Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who plays Left 4 Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who plays Left 4 Dead?

steam name kirrund
    Kaseira Kinthala - Bardess
    Click for Bio

Hmmm, shame I got it on the 360 isnt it?

Ive got Team Fortress 2 on the PC, I was once considered 76th in the world (yes, my only came to fame and it lasts less than six hours).
    If any of you play on the Xbox; My gamertag in the same as my name here minus the spaces
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I play, but on 360 like ToN.
      I got one leg missin'
      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
      Meet the Feebles

Comment

I have steam but I dont play that much becasue of NWN.. BUt I am adding you.
        "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/126/rwee.png <-- New home.

Ju'eir- http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6286/sdfsdf.png
        The power of the hunt.

Comment

I have it on both, though my skill rest on my 360 controllor, which isn't in any way hooked up to my PC yet.
          Currents:
          Nothing yet.

Forgottens, as time has slip, so have they.
          Varnz Fury - Born again Druid
          Luke Harper - Seadog of the Sea.

Comment

I have a team, but I don't mind playing with anyone. I'll even help out new players with tips/tricks if they want.
            Click for Bio

Comment

BOOMER! *runs like a girl* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! *X_X*
              Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
              -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
              -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
              -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
              - Done -

Comment

Narse and I play with our father. We three work well as a team. We have decided to take our first steps into Hard difficulty mode.

Any advice?

And don't just say 'don't die'. :P lol
                sigpic
                Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

You mean expert mode?

The way I did it is to go about in 'zombie mode' on your own server to find breakable walls, once you've found them all you will know which 'arnt' breakable and then you can hole yourself up, back against a wall and never be touched!

The repeater shotgun is the weapon to have!

*edit* imho, this is pretty much saintly wisdom...
                  Originally posted by roguethree
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Well whether playing versus or campaign, some basic rules apply.

Melee: Typically you have about 5 consecutive swings until you start getting a cooldown, so you want space them out if you're in a corner. Melee only enough to knock things away so that you can shoot them. Never point blank shoot unless that is your only option, as most of the time you'll still take lots of damage, and the entire game is based around reducing damage as much as possible. Because you will take damage going through the map, regardless. Yes, I know it seems simple, but most people don't think of it like math.

Because of the above mentioned, this is also why its important to be in a corner, bathroom, or chokepoint, because if you're out in the open and zombies swarm you, you'd better not let them actually get up on you because once they're in your face from all sides, unless you have immediate help, you'll probably end up taking a significant chunk of damage based on the fact that you can't melee them all off fast enough anymore because of the cooldown timer (before last patch, this was not a problem). Also spin and melee. Don't waste those swings on just one direction.

Danger zones: Always know the danger zones of every area. If you're playing a map, then in that case as you run through it you should be able to identify danger zones within a half a second. Quick thinking is critical. For example:

We're getting to the end of a building, exiting onto the street. Is there a roof above? No. Okay, immediately I know to watch out for boomers, high damage pounces, and smokers from up top. Is there a roof I can run to? If so, that would be the go-to place in case a swarm comes. Are there any windows, ledges, or places to fall from? If so, stay away from those places. Where can the smoker stand to pull me off? If I duck, can the smoker still get me? My friend has fallen, and I'm going to pick him up, but I know there's a smoker nearby, so I'll want to pick up my friend from the safety of behind cover instead of around the corner, in the open (too many people make this mistake).

Simple quick thinking like this and identifying places within a second places where you'll die or take tons of damage is critical. Especially in versus, and especially if you know these are good places where you always want to jump survivors.

Sound: Sound is extremely important in the game. Playing without sound is really dumb. Don't be that dumb guy. Listen for key sounds of special infected. If you hear a boomer, listen to what direction its coming from, immediately look for what would be good boomer hiding places. This is especially important in versus. I can't say how many times I or another have been accused of 'aimbot' because we shot a boomer through a wall as soon as he spawned, because A) you're not that innovative in thinking that you're the only person that uses that spot for a boomer and B) we heard you. Don't just run blindly through. Think while moving.

Spawn counting: This is important no matter versus or campaign. Pay attention to what is killed and when. There can only ever be one boomer at a time, three hunters at the most, one smoker at a time, or one tank. Example:

No mercy 1, in the house before running across the street, passed the car alarm, down into the subway.

A boomer attacks, you kill him. While fending off the horde, a hunter attacks. He dies. Keep up with it now, you've just killed a boomer and a hunter. That means either 2 hunters, or 1 hunter 1 smoker left. Rush it while you outnumber them. Always use cover to your advantage until an attack, and then rush through hard-to-defend areas while the enemy is on respawn.

If everybody is in trouble, because their whole team just attacked, but they're all dead, rush it. Make as much distance as you can, don't stop to heal up right then. Heal up in safer, easily defended areas. The reason for this is because while you spend your time healing in a bad place, they're respawning. When they respawn, they attack you again because you spent your time healing instead of getting to a better area. Now you're in the exact same position again. If you had made it to a better area first, then healed, you could easily fight off any possible attacks, healing, before moving on.

Conversely, on versus, think about this and stall. If your teammate just got a good puke on them, and a hunter knocked one down and died, rushing in to help the attack may not be the best thing. Let that survivor stay down, let the horde die out. Your boomer is respawning, he's probably half way done already. If they start lifting the person up, run in and claw, or get a high damage pounce, or smoke (or claw, if the tongue isn't up) make sure you claw the person being picked up so he falls (AND the person helping them for added splash damage). Staggering things like this will often buy time for another boomer spawn before the person can get picked up, enabling another really devastating attack while the survivors are in a terrible, hard to defend position, with someone still on the ground.

Use tools effectively: Don't waste cocktails or bombs for no reason. Tossing a bomb in a narrow alleyway that can easily be defended from a horde is a waste. Use it while you're out in the open, on the move. Also, throw pre-emptively, if possible. Often times waiting till the zombies are already all over you is going to cost you a lot of health. Chain pipes with our teamates.

Going back to an above example, no mercy again, right before the run into the subway. If the other team is dumb or impatient, we can goad them into attacking us while we're in the safety of the house. Or, if we've just come out of the alleyway after immediately killed a two hunters and a smoker, we know there's only one person left, and the other two have about 20-30 seconds before we'll see them again. Skip the house, throw a bomb and run for it. Chain those bombs, and keep going. You can make it all the way into the safe room before a respawn if done correctly. Just have to keep up with spawn timers and use your tools wisely.

Another, sort of cheap tactic which was more useful back in the day, but not as much now is if you really need to just GO right then, and zombies are all over you, toss a cocktail on yourself and run for it, the zombies will burn immediately, you'll take more fire damage than it was pre-patch, but overall you'll probably end up taking less damage. Emergency situation use. Use can also throw cocktails at alarm cars, but don't hit the car or the alarm will sound, hit next to it.

YOUR TEAM IS LIFE LINE.

Always know where they are, at all times, always be aware, always look for them, and always make sure they know where you are. Anticipate them getting attacked with every move they make, and be ready to respond with lightning speed. It is a game of damage. Damage is inevitable, but a lot of it can be greatly reduced. Never leave your team, or go far, for long, even if you think it is safe, because it is not.

A SPLIT TEAM, EVEN FOR A SECOND, CAN BE A DEAD TEAM.

The survivors are ONLY extremely powerful when there are four of them. If one goes away, difficulty skyrockets.
                    Click for Bio

Comment

Each gun has its own unique abilities. All weapons have several damage ranges: Point-blank, mid, and far. This means actual damage depends on one of these three ranges.

Note: A small bit of this may have changed with the last couple patches. I haven't looked at the new info yet but from personal experience I can say at least 95% of it is still accurate.

Infected Statistics
                      • Normal Infecteds (25/50/75/100 Health, 50 in Versus)
                        • Hunting Rifle: Everywhere: Instant Death
                        • Pistols, Uzi, M16 & Shotguns:
                          • Head: Instant Death
                          • Other: 100% Damage

• Boomers (50 Health)
                        Hunters (250 Health)
                        Smokers (250 Health)
                        • Head:
                          • Shotguns: 125% Damage
                          • Others: 400% Damage

• Torso: 125% Damage
                        • Arms: 100% Damage
                        • Legs: 75% Damage

• Tanks (3000/4000/8000/8000 Health, 6000 in Versus)
                        • Everywhere: 100% Damage

• Witches (1000 Health)
                        • Pistols, Uzi, M16:
                          • Head: 100% Damage
                          • Other: 50% Damage

• Hunting Rifle:
                          • Everywhere: 100% Damage
                          • Head: Stunned for 2 or 4 seconds if shot while crying.

• Shotguns:
                          • Head: 200% Damage
                          • Other: 100% Damage
                          • Point Blank: x2.5 Damage

• Melee Attacks
                        • Boomer: 2 Damage (1s/hit, 2 DPS) (Area of Effect)
                        • Hunter: 10 Damage (1s/hit, 10 DPS) (Area of Effect)
                        • Smoker: 2 Damage (1s/hit, 2 DPS) (Area of Effect)
                        • Tank: 24 Damage (2s/hit, 12 DPS)

• Special Attacks
                        • Leap: Up to 25 Damage (Area of Effect Stun)
                        • Pounce: 5 Damage/Hit (0.55s/hit, 9.1 DPS)
                        • Pounce on Fire: +10 DPS
                        • Tongue: 5 Damage/Hit (1.1s/hit, 4.55 DPS)
                        • Rock Throw: 24 Damage (2s/throw, 4s recharge, 4 DPS) (Area of Effect)

• Delays
                        • Vomit: 30s recharge
                        • Leap: 1s buildup
                        • Tongue Miss: 3s recharge
                        • Tongue Break: 15s recharge

Weapon Statistics
                      • Pistols
                        • Damage:
                          • Point Blank: 35 Damage
                          • Smoker Range: 22 Damage (100 ft)
                          • Long Range: 13 Damage

• Friendly Fire: 0/1/6/35 Damage, 1 in Versus
                        • Penetration:
                          • Walls: Normal (1 feet)
                          • Infecteds: Normal (2/bullet)

• Single Pistol:
                          • Rate of Fire: 300 rounds/min (3s per clip)
                          • Reload: 2s
                          • DPS: 175 damage/s, 105 sustained

• Dual Pistols:
                          • Rate of Fire: 600 rounds/min (3s per clip)
                          • Reload: 2.8s
                          • DPS: 350 damage/s, 181 sustained

• Uzi
                        • Damage:
                          • Point Blank: 19 Damage
                          • Smoker Range: 15 Damage (100 ft)
                          • Long Range: 11 Damage

• Friendly Fire: 0/1/3/19 Damage, 1 in Versus
                        • Penetration:

• Rate of Fire: 1000 rounds/min (3s per clip)
                        • Reload: 2.4s
                        • DPS: 317 damage/s, 176 sustained

• M16
                        • Damage:
                          • Point Blank: 32 Damage
                          • Smoker Range: 31 Damage (100 ft)
                          • Long Range: 29 Damage

• Friendly Fire: 0/1/5/32 Damage, 1 in Versus
                        • Penetration:
                          • Walls: Extra (1.5 feet)

• Rate of fire: 700 rounds/min (4.3s per clip)
                        • Reload: 1.8s
                        • DPS: 373 damage/s, 262 sustained

• Hunting Rifle
                        • Damage:
                          • All Ranges: 90 Damage
                          • Normal Infecteds: Everywhere: Instant Death

• Friendly Fire: 0/3/15/90 Damage, 3 in Versus
                        • Penetration:
                          • Walls: Extra (1.5 feet)
                          • Infecteds: Infinite

• Rate of fire: 225 rounds/min (4s per clip)
                        • Reload: 3s
                        • DPS: 338 damage/s, 193 sustained

• Pump-Shotgun (10 pellets per shot)
                        Auto-Shotgun (12 pellets per shot)
                        • Damage: (per pellet)
                          • Point Blank: 24 Damage
                          • Smoker Range: 14 Damage (100 ft)
                          • Long Range: 7 Damage
                          • Headshots: No extra damage (except for Witches)

• Friendly Fire: (per pellet) 0/1/4/24 Damage, 1 in Versus
                        • Penetration:
                          • Infecteds: Infinite

• Pump-Shotgun:
                          • Rate of fire: 69 shots/min (7s per clip)
                          • Reload: 0.5s/shell & +1s when empty
                          • DPS: 274 damage/s, 175 sustained

• Auto-Shotgun:
                          • Rate of fire: 200 shots/min (3s per clip)
                          • Reload: 0.4s/shell & +1s when empty
                          • DPS: 960 damage/s, 411 sustained

There are specific tricks based on different parts of maps, and obviously there are good places to attack as infected from. I know them all, but I'm not going to post for hours all the information I know. I can show people, that's much easier.

If you have any questions, just ask.
                      Click for Bio

Comment

steam: kittyautomatic
                        Juniper Thimbles, aka Juney, Blueberry, Maggie, Magpie or Queenie, depending who you ask:
                        Ex-Seamstress, Wannabe Collector, and Machiavellian Maker of Mischief.
                        'Cherries or Strawberries? Rain or Shine? Cats or Dogs? Cake or Pie?'

Juney's Super-Sparkly Triple-New theme tune:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9Kc-p2xxw#t=0m22s

Comment

Still answering any questions about this game, and still taking adds to steam (Kirrund)

Also, I found this relevant:

http://www.imeem.com/karmasandiego/m...uring-schaffe/
                          Click for Bio

Comment

I also play l4d Steam name is the same as the one I use here.

Comment

I play L4D with some friends but I still prefer TF2 for the variety... and ever since I got my huntsman bow all I am interested in doing is putting arrows through people's heads and pinning them to walls.
                              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X