so because I tell people what’s what!”

“What do you mean by that? Do you talk about others that are not there to defend themselves?”

“Well, only when it’s needed. I try to make sure that everyone knows what is going on and...”

“Even if you haven’t seen the action yourself?”

“Well... yes, people need to know.”

“I see. What brings you to me today?”

“My fish pond, it’s seems my fish aren’t getting that big, I need something to help them along.”

“I see. Take a few minnows from my pond, and put them in yours, it will help the big ones out as much as you deserve.”

“With that, the man left with his minnows. For some time, it seemed his fish were getting bigger, until one day he noticed that he had no more of his fish left, and only minnows remained, gorging on the algae. Infuriated, he went back to the sage.”

“Your damn minnows ate my fish out of the pond!”

“Really? That must be just like your spreading of rumours ruined the good reputations of the people you told about.” With that, the sage closed the door on his young friend, leaving him to think."

After the sermon, she breaks bread with the crowd and shares a meal.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
      Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Cybil speaks to the gathered crowd before the usual meeting and worship. Although perched slightly on a hill, she doesn’t speak down, but out toward the people; extending her hands slightly as if they could all reach out and take solace.

“The recent events have us all disturbed. Monsters have invaded your home before, and there was little help. They took your land, displaced you and forced you to live in conditions that you should not have been forced into. But we came back. We fought back, and we drove them out of our homes, out of our fields and out of our town.

“The Hero of Westgate was here the other night; alongside your Brothers, Sisters, Fathers and Sons and Daughters. These monsters came in the night, under the veil of the darkness in which they live, but they were driven back or slaughtered. They came from the Necropolis, from the bowels of the warrens of the Dark Advent. They tried to overcome those they thought were weak, frail, and unable to defend themselves... they were wrong.

“Strong hearts, and deep faith is what is required in the coming days. The Dark Advent will fail in their attempts. Why?” She looks around at the still frightened crowd. “They suffer the same fallacy that all those with black hearts suffer; overconfidence in their own abilities. They do not have faith in their gods the same as we do; they serve them, yes, but they fear them and think that they only way to placate is to act in force, aggression and terror. Little love is shown by those with black hearts. Faith is the Bastion of Hope. Courage, is simply fear that has said it’s prayers. There are things that go bump in the night, make no mistake.” She scan’s the crowd with a smile and a slow nod as she speaks the last line with cold, even determination. “But we... bump back!

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

Fidelity

During the usual blessings of the week, the Tall, blond-grey haired woman dressed in blue with kind and caring eyes addresses those gathered before the traditional small shared meal with those present.

"We must remember fidelity to those that we have pledged ourselves to. This is not to say that we cannot pay homage and respect to others. I follow and try to live up to the ideals of the Crying God. Many of this town follow the Great Mother."

"Keep the values you've held dear to your heart there. Although sometimes it is tempting to change the path you have before you to follow another path. It may not be in your interests to switch your allegiance without first deep, and solemn thought. Pay your respects as they should be payed, but keep your heart your own, and try not let it be swayed easily"

Cybil Gelley (Retired)

Comment

“Beautiful”

The idea of a man steps from the shadows, clapping a slow, loud beat.

“I think we can all learn from the fair lady here. We can all learn a valuable lesson indeed.”

“The lady is quite right you see, terrible things can happen to religions and groups who decide to force themselves upon a place. Nasty things can happen to those who decide to stray from their proper flock, to that of some interlopers.”

The man pauses for a moment, inspecting his grubby fingernails.

“The way I see it, there’s still a chance. Take those who’ve meddled and interfered. Those who’ve brought you nothing but failure and death. Cast them over the bridge or out of town. See them gone. Remember who you are faithful to, whose land you’ve worked and whose blessings, until you turned your backs on her, you where happy to receive.”

He smiles a toothy smile, keeping a respectful distance from Cybil.

“So pay your respects, but remember whose path you truly walk, whose path it was before the interlopers came praying on your souls. Perhaps when you remember your true faith, your harvests might once again be bountiful.”

With this he steps back into the shadows, and with a noise like an amateur butcher, is gone.
            Eira Skald - Icy bitch.
            Karsten Mannerheim - Idealist and murderer.
            Vincent Hopkins - Witch Hunter and man of faith.
            Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
            Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.

Comment

Working...
            X