Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roleplaying Your Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplaying Your Stats

All players are expected to roleplay the statistics that they chose for their character.
    • Low Strength characters do not have bulging muscles
    • Low Intelligence characters can not make brilliant plans, or solve difficult riddles, or perform basic maths.
    • Low Wisdom characters do not have foresight, or temperance.
    • Low Charisma characters are not pleasant to look upon, or interact with, at any time.

Because Charisma is the stat that most players ask about in these discussions, I'm going to focus on that:
    Charisma measures a character's personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance.
    There are no "or's" in that sentence.

If you want to roleplay any of those descriptors as being above average, your score must be above average.

If your score is below average all of those descriptors are below average.

The same goes for any other skill, but Charisma is the one that is most often used as a dump stat, while the character description is of a handsome, beautiful, or otherwise not repulsive character.

You chose your character's statistics. You are expected to roleplay them accordingly.

The mechanical example is this:

With an 8 Dexterity, you don't get to say, "I'm a great marksman, +1 to my ranged attacks, but I can't dodge worth shit, -1 AC."

If you want a positive trait, you need a positive score.

Comment

The number of drop dead gorgious, curveasious, attractive women in sundren is truly asstounding especially when there are so very very few ugly or plain ones....
      Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
      Cybil Gelley (Retired)
      Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Playing your faults can be just as fun as playing your strengths. Some of my favorite characters have been complete ignoramuses or smelly dudes with speaking issues. Highlighting your faults in your role play can bring in some interesting interaction between your character and others which could make things more entertaining for both sides. Have a 8 con? Well, iron man has a heart condition doesn't he? Get creative, make things up, role play. Be highly scarred or missing a piece of your face with your 8 charisma. If you need help deciding negative characteristics to add to your character because you want to dump a certain stat, let us know. I'm sure both the staff and community would be down with voicing their suggestions.

On a side note, all my real life stats are 22.
        "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
          On a side note, all my real life stats are 22.
          I suffer from the same infliction. To make matters worse, I wear +4 gear in RL too.
          Cheers!

Comment

*bump*

Please attempt to play your character sheet. Your dump attributes should be played, not just your maxed ones.
            "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
            X