Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual Behavior.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Behavior.

Does anyone else find that NWN2 becomes increasingly unstable? I find after a fresh install it runs fine about a dozen times. After a while, however it becomes increasingly unstable and crashes on loading screens, takes forever to connect to Sundren or has a critical failure before the game is even finished loading initially. It's really frustrating and all that seems to fix it is another fresh install. Any suggestions?
    Perigo Teal, Rogue Assassin.
    Genji, The happy go lucky Gnome.
    Giladel of the house of Ravencrest.

IT GOES 40 MINUTES, but not seconds. Draw off by the pillar of fail!

Originally posted by Tratz View Post
    Does anyone else find that NWN2 becomes increasingly unstable? I find after a fresh install it runs fine about a dozen times. After a while, however it becomes increasingly unstable and crashes on loading screens, takes forever to connect to Sundren or has a critical failure before the game is even finished loading initially. It's really frustrating and all that seems to fix it is another fresh install. Any suggestions?
    Make Obsidian feel your pain.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hahaha! I wish I could. I suppose these issues are to be expected with all new games with fangled new game engines. But they seriously need to put a leash on these memory leak issues. Every time my game crashes it breaks a little more :P
      Perigo Teal, Rogue Assassin.
      Genji, The happy go lucky Gnome.
      Giladel of the house of Ravencrest.

IT GOES 40 MINUTES, but not seconds. Draw off by the pillar of fail!

Comment

Go throw a javelin into Rob McGinnis.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
          Go throw a javelin into Rob McGinnis.
          Now Scarlett, lets not directly flame devs. I spent a lot of time talking to Rob while in the NWN2 Beta. He's a good hardworking guy. Obsidian has its troubles but at least they don't throw the towel in and keep working instead.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Rob is the best guy they have working at Obsidian.

Comment

Any other suggestions for the crucifix then ?
              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

I find it crashes more than anything I have ever installed...and not just slightly - have to reboot.
                If they are working to make it better I'm glad...from the point of view of someone who bought something expecting it to work I think they didn't work half hard enough to start with in my opinion. Any other product released with such obvious flaws would be recalled.
                Pity I like it so much...! My reset button will be worn out at this rate

Comment

Twas a joke. Rob is actually my favorite. He did the character threads which -will- balance every class I believe...or hope. <3 Rob.

Comment

Working...
                  X