Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would it be.. Custom PRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard would it be.. Custom PRC

I was just wanting to ask all of you scriptwriters, etc out there how hard it would be for me to be able to create the prestige class as shown in this link? I've been reading up on the 2da stuff and seems less complicated than I imagined, but I figure its likely just me being ignorant.

http://www.nwn2prc.com/index.php?loc...lasses&page=52

Also, any idea even if it were successfully created (by me or another) and polished what are the chances of it being implemented into Sundren some day?

It would be an awesome addition to the thriving dwarf population
    "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
    Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

To anyone who's read R.A. Salvatore this should be a welcome idea. (if moderated) The roleplaying potential behind it alone would be so much fun... Always liked the PrC... full of all maners of goodies.
    Orin Leal : Ranger of Solonor
    Caleb Canton : Result of Rum
    Talderin Stoneshield : 'nuf said.
    Koal Deeds : ....
    Drathgar Ironhead : Say "Hi" Thorn!

Comment

We don't accept submissions (especially for scripting) from outside parties... it just ends up being more work for us because we cannot always gaurantee #1) it works properly #2) It is designed properly

That being said we already have a crazy amount of custom PrCs and there's no current plans to add anymore.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

While the essence of the class is pretty fun, it would be grossly overpowered if implemented the way it's done there.

But yeah.. would be fairly easy to do.

Comment

Battle rager...man I miss playing that awesome class.

hmm.

while a nice idea I do not see any class like it listed so far like in 2nd Dnd. I figure if you want to RP a battle rager maybe Frenzie beserker would work better.

Last time I looked into making a chractor class it requires editing 2-3 2das and then you make the custom scripting and an level up thing. Was bored when nwn2 came out and wanted to make "Dragon disciples". would have been neat.
          blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
          Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
          I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

The problem with Battlerager is that the true Battlerager from Races uses multiple feats not supported by NWN2. You would either have to make the feats or fake it.

Edit: In addition, I think Reckless Offense would have to be programmed as an active mode, and I have never experienced a custom active mode ever working.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, was just curious with the addition of 2 new PRC's added this last update, and looked further into what it takes to do them. I am as PatriotBob pointed out an RA Salvatore fan, and really appreciate the class as represented in Commonunor Pwent and Thibbledorf Pwent.. along with the other Gutbuster brigade members that were added after Thibbledorf trained them so skillfully =P.

I am also a great fan of the Dwarven race (as I'm sure u all know) and just was curious about what was involved in bringing likely my favorite Dwarf's prestige to life.

Thanks,

PS: Not that I would right now (since I've got my hands busy with my PC's) but since we're mentioning making a proximity to the Battlerager class with the Frenzy prestige, what stats and abilities would be a good call?

I know Pwent and his boys always used some kind of grapple, which is closest related to Knockdown and Imp Knockdown. But the average Battlerager hasn't exactly seemed 13+intel smart. I'm guessing cha to be low due to thier often low hygene standards..

Any ideas? Just wanting an idea, maybe for someone elses benifit.
              Gael Ironhide

Comment

Originally posted by DurinRustbeard View Post
                PS: Not that I would right now (since I've got my hands busy with my PC's) but since we're mentioning making a proximity to the Battlerager class with the Frenzy prestige, what stats and abilities would be a good call?

I know Pwent and his boys always used some kind of grapple, which is closest related to Knockdown and Imp Knockdown. But the average Battlerager hasn't exactly seemed 13+intel smart. I'm guessing cha to be low due to thier often low hygene standards..

Any ideas? Just wanting an idea, maybe for someone elses benifit.
                Great Fortitude, feats that make your fort save and saves vs. poison go up. And Knockdown is the closest thing to grappling in NWN2.

Comment

hmm designing a dwarven battler rager using classes here? that would be fun.

Race: Shield Dwarf

Alignment: Not lawful
                  Deity: -
                  Fighter(6), Frenzied Berserker(9)
                  Race: Shield Dwarf

Alignment: Not lawful
                  Deity: -
                  STR: 16
                  DEX: 13
                  CON: 17(20)
                  WIS: 10
                  INT: 13
                  CHA: 8
                  {Darkvision, Stonecunning, Hardiness vs. Poisons, Hardiness vs. Spells, Battle Training vs. Orcs, Battle Training vs. Goblins, Battle Training vs. Giants, Skill Affinity (Lore)}
                  Bonusfeats: §: Fighter
                  Lvl 01: Fighter(1): Background: Veteran0, Toughness, Power Attack §, {Tower Shield Proficiency}
                  Lvl 02: Fighter(2): Disarm §
                  Lvl 03: Fighter(3) Stone bones
                  Lvl 04: Fighter(4): CON+1, Cleave §, (CON=18)
                  Lvl 05: Fighter(5)
                  Lvl 06: Fighter(6): Great Cleave § Iron bones
                  Lvl 07: Frenzied Berserker(1): {Frenzy 1}
                  Lvl 08: Frenzied Berserker(2): CON+1, {Supreme Cleave}, (CON=19)
                  Lvl 09: Frenzied Berserker(3): Blind-Fight, {Frenzy 2}
                  Lvl 10: Frenzied Berserker(4): {Deathless Frenzy}
                  Lvl 11: Frenzied Berserker(5): {Frenzy 3, Enhanced Power Attack}
                  Lvl 12: Frenzied Berserker(6): CON+1, Knockdown, {Inspire Frenzy 1}, (CON=20)
                  Lvl 13: Frenzied Berserker(7): {Frenzy 4}
                  Lvl 14: Frenzied Berserker(8): {Inspire Frenzy 2, Greater Frenzy}
                  Lvl 15: Frenzied Berserker(9): Impr. Power Attack, {Frenzy 5}

Hitpoints: 258
                  BAB: 15
                  Saving Throws (Fortitude/Reflex/Will): 16/6/5
                  Skillpoints: 54
                  Max. Melee AB: 18, Max. Ranged AB: 16

how about this? can use power attack, imp power attack, disarm, or knock them down

could see a dwarf taunting something they disarmed and then kicked to the ground.

Frenzie beserker
                  http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...zied_Berserker

Frenzie feat
                  http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/s..._Feats.id=1447
                  blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                  Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                  I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8832

By the way Kaeldorn I really strongly disagree that Battlerager would be overpowered class, they are like strange combination of barbarian and monk without excelling in either.
                    The damage will be definitely terribly bad if you attack with 1d3 fists, even with improved unarmed strike, and you can't use any of the grabble possibilities that are the whole idea behind Battlerager combat...
                    If you compare Battlerager and Weapon master, or even Frenzied berserker, you will notice that the big nifty d12 greataxe or 2d6 greatsword will simply be far more effective than fists could ever be, and all the feats are accessible with relative easyness.

It was mentioned in the earlier thread though that admins don't want Battlerager to the server, so you shouldn't keep your hopes up.

Cer'wyïl Durothil - Mix-breed noble elf
                    Tredonael - The shapeshifter
                    Glagnur Frostfury - The arctic dwarf barbarian
                    Calewyn Gil'Fang - Wood elven archer
                    Jaegor Ursablad - The wychlaran knight from Rashemen

Comment

There's no restriction that says the Battlerager can't ditch unarmed combat and pick up weapons anyway.

And then all of a sudden all of this:
                      1: Battle Rage - 1/day (as per Barbarian Rage).
                      Resist Poison - Bestows a +4 bonus to all Fortitude saving throws vs. poison.
                      Feat - Skill Focus: Intimidate - Provides a +3 bonus to all skill checks involving Intimidate.
                      2: Aura of Courage - The Battlerager becomes immune to fear.
                      Feat - Knockdown.
                      3: Battle Rage - 2/day.
                      4: Feat - Great Cleave.
                      Feat - Improved Knockdown.
                      5: Battle Rage - 3/day.
                      Feat - Armor Skin - The Battlerager's skin hardens, granting a +2 bonus to natural AC.

Including a d12 hit die becomes a bit ridiculous. 5 really good free combat feats, including one better than an epic feat and one level 4 more or less characteristic paladin ability (that being one of the best things they ever get I might add), 2 more fairly general feats AND barbarian rage over only 5 levels? You basically have a mix of 5 levels fighter, barbarian and paladin all in one PRC.

The official one from the books is a little less overpowered, but still a bit too good overall. And the extra scripting and testing would cause even more additional work, as Saulus hinted at.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn View Post
                        There's no restriction that says the Battlerager can't ditch unarmed combat and pick up weapons anyway.

And then all of a sudden all of this:
                        1: Battle Rage - 1/day (as per Barbarian Rage).
                        Resist Poison - Bestows a +4 bonus to all Fortitude saving throws vs. poison.
                        Feat - Skill Focus: Intimidate - Provides a +3 bonus to all skill checks involving Intimidate.
                        2: Aura of Courage - The Battlerager becomes immune to fear.
                        Feat - Knockdown.
                        3: Battle Rage - 2/day.
                        4: Feat - Great Cleave.
                        Feat - Improved Knockdown.
                        5: Battle Rage - 3/day.
                        Feat - Armor Skin - The Battlerager's skin hardens, granting a +2 bonus to natural AC.

Including a d12 hit die becomes a bit ridiculous. 5 really good free combat feats, including one better than an epic feat and one level 4 more or less characteristic paladin ability (that being one of the best things they ever get I might add), 2 more fairly general feats AND barbarian rage over only 5 levels? You basically have a mix of 5 levels fighter, barbarian and paladin all in one PRC.

The official one from the books is a little less overpowered, but still a bit too good overall. And the extra scripting and testing would cause even more additional work, as Saulus hinted at.
                        The official one isn't overpowered because they are all attack and no AC, along with a -4 to all Cha checks outside of intimidate. If you have a battlerager in your party, chances are your fighting as soon as diplomacy goes a tad south. Besides, PnP builds tend to be more balanced than their video game counterparts since the DM is usually there at the level up process and can oversee it compared to computer AI that just regulates level up on scripted boundaries.(and because of this, NWN engine thinks Sorceror 19/Paladin 1 is an ok build when its simply unrealistic.)

As for the NWN model, well yeah its overpowered, but that's because the feats were either a waste to make or couldn't be made in NWN, so they had to fake it(which is akin to what Obsidian did with the Stormlord in MotB, but did not repeat in SoZ with the Doomguide). Not to mention if you were to add Endurance(which is a feat the PnP model requires), you would have to add it to the ranger featlist, since in PnP its a free feat for them at level 3.

Comment

The original one also has the AC. The only things that are different other than the cha skill checks (which a brute dwarf isn't going to use much anyhow) is that the fearlessness isn't an aura, and that the knockdown and improved knockdown have some more mediocre abilities instead like an optional 'reverse defensive fighting' mode that improves AB by 2 at the expense of 4 AC and something to bust their way out of grapples. Still not too shabby.

While the class has a funny concept, it isn't something that can't be fulfilled RP'ing using other classes. There are gaps that I'd much rather fill if time allows, classes/PRC's that would be more unique and still more widely available than just to dwarves.

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate the analysis.
                            Gael Ironhide

Comment

Working...
                            X