Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell

I am just telling everyone that after some fifteen or more-so character failures over around a months time, I have decided to quit roleplay for good, Not just Sundren. Since, months before joining Sundren I was utterly failing at roleplay already, most of my characters being lame or iffy to lore or something else. Thus, I think it is about time I give up.

I will not be replying in this thread, and I will not be checking up on the progress of this thread, as it is supposed to be a post to tell those that would actually care to say goodbye without making such a conversation with them in-game turn into a complain-fest. Feel free to post however you wish here, for I will not. be. replying. in. this. post. Nor will I look to it, as I have already stated.

Hope you all have fun roleplaying.I'm just not good enough for anything of such. Also, I will still donate as I said I was going to in an earlier thread that I accidentally revived, another one of my many ignorant mistakes I have made in such a short time. Most likely sometime in a serven day period.

SS, I'm sure you'll check this thread. I think you're jumping a bit overboard. I hope you can return and have fun. Try not to focus so much on "ignorance and failures." You write very well and have a good creative streak.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

seriously....please look...i have absolutely no RP skills, but everyone else still tolerates me...PL had to spoon feed me rp for me to finish my faction quest....it was bad, but i'm still here. . I'm sure that everyone else values your RP more than you think. . on the other hand if you're really determined not to come back then stay safe, and try to stay happy. We'll miss you.

PS i read that post just now, and i think that maybe you need to just volunteer those talents to help with developing some dialog for the server or something...just my thoughts...which are usually not to useful.
      Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
      Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
      Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
      Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
      Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Lamb View Post
        SS, I'm sure you'll check this thread. I think you're jumping a bit overboard. I hope you can return and have fun. Try not to focus so much on "ignorance and failures." You write very well and have a good creative streak.
        Pl just stated what I was thinking.

Also you're a much more creative person than I. You should just relax and have fun while RPing, not worry about what you've done wrong.

But if you really won't come back, then I'll miss You and your part in Sundren.

Comment

I'm gonna take Sweet's word for it. Tis a shame really, but that's the deal.

SS is a big doo doo head!
          Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
          Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
          Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

You're going to write something like this, and now you're no good at RP?

I'd take it as just a bad hair day and not worry about it.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Like Saulus said, bad hair day. At least you have hair to have a bad day with, Pyras is out in the cold.((Isn't sure how this ends up making fun of Demathos, but it does.))
              Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
              "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

I'm hoping you'll read this too and say you RP very well. Regarding your mistakes, they're normal. I've gotten reminded (or pounded on the head) many times before I figured out how things work. And I suspect I'll make more. Anyway, here's hoping.
                characters:
                Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
                Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
                Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

Well I have no RP experience cept here on sundren. From what I can tell you have a lot more skills then I do. There are so many unique and crazy people in this world we need you to be one also.
                  "Computer Jock striving for the most nerd points"

~Pip Gemini~ Halfling Adventurer

Comment

Nope , not allowed to quit.
                    You know why? Cuz the king says so.
                    Champion!!!!!
                    No really , I think you are being a little hard on yourself.
                    Where you came up with the idea of not being good enough , is beyond me.
                    I have seen your rp , and it is not bad. really!!!
                    Could even get better , but you will never know now will you? =p
                    "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Spirit
                      I will not. be. replying. in. this. post.
                      Why not?
                      ---

To Mold a Mind:

"Her body will be fortified, her mind will be taken and reforged, and her heart shall be sworn only to uphold that which I demand. And as for her soul, well - she can have that back when she's dead."

Comment

This is disappointing.

I very much hope you do read these replies and reconsider.
                        Meeting Saniah was a very memorable encounter, and I really can't fathom why you would be so negative about your obviously above-par understanding of roleplaying and characterisation.

Anybody that cares enough about the standard of their roleplaying this much is obviously doing something right. And that's some Gnomish logic, right there.

Everybody makes mistakes, and whatever mistakes you made, I'm willing to bet my little Gnomish spectacles that they're minor in comparison to some of the Class-A Gooberism I've witnessed in the past, and it's probably worth mentioning that even the cream of the Class A Gooberism crop wasn't anything worth quitting roleplaying for good over.

It's easy to be overcritical of yourself, and everybody worries about these things to some degree at one point or another. Even me! I'm not Juniper, which is to say I'm certainly not infallible, and I certainly don't share her confidence - I also spend time thinking "should I have done this? does that fit into the setting? did I go too far here? do people care about this character?" and a million other self-doubting questions too numerous to mention. Then I just suck it up and keep on going regardless, because no matter what the answer to those questions, I'm having fun, playing my character to the best of my abilities.

That's all that should matter. There aren't any RP police. Just have fun.

I hope you do read this... if you do, but still don't want to reply, maybe PM me? If you don't feel like it, don't worry. It just seems like a shame to see you quit doing something you obviously enjoy.

Either way, take care, good luck, have fun.
                        Juniper Thimbles, aka Juney, Blueberry, Maggie, Magpie or Queenie, depending who you ask:
                        Ex-Seamstress, Wannabe Collector, and Machiavellian Maker of Mischief.
                        'Cherries or Strawberries? Rain or Shine? Cats or Dogs? Cake or Pie?'

Juney's Super-Sparkly Triple-New theme tune:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9Kc-p2xxw#t=0m22s

Comment

Originally posted by Demathos View Post
                          Why not?
                          Wouldn't that be something akin to crashing your own farewell party?

SS, I'm not sure what you're getting at as a lack of RP talent. But from what I've read, you seem good a enough storywriter. Don't feel you have to have a great deal of lore IC or OOC to write. If storytelling is your thing, write a story that involves your character being somewhere besides Sundren. People are allowed to take IC trips to wherever. Have some fun. Send your toon on a vacation, or and exciting adventure chasing down fire giants with some group of opressed dwarves (yeah, I stole that from the OC), or saving the day at a fair-gone-horribly-bad because of some crazed mage in some far off city that nobody has ever even heard of Then bring pieces of that into the game with your character.

Just some advice. I hate to see someone give up over something they're actually competent at.
                          Larando de'Kaun: Larando's history.
                          Originally posted by Gabryal
                          is it just me or is Larando kind of the Monty Python of villains? It seems that everything he tries doesn't just go wrong, but horribly so
                          Cazador: The marauding beast's heart.
                          "The Hunt must be clean. If disease or affliction is visited on hunters by a beast, clergy of Malar must do all they can to root out and exterminate the taint, that bloodlines and beasts in the wild remain always strong." -The gospel of Saernclaws

Comment

Working...
                          X