Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime

Like I tell my wife I am a "Nerd", not a "geek". :P

anyway I figured a good topic would be anime. Classics, currently watching. Recomends etc.

I just got Morbito, tried to watch first disc kinda hard with boy sick but looks intresting.

Personal favorites.

Gokudo, Ruin Solider, Irresponsible captian tylor, Outlaw star, Slayers. My wifes charactor in nwn reminded me alot of Lena Inverse.(sp?)

I have a full wall of them but figured I would like to know of more ideas what to watch.
    blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
    I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Berserk (more so the manga though.). Gurren Laggan. Cowboy Bebop. That's about it.
    Daelus Bloodmoon (a.k.a. "Thistlegrasper") - Ranger, untrusting and sarcastic ne'er-do-well, and overall jerk.

Dae's theme (For now at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNh9f2Wwm0

Comment

Hmm... Anime.. where to start.

Recommended:
      Gurren Laggan, Elfen Lied, Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, and Claymore.

Classic Awesome:
      Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Ninja Scrolls, Wolf's Rein, Samurai Champloo, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and finally Ghost in the shell.

Currently Watching: Bleach , Naruto , Soul-Eater.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I like anime alot.. either way if your not a fan of anime and you watch it everyonce in a while I especillay recommend Princess Mononoke , Spirited Away , Death Note , Claymore , Elfen Lied , Kenichi and Gurren Laggan
      Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

Comment

Ooo... Lena Inverse: "Look at her, she`s flat as a pancake"

Well, my favorites:
        Record of Lodoss War, SoltyRei, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Last Exile, Samurai 7, Bleach and Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou.
        sigpic
        Samantha Blake: *Sings a song about hope and sacrifice.*
        Funeral singer and armored Bard of Kelemvor.

Comment

I don't like a whole lot of anime, though there's a few I enjoy watching.

My absolute favourite: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Other ones I like watching from time to time: Outlaw Star*, Record of Lodoss War, Noir, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh

*Aldanon in the main NWN2 campaign is voiced by Gwen Kahn, and he's got the same exact absent-minded professor personality!
          -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Death Note, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, Bleach, Basilisk, Code Geass =)

Comment

The voice actors name is Milton James and he also voiced a character in GTA 4. His voice is just great

Originally posted by Rhifox View Post
              I don't like a whole lot of anime, though there's a few I enjoy watching.

My absolute favourite: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Other ones I like watching from time to time: Outlaw Star*, Record of Lodoss War, Noir, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh

*Aldanon in the main NWN2 campaign is voiced by Gwen Kahn, and he's got the same exact absent-minded professor personality!
              sigpic
              Samantha Blake: *Sings a song about hope and sacrifice.*
              Funeral singer and armored Bard of Kelemvor.

Comment

Seen: Dennou Coil, Death Note, Bleach, Naruto, FLCL, TTGL, One Piece, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (), Miyazaki's stuff, Tower of Druaga Aegis no Uruk, several others I'm sure I'm forgetting

Recommend: Dennou Coil, Bleach (to episode...64 IIRC), Death Note (until 25, or whenver that one guy kills the other guy, ya know?), TTGL, Miyazaki's stuff, Tower of Druaga (silly+serious+fantasy= <3), FLCL (That's shit's crazy)

Watching: Shippuden (who'll mainsub it now that DB's done? ), One Piece, Tower of Druaga Sword no Uruk. I'm actually in a slump for a good, short series. Something in the range of 15-30 eps. Any suggestions for me to check out?

Comment

Seen: Neon Genesis Evangelion, The End of Evangelion, Evangelion 1.0 You are (not) alone, Cowboy Bebop, School Days, Darker Than Black, Death Note, Lucky Star, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Clannad Movie, Hellsing TV, Hellsing OVA 1 to 5, Air TV, Air Movie, Kanon 2006, Record of the Lodoss War, My Wife Is a High School Girl, Kodomo No Jikan, Dot Hack Series, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, HellGirl, HellGirl: Second Cage.

Recommend: School Days (It's so wicked sick coming from a eroge), Black Lagoon (A fresh air action serie with a touch of Cowboy Bebop).

Watching: ToraDora, Clannad After Story
                  Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
                  -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
                  -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
                  -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
                  - Done -

Comment

Originally posted by MKartMaster View Post
                    I'm actually in a slump for a good, short series. Something in the range of 15-30 eps. Any suggestions for me to check out?
                    Chrno Crusade
                    Gantz(this is written by the guy who wrote Berserk, so its very graphic)

Comment

School Days FTW MKartMaster, it's short (12 episodes) and it's more twisted than a ogre nose hair.
                      Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
                      -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
                      -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
                      -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
                      - Done -

Comment

Originally posted by c2k View Post
                        Gantz(this is written by the guy who wrote Berserk, so its very graphic)
                        Gantz and Berserk are from two different respective manga artists. Art style is distinct enough from each other. Graphic and sexual content in Japan's manga isn't that uncommon actually.

Currently am watching Xam'D: Lost Memories.

Mithrilia Somadis - The Heart of Mithril

Comment

Well everyone has already introduced my favorites but here's it for redundancy:

Ghost in the shell, Full Metal alchemist, Evangellion, Eureka 7, Elfen Lied, Death note, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, one or 2 I forgot.
                          Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
                          Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
                          -General George S. Patton

Comment

cool so "bleach", and "deathnote" seem a good one to get next.

I guess I could list seen for me as well.

Ranma 1/2, slayers, elfen lied, berserk, outlawstar, full metal alchemist, those who hunt elves, Gokudo, samurai X, crying freeman, Gun grave, Ruin Solider, Ruin exploeres, Bastard, Eatman 98, Gunslinger Girls, lodoss war, Record of lodoss war, Trigun, Nurato, Heatguy J, Chrono Crusade, Peacemaker, Wild Arms, Orphen season 1 and 2, Irresponsible captain tylor, Desert Punk, Dragon Pink , and probably a dozen or so more.

I think those are the dvd's I have, I am sure I missed a few.
                            blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
                            Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
                            I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Anime is like british comedy. Most of it stinks.. is downright TERRIBLE in fact. However, the ones that are good are SO GOOD, that it is more than worth it to wade through all the crap to find them.

My picks...

Death Note, Slayers, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champoo, Trigun, Tenchi Muyo (OAV or TV, none of the other crap), R.O.D., Record of Lodoss War (only saw the first season), Full-metal Alchemist, and Rune Soldier (which shoulda stuck closer to the manga).
                              sigpic
                              Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

Working...
                              X