Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the players from The Frontier

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the players from The Frontier

(with the general permission of Rhazeal)

In more than one thread I have noticed people referring to The Frontier. Some seem to have left that server, some just mention they've come from it to have a look here.

Gulpy has called it the Great Migration - and that does not count for any other server but The Frontier. Now... why is this happening?

IMO:
    • problems on The Frontier that I do not want to get into detail about here
    • long-term players looking for something new/fresh
    • players moving here that other players like to play with - they follow
    • last but not least - the justified rumors that Sundren is great
    A small petition on my part:
    Please don't give up on The Frontier, people. There's new Staff members and dedicated ones at that. The roleplaying aspect is and will be strengthened and there will be more DM attention. The vision for The Frontier (for instance that it will be formed and developed by the characters) will be finally pursued in the way it should have been from the start.

I think that Sundren shows great promise - both the world (building, scripting) as well as the staff (quick and friendly feedback and help). I think that there will never be a shortage of great players here, ever, and I can understand anyone who wants to play here (*points at himself*).

The Frontier will have a difficult time though - if many of you quit entirely.

I myself will be splitting my already limited time between the two servers and I hope that some of you will do the same instead of entirely quitting The Frontier.

If you have quit and have not yet done so, please do post honest and straightforward feedback on why you left on The Frontier forum - what the reasons are and what expectations/wishes have been disappointed. The staff can only react if there is something to react to. I have put up a thread for this in the Tavern section that those of you I am addressing know where to find (no need to post a linky here...).

Anauroch

Diclaimer: I asked for permission to post this as I felt bad about talking in-depth about another server. If anything in this post goes too far in one way or another, please PM me or outright edit it.

Please - let's not get into a huge discussion here. This is Sundren and all talk about the Frontier belongs there.
    Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Well this sure is interesting. I never quite realised there were so many that had left there.

I will respect your wishes and not get into a discussion about it in this thread. But I will say that I'm not going to the Frontier forums to state why I stopped playing there (for reasons that you don't wish me to discuss here lol).
    Jinx - The gnome with the best hairstyle in all of Faer?n!
    Dalziel Gallagher - Some people are just born lucky.

Comment

I personally feel that Sundren has the most to offer of all the PW's that are currently available. I also know that we have a lot of novel things up-and-coming. I know that we have the most friendly, forthcoming and approachable community in NWN2 - Let's keep it this way.

I know that people will want to express their opionions, but like Anurauch, I urge people to not open a flamewar here. This is Sundren forums, and it would be highly inappropriate to stab The Frontier in the back here. Even for those of us who do not like it.

Comment

NWN 2 is still a fairly new game, with lots of servers still to come im sure.

Although that said, I think Sundren has the most opportunities to offer out of all the servers out there atm. Each to their own I suppose
        Solaris Firecrest - Bright Smiled Erratic Priest of Tempus

Comment

Frontier simply needs to not be discussed on this forum. It is very simple. This forum is for Sundren, not Frontier.
          "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
          - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Frontier simply needs to not be discussed on this forum. It is very simple. This forum is for Sundren, not Frontier.
            If I failed to make this clear - then I apologize.
            Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

Originally posted by Kaldaris View Post
              Agreed. Closed.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I will also add, I will lock topics badmouthing other servers in particular as well. While we try to offer incentives to play on Sundren instead of elsewhere, we are not the type to spit on the efforts of people who put up other PW's. After all, if Sundren was the only PW, would Obsidian bother supporting multiplayer development?

Comment

Working...
                X