Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmys Den-How to play the card game

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmys Den-How to play the card game

Well, I have played a few games with some other people (mainly Lida) on the table in Jimmys Den. I hope this helps you if you don't know how to play or even understand the game.

First of all choose your dealer and sit down on the seats.
    Start off with at least two of you sitting at the table and you will have the screen in the top right corner of your screen. First of all click the central button which should be Board/Table. This will open a small button below it saying table (This refers to what cards are being shown to all playing on the 'table') This is mainly used for your chosen dealer.

Secondly, click your own name and the others at the table. Then more buttons appear under there. These show different things. The 'hand' shows how many cards the player has, and the 'table' button shows the cards that they are showing to the rest of you.

Thirdly, let the elected deal RP 'deals' or something on them lines. You then click the 'hand' button under your name (for this example click twice for two cards - This can be used for Blackjack and 'Texas hold 'em. When you click twice you can see both your cards. If you look to the other people 'hand' buttons it will show the amout of cards you have. (For this example they should also have two)

After this you can say whether your in (Texas hold 'em) or whether to 'hit me' or 'stick' (Blackjack). In blackjack the dealer may RP 'give card to X' or whether to ask the person to show there cards if they stick. To show your cards click the small arrow next to your cards which when hovered over says 'Play a card'.
    START OF DEALING: If you are playing (Texas/Sundren Hold 'em) then the dealer clicks the 'Table' button underneath the 'Board' button 3 times at the start then waits for the players to either - Bet (X amount of money), Call (Only if someone has bet can you call it - if all people call one person bet then it goes to the next stage), Raise (Raise X amount - Obvious, they raise more money onto the already set amount, the game can keep being raised until all call on persons bet), or stick (Where if all stick then it goes to stage 2, if one person bets, then all have to call the bet or raise or fold-Leave game)
    SECOND STAGE: The next stage after all have called a bet, the dealer clicks the 'table' button under the 'Board' button again to display a fourth card. The first satge then happens again with a bet, raise, or everyone calls the bets, unless all 'stick' which means the money from the first round is the same.
    THIRD STAGE: In this stage the dealer clicks the table button under the board button to reveal the last card. The bets can then come again until everyone has called, folded or all have stuck with the same money from earlier rounds. Then the dealer calls all to 'show cards' and all show. You then determine who wins and who owes who the money before going to a new round.

To put the cards back to the dealer, you must right-click the cards you have and the dealer must right click the cards under the board/table button until all cards are gone and the dealer shuffles again.

The Best hands to the worst (Note: the suits for Sundren cards are simply the pictures on them.)

http://www.playwinningpoker.com/poker/hands/

Hope this helps all who want to play but can't, have fun, and thanks to the team for making the whole system work : )

Dune

(Not checked for grammar as I really need to sleep soon)
    Originally posted by Lollercide
    Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Thanks, I presume it was Takhla who inspired the thread
    Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Nice, after a few frustrating rounds of thinking it was black jack...I figured, "awesome, at least I look like I am really sitting in this chair."

Kudos
      Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

"may your experience here be legendary." - Ipsissimus

Comment

Er, someone asked for a tutorial in the forums, but yes, Taklah and her face of confusion was an inspiration
        Originally posted by Lollercide
        Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

I managed to sit down and promptly lose 130 gold in about 5 minutes the other night. That pretty closely parallels my real life, so I think the system works just fine...

Comment

Good work on the How-to . It has really been much livelier in jimmy’s lately. I always figured my character as one who hanged around there so it’s nice that there are some people there to play with.

Comment

Thanks for the writeup, stickied.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

RP rolls for facial expression? perhaps will save or something.
                or perhaps that's a bad idea... would make everything really confusing.
                *shrugs*
                Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
                  RP rolls for facial expression? perhaps will save or something.
                  or perhaps that's a bad idea... would make everything really confusing.
                  *shrugs*
                  Ugh, people already make too many dice rolls.
                  -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

I used the bluff skill once. My roll was less than impressive, and my opponently correctly called me on it. I guess the real test of his RP commitment would have been whether or not he would have folded if I'd made a good roll.

Comment

If this turns into another dice roll thread, I'm going to ban people. People can roll whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                        If this turns into another dice roll thread, I'm going to ban people. People can roll whatever they want.

Did he roll a bluff roll for that post?

Anyway, thanks for the post up of how it works, I need to learn it at some point
                        "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

HMM ... so I can play poker in Jimmy's?
                          WOW
                          What about Sundren Poker Tournament one day?
                          KociPazur
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X